Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
God is not evil yes he judges he had every right to he created us and we disobey him. Living a life for christ is the only one worth living

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Enteebee said:
It's God's will to have atheists, we're here to test the true believers.
Yes I have come to that conclusion. It seems that despite knowing we were going to be atheists all along, he wanted us to keep the believers some company, and then rot in hell later. I mean, if that was the case, I would've appreciated God to give me the mercy of not existing at all, if that was my fate (existing, co-existing with believers, then burning in hell for what I was fated for). Much like the little prank he did by putting the apple tree in the garden of eden. What a little prankster he was.

He and Satan aren't very different.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
God is not evil yes he judges he had every right to he created us and we disobey him. Living a life for christ is the only one worth living
Bible death toll:

Satan - 10

God - 2,391,421 (This doesn't include the Flood; estimated 33,000,000+)

Mormon God - 19,000+

Allah - 4

Apocalyptic death toll estimation:

Satan - 0

God - 3,300,000,000

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
emirisan said:
It is your choice, you choose what you want to do in your life

BUT, God knows what you will choose.
but but but....

God created me right? So whatever it is about my genetics (or my 'soul' I guess) that leads me not to follow him, he made, God designed and created an atheist soul to damn to all eternity.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
emirisan said:

Christ you just reiterated the problem, can't you see that?!?!

Can't you see that

emirisan said:
contradicts with
emirisan said:
THINK ABOUT IT

I don't understand how you cannot see the contradiction! The injustice of a FATED DOOM and therefore NO CHOICE.

boris

Banned
HSC
That is my issue.

If he is a truly benevolent God, and if he knows what we're going to do before we do it, why doesn't he make all the bad stuff in the world go away?

If we make our own decisions, to me that means we don't answer to a God.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm about to have a brain explosion. Please am I just insane?

Try to follow me here.

Just try

The following I will assume to be true:

I have the CHOICE of whether to believe in God or not
and
God knows what I will choose.
and
Atheists are doomed to go to hell
therefore before I even made the choice of atheism and emphasising that

God knows what I will choose
before I was even BORN God knew I will be doomed to go to hell

Therefore by LETTING ME EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE, I have NO CHOICE but a fated doom.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The idea is that the "you" that exists in the future has already made the choice, i.e. u didn't make the choice before u were born, it's just that God can see the entire timeline of your life and he knows how it's going to go...

Even on it's own there I still have some issues, but I think the main thing that supports the "no free will" thing is that God created us knowing that's how we'd turn out (due to how he created us).

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, God violates quantum theory (in that everything is inherently random and unpredictable, therefore it can't be "known" by an "all-knowing God" that has a "Plan").

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Kwayera said:
Also, God violates quantum theory (in that everything is inherently random and unpredictable, therefore it can't be "known" by an "all-knowing God" that has a "Plan").
Everything? I'd be careful not to extrapolate quantum theory out onto ... much larger than quantum bodies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
incorrect he knows what you are going to do but the choice is still yours he doesnt make it for you he just knows what choice you are going to make.
No you don't understand, you seem to understand a few things, and not the important point I'm trying to stress, maybe I'm being unclear here.

A hindu believer came to existence. God let this happen, as he gave him life. But he knew (via the fact that this hindu person grew up in a hindu household in a hindu country and thus had a hindu upbringing) HE KNEW he was going to be HINDU ALL ALONG. THEREFORE he is fated to go to hell.

Why does God let the hindu believer exist if he KNOWS he is only going to punish him for being hindu!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!

FATED DOOM. This is what I mean about fated doom

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
He created us perfect we turned away. he knew we were going to but due to free will he didnt stop us
Yeah but obviously we have a different "personality" or "soul" than the people that choose not to turn away right? Where did that come from? That came from (like everything else) God.

So God gave me the doomed soul.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Enteebee said:
Everything? I'd be careful not to extrapolate quantum theory out onto ... much larger than quantum bodies.
Sure I can. Unless someone wants to mathematically contradict me (Slidey?), as far as I know, you cannot predict anything 100% of the time. Entropy (especially largescale, "patterns" tend towards chaos).

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kwayera said:
As long as God's plan allows for a margin of error of around hbar/2 then he should be alright

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
because he is not going to stop someone from being born because of that. they could turn out to be a christian everyone deserves the right to choose.
Well he's very fair then is he?

The baby who was born in a christian family/country/upbringing has a greater chance of being rewarded for his faith than the baby who was born in a hindu family/country/upbringing? We seem to therefore have unequal chances of getting into heaven.

(this part I don't actually mean and is more a joke for katie/chadd)
Almost.... racist-ly selecting who will go to heaven!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
because he is not going to stop someone from being born because of that. they could turn out to be a christian everyone deserves the right to choose.
BUT HE KNOWS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE A HINDU.

God. Do you not see that? He knows that they will be born, be hindu, go to hell. So why create something if you are destined to punish them?

ARE YOU THAT BLIND????

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
But because he is all-knowing He will know whether or not they will every get the CHANCE to "choose". How does some poor Indian farmer living in remote Uttar Pradesh ever even hear of the Bible?

Therefore He punishes those who will never have the chance to choose; and given that even in the Bible he was pretty murderous that's really no surprise.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Kwayera said:
Sure I can. Unless someone wants to mathematically contradict me (Slidey?), as far as I know, you cannot predict anything 100% of the time. Entropy (especially largescale, "patterns" tend towards chaos).
I don't want to pretend I'm a mathematician or a physicist but I'll try to share how I think it's been explained to me...

Basically quanta are extremely small particles right? Let's say we have 1 quanta that forms a part of an elephant (this would be on its own... a ridiculously small part of an elephant), now they are not predictable however their range of variability eventually equals very fucking close to 0 within the timespan of the known universe... So let's say that 1 quanta in an elephant goes to the moon, it's such a tiny amount that it does effectively nothing to the elephant. The elephant is made up of <insert very big fucking number> of quanta, but most of them aren't going to change by any huge amount (we're examining quanta at... a fucking small level), even those that do are never all going to do so at the same time (by mathematical probability), so as far as the reality of large bodies (such as humans) are concerned, it doesn't even matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)