• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
No. You have this lifetime to decide.
The bible says all will have a chance , all will hear the message one day. Not everyone will hear it the same. But all will have a chance.
"Desires that none shall perish"
Ok so why is it that God's decided to give some people an easier message than others? Obviously by examining the data... people born into some geographic regions have a much harder time accepting jesus christ.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
A muslim would say that satan has distorted the figure of jesus as a false god to bring people to hell.
Yes , a muslim would say that. Doesnt mean anything. Just means another ploy by satan.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
That is not true. SOrry i hate contradicting people bluntly , but , read your bible:)
I'm sorry but how are you the authority on the bible now? I really care very little for it, it's an interpretative text with almost no solid basis to work from... I mean you do realise that many books of the bible were removed from biblical cannon by meetings of the church right? Do you believe their decisions were divinely inspired?

If you can find me an example of one person interpreting the bible that way, before St Augustine did, then I will accept that the bible has always said that...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Yes , a muslim would say that. Doesnt mean anything. Just means another ploy by satan.
It means something to me... See to me I just see two people on an equal footing both claiming some personal experience which has led them to believe the other is deceived by the devil. Do you believe the devil is influencing me to think this way? Like... is it clear to you that a person who hasn't had your "experiences" should hear your words and believe you over the muslim, or can you understand why both your accounts seem equally worthy?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
whys that?
Satan was actually an angel. Before we were created. He became filled with pride and believed himself the equal of God. He took one third of heavens angels with him. Ever since he has waged war against God. Really , really dumb.
But he knows how much God loves us.He watched ( rather foolishly participated believing he was winning at the time) as God allowed his son to die for us. Thats love.
It was a spiritual law.
He who sins falls short of the glory of God. We could not stand Gods glory. Ever since the first person sinned - sin has been passed down to all of us, all of our kind, and creation too. The Earth was not created to bear sin.
The only way to redeem the sin of all of us , was for God to lay down his life. This he did. Satan mustnt have realised that DEATH COULD NOT HOLD HIM DOWN.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
It means something to me... See to me I just see two people on an equal footing both claiming some personal experience which has led them to believe the other is deceived by the devil. Do you believe the devil is influencing me to think this way? Like... is it clear to you that a person who hasn't had your "experiences" should hear your words and believe you over the muslim, or can you understand why both your accounts seem equally worthy?
Bible says if you seek him (GOD) with all your heart you will find him.
DOnt just believe me. Or anyone.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Satan was actually an angel. Before we were created. He became filled with pride and believed himself the equal of God. He took one third of heavens angels with him. Ever since he has waged war against God. Really , really dumb.
But he knows how much God loves us.He watched ( rather foolishly participated believing he was winning at the time) as God allowed his son to die for us. Thats love.
It was a spiritual law.
He who sins falls short of the glory of God. We could not stand Gods glory. Ever since the first person sinned - sin has been passed down to all of us, all of our kind, and creation too. The Earth was not created to bear sin.
The only way to redeem the sin of all of us , was for God to lay down his life. This he did. Satan mustnt have realised that DEATH COULD NOT HOLD HIM DOWN.
How can you be certain that you are not decieved by Satan when you know yourself that other people can be decieved? Liiiike... I know that sometimes guys can not notice that a girl is cheating on them behind their back, they're too blind by love and they say things like "NAH SHE'D NEVER DO THAT WHAT WE HAVE IS SPECIAL", so if I'm in a situation like that and I have outside observers saying to me "Hey... She's cheating on you, stop thinking with your heart" I think I'd try my best to ignore my feelings, because I know we can be decieved by them.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
I'm sorry but how are you the authority on the bible now? I really care very little for it, it's an interpretative text with almost no solid basis to work from... I mean you do realise that many books of the bible were removed from biblical cannon by meetings of the church right? Do you believe their decisions were divinely inspired?

If you can find me an example of one person interpreting the bible that way, before St Augustine did, then I will accept that the bible has always said that...
I repeat , just read the bible yourself.
God created the Earth for his own glory.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Bible says if you seek him (GOD) with all your heart you will find him.
DOnt just believe me. Or anyone.
Why wouldn't I seek God with all my heart *TRUE*?

- I know I'm going to die, I would like to continue living.
- I have people I love who have died, I would love to know they are still alive.
- I would love to imagine the possibilities that come with such an existence.

To me, everything... absolutely everything that we can have on this mortal world, is worthless next to God/The afterlife being true. Can you please explain to me where I'm going wrong?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
It all boils down to,

Why do you believe that what the Bible says is true?
or
How do you know the Bible is from God? (other than because it says so)
Because I know God. And i know that his word is true.
My faith is in Him.
I cant prove to you by human argument. Sometimes i think that would be so much more simple, i wonder why God didnt make it easier to just PROVE he is.
But he wants our faith.
Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Faith is important. Its believing no matter what. God values that.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I repeat , just read the bible yourself.
God created the Earth for his own glory.
hmm... true, you take some parts of the bible literally and others as a metaphor, correct? By what decision making process do you do this? It's something independent of the bible, correct?

Sometimes i think that would be so much more simple, i wonder why God didnt make it easier to just PROVE he is.
Easier? Possible would be a start for me... if it were possible to prove his existence I might be open.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Why wouldn't I seek God with all my heart *TRUE*?

- I know I'm going to die, I would like to continue living.
- I have people I love who have died, I would love to know they are still alive.
- I would love to imagine the possibilities that come with such an existence.

To me, everything... absolutely everything that we can have on this mortal world, is worthless next to God/The afterlife being true. Can you please explain to me where I'm going wrong?
Enteebee I dont know your heart , i dont know where you are going wrong.
Maybe stop with all these worldly philosophies for a while. Pray. Seek God not a sign of God that you can prove to a sceptic. Talk to him.He's there.
You will have to humble yourself to pray. To let go of yourself. Its not easy for anyone.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Enteebee I dont know your heart , i dont know where you are going wrong.
Maybe stop with all these worldly philosophies for a while. Pray. Seek God not a sign of God that you can prove to a sceptic. Talk to him.He's there.
You will have to humble yourself to pray. To let go of yourself. Its not easy for anyone.
Seems to me that you want me to be a ripe open picking for a false god or satan, no thanks... I'm going to keep my wits about me in my quest. I am humble, I don't think I really know ANYTHING, I think I'm just working off my best guesses, it's you who's so certain they have everything right. You're so certain that your conception of God is true and everyone elses is wrong... What happened to being humble?

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
hmm... true, you take some parts of the bible literally and others as a metaphor, correct? By what decision making process do you do this? It's something independent of the bible, correct?

Easier? Possible would be a start for me... if it were possible to prove his existence I might be open.
1) The bible said he has sent his Holy Spirit to reveal his truth to us. It isnt by my decision making process but by His Holy Spirit.

2) As long as you insist on finding God using false philosophy , and by demanding of God to satisfy your every doubt , you will not find him. You will need faith. Even if you have faith as small as a "mustard seed" you will do it.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
i cant imagine any being, filled with pride or not, to reject god while knowing him.
Nor I!!!!
Angels are different to people too you know. They have a different purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)