Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Gods word is not wrong.
Isn't there a verse somewhere in the Bible that says your prayers will always be answered, and another that says Jesus will appear before you if you ask him to?

Matthew 18:19 i think

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Isn't there a verse somewhere in the Bible that says your prayers will always be answered, and another that says Jesus will appear before you if you ask him to?

Matthew 18:19 i think

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Yeah I love that verse! Operative is "in my name".

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
No it's not. :rolleyes:

Operative is "there am I with them.", as an Apologetic would take this to mean "I am with them in spirit", rather than literally on Earth before them.

Jesus, learn to read your fucking Bible.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's supposed to be a metaphor for the benefits of unity and working together, but no doubt *TRUE* will interpret it literally (which brings up huge relativity issues). And if she interprets it apologetically, then where do you draw the line? How do you know which parts of the Bible are abstract and which are literal? It always seems to be a 'best fit' distinction, which in the context of the Bible's truth, is far too arbitrary to imply the Bible holds any sort of authoritative capacity.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
So should 2 people who come together in God's name be able to have their prayers answered?

Or am I interpreting this wrong? :s
No , I think you have interpreted it right. Yo come together in GODS NAME is to come together asking for Gods will.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*TRUE* said:
No , I think you have interpreted it right. Yo come together in GODS NAME is to come together asking for Gods will.
What does that mean and what does it accomplish? :)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
What does that mean and what does it accomplish? :)
It means that God's will is best. Prayers enable God's will to be activated.

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
um, well so the thousands of chinese people praying for a miracle were just fucked over with that aftershock, hey.

cool god you've got.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*TRUE* said:
No it doesn't mean that at all! Neither the literal or apologetic interpretations of that passage are in any way related to what you just said, so I'm thinking you need some serious Bible studies lessons.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Well actually ... you're wrong!

Evil is a very real force in this world, a force not of God's making (Mark 1:32-24). And HIV/AIDS is certainly a devastating evil not of God's will. It is not "just desserts" for gay men, hemophiliacs, babies born with HIV, IV drug users, or any other person living with HIV/AIDS. Jesus never punished people with sickness. Jesus healed. HIV/AIDS is a tragedy, and God suffers with all who are victimized by it or who lose loved ones because of it.
But apparently this guy disagrees

Whatever you decide about the question of whether AIDS is God's judgment, couldn't you be that messenger of good news? Some may reject it, but others will not. Many men and women with AIDS have turned to Jesus Christ as their Savior in the last years, months, or hours of their life. As the Scriptures say: "Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh" (Jude 22–23).

boris

Banned
HSC
Fuck me you Christian's are confusing. Make up your damn minds.

First, God certainly can and does use disease as a judgment upon sin. From Miriam’s leprosy (Numbers 12:1-15) to Elymas’ blindness (Acts 13:6-12), Scripture gives many examples of explicit judgment upon specific sins by means of disease. We also see disease as judgment for general unbelief and sinfulness, as in the boils on the people of Egypt (Exodus 9:8-12). And there is no reason to think that God does not use disease today as a judgment against sins. However, we do not have Spirit-inspired Scripture to tell us today which specific disease is judgment against which specific sin.

Consider the following:

The Appeal to Romans 1:27
The first quote at the start of this post alludes to Romans 1:27 which states,

Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion (NIV).

This verse is undoubtedly the most-referenced Scripture passage in support of this idea. However, if one appeals to Romans 1:27 for the claim that he knows with certainty that HIV/AIDS is God’s specific, special judgment upon homosexuality specifically or exclusively, and that this verse is proof, then what was the meaning of that verse before 1980? Paul’s statement was not future tense.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
how do you differentiate with what was God's will and what wasn't?

I mean, I just got preached at by *TRUE* a moment ago how it was MY choice to act on certain things, yet there are events that are of God's will?

If you think about it, a lot of events are caused by someone's "choice". Hello butterfly effect?

Confusion.

boris

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

I mean, I just got preached at by *TRUE* a moment ago how it was MY choice to act on certain things, yet there are events that are of God's will?

If you think about it, a lot of events are caused by someone's "choice". Hello butterfly effect?

Confusion.
Sup Stef, I think I found the answer to that!
But it's a scroll down!

God doesn't exist.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I think that belief in an afterlife renders this life totally meaningless. You don't live for the moments you are alive - you live for the moments after you're alive.

As an atheist this life is the only one I'll every have, so you goddamn bet I'll make the most of it.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

Confusion.
It's God's will to have atheists, we're here to test the true believers.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Kwayera said:
I think that belief in an afterlife renders this life totally meaningless. You don't live for the moments you are alive - you live for the moments after you're alive.

As an atheist this life is the only one I'll every have, so you goddamn bet I'll make the most of it.
OH well not TOTALLY, but it sure would change my life's meaning entirely... I mean shit, if I TRULY believed the word of the bible, even if I thought some parts weren't literal, I wouldn't take my chance and work on the Sabbath that's for sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)