Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

nikolas

HSC
gibbo153 said:
sigh, you have misinterpreted me if you think i claim to be better than you. i don't suggest your mind is not open. you clearly have considered it to come to such conclusions. also i say that it is not some superior comprehension that allows me to have faith. god is the one that shows himself to us.

i say though, how does the bible have nothing to do with whether god exists?

in reference to the quran suggestion, Christian theism is only one of a number of competing conceptual systems and when faced with a choice among competing touchstone propositions of different world-views, we should choose the one that, when applied to the whole of reality, gives us the most coherent picture of the world.

also the bible's most important evidence of divine origin is fulfilled prophecy.
every one one of the scores of Old and New Testament predictive prophecies has been fulfilled to the letter, except for those relating to the second coming of christ, the final judgment, and eternity.

The fact of the fulfillment of those prior prophecies is conclusive proof that the remaining ones will come to pass. The Bible itself places great emphasis on predictive prophecy as proof of the integrity of the total system of things

You gotta be joking right?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
nikolas said:
You gotta be joking right?
the difference between you and everyone else on this site is that everyone else goes further than a predictable, run-of-the-mill one line piece of crap and actually provides a new thought and contributes to discussion.

get
out
troll

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
he's not trolling, he's actually contributed ALOT to this discussion.

you're just spilling illogical irrational statements, followed by citations of quotes from the Bible to prove that God exists.

Righto.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Arowana21 said:
so pointless extending this, if people want to argue about this, read all the responses
i spose thats true.
but its just different people having the same argument at different times. except nikolas, who just seems to like publically revelling in his lack of genitalea

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
829 Pages! Phwoar! Some of you have been going at this for a while!

I'd like to know what people on both sides of the isle say when I put out the idea that Evolution and Christian Theism don't actually clash (because I'm guessing the majority of us don't know the Qur'an as well as we know the Bible stories).

I'd like to know because it seems to me that these discussions are all so diametrically opposed. The true blunt-headedness and Stubborness of everyone comes out when the question of God is risen... it's both great and scary. But it's so back and forth. It's "NA-UH THIS IS WHY YOU'RE WRONG!!! THIS IS WHY I'M RIGHT" and the occasional "OH AND I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE THIS QUALIFICATION OR I DO THIS FOR A LIVING etc etc"... then the other person does the same back.

There appears to be no ground giving... the scientific and philosophical arguers against try to fill the holes in the arguments with more argumentative rhetoric... and the Theists argue with the passion and fervour of believers, or stop posting because they get shouted down. It's amazing what Scientist will sometimes admit they can't explain... but when It comes to anything to do with Divine Intervention or something unexplainable they'll come up with an excuse... and it's amazing how Theists will nark on scientists who say something that doesn't seem to fit with their doctrines and teachings...

Interesting I think

nikolas

HSC
gibbo153 said:
the difference between you and everyone else on this site is that everyone else goes further than a predictable, run-of-the-mill one line piece of crap and actually provides a new thought and contributes to discussion.

get
out
troll
Uninformed idiot, is uninformed.

I suggest you read the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe then you will see why we think evidence/proofs you have posted so far are rubbish.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
nikolas said:

I suggest you read the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe then you will see why we think evidence/proofs you have posted so far are rubbish.
shiyt comeback is , shiyt.

i direct you to my comment on your worth to this site

Teclis said:

Interesting I think

probably why its gone for so many pages.

i spose its because both sides come to the argument with no intention of considering possibility of being wrong.

not that i'm not guilty of that.

meh

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
Teclis said:

I'd like to know what people on both sides of the isle say when I put out the idea that Evolution and Christian Theism don't actually clash (because I'm guessing the majority of us don't know the Qur'an as well as we know the Bible stories).
I don't believe a single serious atheist in this thread has ever said evolution disproves god ( doing such is logical fallacy).

However, you still lack any evidence for a guided evolution.

There appears to be no ground giving... the scientific and philosophical arguers against try to fill the holes in the arguments with more argumentative rhetoric... and the Theists argue with the passion and fervour of believers, or stop posting because they get shouted down. It's amazing what Scientist will sometimes admit they can't explain... but when It comes to anything to do with Divine Intervention or something unexplainable they'll come up with an excuse... and it's amazing how Theists will nark on scientists who say something that doesn't seem to fit with their doctrines and teachings...

Interesting I think
I think the debate goes more like this (or at least should).

1. Theists claim Existence of God.
2. Theists (having the burden of proof) provide evidence for their claim.

As of yet, they have provided nothing, but, logical fallacies and other easily refutable "proofs."

HSC
N/A
nikolas said:

do you ever realise that you have been brainwashed? now dont give me that 'my personal belief' 'i have mental freedom etc' crap, but truly have you ever even had an inkling that you are willingly consuming a load of bullshit propaganda?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
gibbo153 said:

i direct you to my comment on your worth to this site.
Great job, ignoring the first post that basically rebuttals every point you've made.

i spose its because both sides come to the argument with no intention of considering possibility of being wrong.
meh
Funny that you think you have the authority to say this when you've already 'chosen a side'.

As kwayera stated before, yet you chose to ignore -

Kwayera said:
Yes, Gibbo, what is the proof that gives your position so much more "validity" than ours?

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
gibbo153 said:

i direct you to my comment on your worth to this site
Your contribution to this thread---->Fallacies and false proofs refuted in the 1st page.

gibbo153 said:

meh
I am an Agnostic Atheist (also known as weak atheist) I am open to idea of God, if good and conclusive evidence is provided, i would consider it a good possiblity. Since no such evidence has been provided, i dismiss the idea of a God.

lol...

Edit* i would also like to add that most atheists, like myself were born into religious Families, so obviously i have acknowledged i was wrong.

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
nikolas said:
I don't believe a single serious atheist in this thread has ever said evolution disproves god ( doing such is logical fallacy).

However, you still lack any evidence for a guided evolution.

I think the debate goes more like this (or at least should).

1. Theists claim Existence of God.
2. Theists (having the burden of proof) provide evidence for their claim.

As of yet, they have provided nothing, but, logical fallacies and other easily refutable "proofs."
I lack evidence of guided evolution? You mean me, or Theists? Because I haven't actually said anything yet :D And I don't think it's about providing evidence of guided evolution at all. It's more the fact that the Bible really doesn't have to be taken so literally that Evolution is incompatable. I've heard many atheists try to use Evolution to disprove God's existence, because Evolution is not 7 day creationism and therefore apparently "opposite" to what the bible is trying to say.

Did you meanto say that Theists have the burden of proof? Or something else?

nikolas

HSC
My apologies, I mean there is no evidence provided by anyone, of a guided evolution.

I really doubt any atheists in this thread have said that evolution disproves God, in most cases it's theists who out right deny it because of their literal interpretation of the bible.

Yes, burden of proof lies with the Theists.

nikolas

HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
do you ever realise that you have been brainwashed? now dont give me that 'my personal belief' 'i have mental freedom etc' crap, but truly have you ever even had an inkling that you are willingly consuming a load of bullshit propaganda?h
You mean when i realized scripture was a load of shit?

It is easy for me to claim that theists are brainwashed, leading basically to a "no u" argument. Which is pointless for both sides.

and BTW brainwashed by who exactly? The satanic-atheist-Scientist agenda?

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
nikolas said:
My apologies, I mean there is no evidence provided by anyone, of a guided evolution.

I really doubt any atheists in this thread have said that evolution disproves God, in most cases it's theists who out right deny it because of their literal interpretation of the bible.

Yes, burden of proof lies with the Theists.
it doesn't disprove god

but i think it takes a way a huge part of the appeal of believing in him in the first place

nikolas

HSC
I never said that something disproved God, in fact, i said doing so would be a logical Fallacy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)