Does anyone regret attending the school that they attended? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
which school do you go to?
Cerdon College, usually ranked top 90s. Such an awesome school ^^

Distance often acts as a hindrance, as per my own situation.

But good on you for making that tough decision! It must have been hard. And I'm glad that you've really "found your place" (haha belonging) in your school.
Hehe thanks. I only took that test because my mum said i should at least do it to see how smart i was :)

which OLMC? theres one in the sutho shire but i HIGHLY doubt that has a good rep.
Ahaha, nah it was the OLMC in Parramatta. OLMC although it has a slightly better rank than my school, it's usually ranked a little lower than my school XD

sinophile

HSC
N/A
My school is full of wankers, but it turned out alright in the end.

5233andy

HSC
Nup no regrets.
My school had a great atmosphere, especially in Year 12.
Having smaller number of students in each class has its disadvantages of course, but it also meant that teachers were more friendly/helpful for us and were always happy to help us at anytime (not doubting this doesn't happen with big cohorts either though).

I went to the school I did my HSC at for 10 years which wouldn't have been possible if I disliked it.

P.S. I think my school had the best gardens ever!! So greeeeen, OMG.
Oh, which school's that?

5233andy

HSC
Cerdon College, usually ranked top 90s. Such an awesome school ^^

Hehe thanks. I only took that test because my mum said i should at least do it to see how smart i was :)

Ahaha, nah it was the OLMC in Parramatta. OLMC although it has a slightly better rank than my school, it's usually ranked a little lower than my school XD
My sister currently attends Cerdon. At times, she'd come home with stories about how she had to swim with ducks and cockroaches during PE. At least you have a pool...

Triquetral

HSC
No way for the people I have met, my friends are my life but the actual school? If I had the choice again I wouldn't have gone to my school...teachers are terrible...facilities aren't exactly great...so yes I regret it pretty highly...

sjbby

HSC
lol, i went three different high schools..
first was private, to catholic to public haha. i wish i stuck with the private or catholic one =/

rattus69

HSC
Well there was really no choice for me for a high school, there are only two in our area, unless I want an hour bus ride into Newcastle. But it wasn't until I met my boyfriend that I realized I could of actually gotten into the selective school he went to, but my primary school was never offered the exam for enrollment, and now I regret that I never asked about it, thinking about how different things could of been. Even the performing arts school, it would of been amazing to go there, and I could of made it in, but my parents never really offered me anything and I feel like I've missed out on so many opportunities because I had to go to one of the worst schools in Port Stephens.
+1

Had to go to the worst school in my area in Newcastle (of the 2 closest schools), where one of my teachers had a crazy vandetta against me and the rest really didn't care if I learnt anything at all.
Wish I could have gone to a selective school but even though my parents could easily afford it, they weren't willing to pay for it at all (even though my older brother begged them to send me for senior years, because he had to graduate from the same school).

Last edited:

rattus69

HSC
stop blaming others and do some work
I did work, and I still did my best. I really don't care what atar I get anymore anyway.
The point I was trying to make, which I probably didn't make clear, was that given the opportunity I think I would have performed better in a different school.

Last edited:

Phouna

HSC
N/A
My school is not the BEST, it isn't a high rank school at all - not even CLOSE!

BUT I don't regret attending the school I went to although academically many would say I'm stupid for saying this. My teachers are just AMAZING, I don't know how they do it everyday putting up with the little annoying flipping crazy, nuts, hyper ,attention seeking juniors. They have been so supportive throughout the high school years and I can absolutely say they understood each and everyone of us ( Yes we were a small grade). I love my maths teacher as if he is my second dad - that should explain a bit. Oh yeah BUT we had a pretty errrmmm.... not so great career adviser who told us about early entries, scholarships etc. when they were too late >_<" so pretty much my grade missed out on early entry to any university. She doesn't have much hope in us one bit.

My grade, we have been told we are one hell of a close grade. Everyone knew each other and we always exchange friendly gestures even though we weren't close friends, we'll strike up a conversation with each other whenever there is a chance.

Academically I do regret attending my school due to the environment, it wasn't exactly a studying area and most work were done at home. Even during exams there will always be a blast of sound, people screaming to one other, children jumping on chairs, swearing at the teacher etc. And a few people in my grade attended school just to get their parents off their backs because they weren't sure what they wanted to do so unfortunately they didn't care what marks they get etc.

Overall, I don't regret it due to the support of teachers and my grade - if I turned back time I would still attend my school despite the low ranking and not-so-great career adviser.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Which school is the better option of out these choices? OLMC vs CERDON vs Mount Saint Benedict Colledge? Or can anyone recommend any good ones?

sida1049

HSC
Which school is the better option of out these choices? OLMC vs CERDON vs Mount Saint Benedict Colledge? Or can anyone recommend any good ones?
OLMC has a good maths faculty, unless if something has changed since I've last heard of it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. At the time I didn't think it was that special but in hindsight I'm really glad I did. Everything from the teachers, the community culture and the extra curricular activities (even on a modest government school budget) helped set me up for the longer term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)