Does anyone have any tips to write a Mod A essay in 40 mins? (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
Write fasterrrrrr

I’m kidding lol. One thing I’d suggest (but would take a gradual build up so isn’t exactly ideal if you have assessment within the next few days), would be to practise past questions and train your mind to plan out what you’d write more quickly. That way when you can start your planning during reading time, and use the entire 40mins for writing instead of struggling through it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In addition to the above, I believe that being able to provide a complete response (in this case, I assume it is a 900-1200 word response) in 40 minutes depends on a couple of factors:
  • The number of practice essays that you write.
  • The number of times that you have attempted to write an essay under timed conditions.
A general goal that you should probably set is the ability to write approximately 250-300 words in 10 minutes (that is, approximately 25-30 words per minute).

Generally speaking, the higher the number of practice essays that you are writing (which implies attempting different types of Module A essay questions and assuming you are taking these seriously), the more exposure and interaction with not only Module A, but also your prescribed texts that you will gain (in terms of being able to comfortably adapt and use techniques and quotes to answer different essay questions).

From experience, attempting to write your essay under timed conditions is a good way of simulating the pressure imposed by an actual exam setting, allowing you to systematically increase your writing speed as you start to write as fast as possible. This is particularly useful if you are planning to use a pre-planned/pre-written essay, but can also be a good strategy to implement after having attempted multiple practice Module A essay questions.

I hope this helps! :D

vishnay

God
HSC
The time limit is so annoying. How would you go about planning and managing the time available? I always tend to take like 50-55 mins. Jimmy pls help lol.
what time limit? is this like the suggested 40 mins per module in the hsc? u should spend more time on mod a and less time on mod b and c

i spent about 47 minutes on mod a in the hsc and it's supposed to be that way (mod a essays are typically around 25-35% larger than ur common mod or mod b essays)

planning for an essay will only take around 1-2 mins if you memorise beforehand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)