• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (9 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
The choice to post in pink is all mine.

Really don't care if you don't like it.

In case you didn't know, the world is lacking in individuality.

BTW, I've seen no points of any substance coming from you. Merely criticisms on my choices.

:spin:

HSC
And you're absolutely certain you've decided? Fair enough...maybe you should cut to the chase.

In any case, I totally respect your opinions, and I'm sure you've made some valid contributions to this thread. I just don't see how criticising me does you any good.

Apparently you think I'm stupid and idiotic. Well, that's your opinion.

But I haven't seen any substantial reasoning, unless it's the apparent crime of choosing pink text.

Funny, that.:uhhuh:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
G...naturally! said:
Merely pointing out that the world is getting too self-conscious and our constant urge to find out every little detail is destroying imagination and mystery.

:vcross:
our constant urge to find out every little detail is saving lives, you idiot

HSC
tommykins said:
I meant as in assume God existed as a fact BUT we are still in our world now.

ie. change every 'Heaven' word in the bible or what not to 'Hell' and vice versa.

Would people still believe in God if God was, in essence, 'evil' ? Or would this evil become thegood?

And since you can't win you end up not believing? Lol, sounds abit 'im not gonna believe it because it doesnt benefit me'. Irrationality.
I didn't say the 'you cannot win=end up not believing' i think your theory results in people not winning no matter what they choose [if they did believe there was a god].

'swap heaven and hell around' thing;
I think people might believe god is 'bad' or whatever, but they would still believe god existed, they probably would try and have nothing to do with him though.

You cannot help what you believe. I'm fairly sure many people would say 'we don't believe in religion and god' buuuut i think it's more a 'trying to be safe' thing, and deep down they believe in religon. If you didn't believe in god, then you wouldn't really care about what god said in any religious text, right?

Also, you're saying basically that, you have to not believe to be in the clear. If people follow this and 'don't believe in religion' then wouldn't that mean they're just listening to god and not 'believing in him'?

lol, it's pretty messed up. If you don't believe in religion you shouldn't be caring about what god says. Eh this post repeats itself.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
It's not really saving them tho jus saying

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
Do people even READ?

Shakespeare, my point is, is that some things should just be left mysterious and INTERESTING. If we know all the answers, we would BE God.

To save lives would be fantastic, and of course, we want to find CURES.

But that's not my point. Rather than constantly trying to discover who our maker is, why can't we wait and preserve some mystery?

HSC
georgefren said:
hahahahaha. a post promoting abstinence?!
Well, more specifically, God...but we've been discussing how there is now a greater focus on finding cures. Shakespeare posted that website indicating the latest advances in AIDS curing and prevention.

It's quite interesting.

HSC
georgefren said:
How about condoms?
Never a more valid question asked.

Lol, but you know, in some countries, condoms just aren't even thought of. It's sad really, when you consider how much of the Republic of Congo is suffering from AIDS.
:(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
G...naturally! said:
DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE UR GOING 2 GET A CONCLUSIVE ANSWER HERE? OR AT LEAST, SOME WELL-SUPPORTED THEORIES?

The truth of it is- NOBODY KNOWS.

Has the world gone hay-wire? Can't we leave any mystery? Do we have to discover everything about our existence and the purpose of it???

Let's give our creator (whoever or whatever that is..I personally believe in God), some credit in their ability to create a race such as the human race, and leave it at that.

If you want the answers, well, there's a way to get them, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

:angel:
Only retards use pink.
Ergo, by my highly advanced deductive skills, I conclude that you're a retard.

HSC
moll. said:
Only retards use pink.
Ergo, by my highly advanced deductive skills, I conclude that you're a retard.
Yawn.

You're a little late, mate.

And so be it, I'm a retard.

Proud of it, if it means I can write in pink.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
G...naturally! said:
Actually, I thought this was a forum for honest people. And that's what I'm being. Sure, go and discover all you want, but if you're disappointed, don't have a cry.

And excuse me, how dare you call me a class A moron.

Unless you know my academic history, I don't think you have the authority to comment on my intelligence. I'm not dissing anyone's opinions.
Academic history counts for shit all in the real world. Let's see how you and your egalitarian Christian views survive when you're struggling to make a living for yourself.

Merely pointing out that the world is getting too self-conscious and our constant urge to find out every little detail is destroying imagination and mystery.
yEah D00dZzz!! iGNorAnc3 i5 Bli55 BruZ!!!!1
For fucks sake, please do not tell me that you enjoy not knowing things about the world. Ignorance is not bliss, and knowledge is the only real, tangible form of power that exists. And without some form of power, your life is pointless.

HSC
moll. said:
Academic history counts for shit all in the real world. Let's see how you and your egalitarian Christian views survive when you're struggling to make a living for yourself.

yEah D00dZzz!! iGNorAnc3 i5 Bli55 BruZ!!!!1
For fucks sake, please do not tell me that you enjoy not knowing things about the world. Ignorance is not bliss, and knowledge is the only real, tangible form of power that exists. And without some form of power, your life is pointless.

Mind your language, and no! I absolutely love finding things out about the world! In case you didn't notice (well, you obviously didn't), I believe some things should be left to mystery, otherwise, we could be comparable to God in our knowledge. Does anyone actually want to be God? I doubt it.

And no, I'm not ignorant, merely observant of the whims of humanity.

Power. Ha. We all have a little of it, and look what we're doing to the world we love.

:rolleyes:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What? But we were made in God's image to have dominion over the planet. He wants us to learn about his creation for the good of mankind

HSC
Iron said:
What? But we were made in God's image to have dominion over the planet. He wants us to learn about his creation for the good of mankind
Well, sure.

But then think about those who were given power and abused it? Who caused genocide and destroyed the lives of billions of people! Are we to forget Hitler and the like?

All I'm saying is, we should learn from our mistakes. Our need to know, and our need for power could ruin us.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We can use our God-given powers of intelligence for good or evil. The choice is ours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)