• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (8 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Garygaz said:
Do you see where I am getting? You can, for infinitely long, keep asking the question, 'which came from what?' There had to be a beginning to the process, matter (in my opinion) cannot just have always been floating around in the nothingness of space. EXPLAIN PHYSICS EXPERTS
You can do that, but it doesn't mean it's a meaningful question to ask.

It's like asking if there's a correct answer to the following paradox: "this statement is a lie."

There are many concepts the human mind cannot grasp. Large numbers is one of them.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Garygaz said:
/signed

No matter what science you believe in, you are a complete fool if you believe something can spawn from ABSOLUTELY nothing. I mean plain, nothingness space, not even a singular atom. I CALL YOUR BULLSHIT AT LEASE SOURCE YOUR THEORY.
lol.

Mate, come back when you understand things like the shift symmetry of time (Noether's theorem).

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Schroedinger said:
loal quantum theory loal
Matter doesn't pop out of thin air.
I'm pretty sure I've explained this before, albeit not adequately and not in-depth.

Considering that the universe is multi-dimensional and intertwined, every part of the universe is interwined, even though it's infinite in size. So let's say theoretically, a particle of energy is in some manner devalued, that particle of energy based on the conservation of energy, will be transfered or replaced into another part of the universe. So lets say theoretically, that you managed to attach a unit of energy to a photon, considering the link does not disintegrate, that piece of matter would gain mass, momentum and in turn energy.

Since there is an equilibrium in the universe, with a finite amount of energy, no new energy can be created, no existing energy can be devalued. Thus, it would disintegrate, and as is observed, would act in a manner to preserve the total amount of energy, and be transfered, via the multi-dimensional nature of the universe.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Garygaz said:
Oh really?

http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/BB-top-30.asp

Blow me

Oh and btw when I say nothing I mean not even photons or a single atom, so you're saying matter can be created from absolute nothing? Don't fag on about L2 Physics because I don't do it, I'm a humanities man.
Exactly. So unless you actually have some kind of knowledge and experience in physics, please don't try to disprove any theories until you do so.

Garygaz

HSC
Ok, ok. Fine, i'll admit my inferiority in the field of science. I'll try and ask a question, and you can try and answer it for me without busting your bravado chest with testosterone. What was the very first thing to ever exist? (Regardless of how small or insignificant it is)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
squeenie said:
Exactly. So unless you actually have some kind of knowledge and experience in physics, please don't try to disprove any theories until you do so.
But he's right.
Theory? Um... conservation of energy good enough for you?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
3unitz said:
yeah i noticed your scientific illiteracy. go educate yourself before you start trying to sound smart, you utter embarrassment
He was right though you fuckwit.

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
squeenie said:
wooo
go christine!!
lol squeenie, telling people off
i am impressed
lol

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Do you seriously seriously SERIOUSLY not know ANY quantum theory at all?
I have a better grasp of the mechanics of the universe than you do. Irrespective of whether or not I've read one work over another. Infact, I would say I'm somewhat ahead, but I can't say that with any degree of certainty.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
sam
you know we share a bond and shit, being born on the same day... your mother being a cat, me liking cats. i mean, the similarities are endless

but you really are batshit insane sometimes.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
wooo
go christine!!
lol squeenie, telling people off
i am impressed
lol
Alright, Liz... that had nothing to do with anything, but hey!

In all honesty, this is turning into another case of doublethink. To me, the Big Bang theory makes sense, and so does the law of conservation of energy... But now it seems like the two contradict each other, so which one am I supposed to accept?

Garygaz

HSC
OK Answer my question, you science elitists. Apparantly the matter that exploded in the big bang came from energy, where did the energy come from. Don't flame me, I've lurked the internetz for answers. Cheers Sam, at least someone doesn't just claim 'BECAUSE SCIENCE SAYS SO, IT IS NEVAR WRONG'

Edit: Was the big bang the first true beginning or a result of previous causes?

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
katie tully said:
sam
you know we share a bond and shit, being born on the same day... your mother being a cat, me liking cats. i mean, the similarities are endless
What hospital were you born in? :eek:
Edit: Oh wait, you're not from Sydney are you?

but you really are batshit insane sometimes.
I know.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
sam04u said:
What hospital were you born in? :eek:
Edit: Oh wait, you're not from Sydney are you?

I know.
nepean hospital bitch, in the riff.

i was originally from the riff you know, for the first 7 years of my life

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
Matter doesn't pop out of thin air.
I'm pretty sure I've explained this before, albeit not adequately and not in-depth.

Considering that the universe is multi-dimensional and intertwined, every part of the universe is interwined, even though it's infinite in size. So let's say theoretically, a particle of energy is in some manner devalued, that particle of energy based on the conservation of energy, will be transfered or replaced into another part of the universe. So lets say theoretically, that you managed to attach a unit of energy to a photon, considering the link does not disintegrate, that piece of matter would gain mass, momentum and in turn energy.

Since there is an equilibrium in the universe, with a finite amount of energy, no new energy can be created, no existing energy can be devalued. Thus, it would disintegrate, and as is observed, would act in a manner to preserve the total amount of energy, and be transfered, via the multi-dimensional nature of the universe.
Unfortunately, sam, you can't prove your intuition about the universe with a few passionate paragraphs about how you think multidimensional mathematics might work.

It usually involves an actual understanding of said mathematics.

Also, it's important to state what assumptions you're making. In this case, you're at the least assuming that the universe is globally invariant w.r.t. things like temporal and spatial translation.

Many scientists assume this, but that's because there's always the implicit knowledge that science is current best attempt to understand - a what if that's mostly correct so far. It's not an immutable model. On the other hand, what you're proposing is that your understanding of the universe is the one, true, immutable way things work. To that end, you go around making claims like "string theory is a LIE!" because it challenges such an immutable model.

I'm sorry, sam, but I can't help but not take you seriously. It's not because you didn't get into uni. It's not because you don't know much physics. It's because what little physics you do know, you try to match to your religious world-view and then ignore the rest of physics; it's because you don't want to know more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)