• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Seriously, you, inasero and emtaylor have jumped about 10 levels of crazy since I last spoke to you. Rotten batch of antipsychotics or something.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Seriously, you, inasero and emtaylor have jumped about 10 levels of crazy since I last spoke to you. Rotten batch of antipsychotics or something.
Im sorry.

X

xeuyrawp

Captain Gh3y said:
isn't that more or less what akhenaten did? :D
hahah, I assume you looked up "the history of monotheism" or something. Anyway, I'm impressed. ;)

Akhenaten's policies shouldn't be described as monotheism; they were either monolatrism or plain old henotheism.

Edit: Ironically, Egypt during the Amarna period is the first example of possible monotheism, and yet the reasons weren't even religious. Akhenaten probably just hated the main church's power and took it away from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Does God exist?

Fuck I don't even know how you guys manage to not just rage at them, really.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Slidey said:
Yeah but you just said he's omniscient and omnipotent, so he could do anything, right?

Why give people 'free will' and risk sin, then if he could live with them in heaven in perfect harmony?
if you were God, would you not want people to love you out of their own free will and not just because they didn't know any other way? of course it must have been a really tough decision knowing that mankind was going to sin anyway, but going on the fact that we're here I'm guessing that God thought we were worth the effort.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Does God exist?

If I was God, I wouldn't care if such little beings loved me or not, and if I did - I wouldn't be insecure enough to WANT/NEED their love.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

tommykins said:
If I was God, I wouldn't care if such little beings loved me or not, and if I did - I wouldn't be insecure enough to WANT/NEED their love.
but how would you feel to have someone you love so that you gave up your son for them, not love you back. He tells us not to sin, and we do, thus we deserve hell.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

emytaylor164 said:
but how would you feel to have someone you love so that you gave up your son for them, not love you back. He tells us not to sin, and we do, thus we deserve hell.
So now you're saying God has feelings. You're attributing the human emotion of disappointment to God?

You guys just get better and better.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
I believe god wants us to have anal sex with each other, that's why he made it feel so good.
I might have expected this from Schroe, but from you?
Cmon keep it clean.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

katie tully said:
So now you're saying God has feelings. You're attributing the human emotion of disappointment to God?

You guys just get better and better.
I am not he was saying that he would not care if people didnt love him if he was God.

inasero

Reborn
HSC

tommykins said:
actually the bible says humans were created above the order of angels. we must have been pretty important to God for him to have sent Jesus to die in our place!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

inasero said:
actually the bible says humans were created above the order of angels. we must have been pretty important to God for him to have sent Jesus to die in our place!
yeah we were created in Gods image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)