Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Gay Captain

HSC
For the sake of a fair hearing here's some examples

Note that they are in English for our reading purposes, not Arabic, so the original poetry of the verses is lost, and therefore some of the subtlety of the meaning:

"Do not the unbelievers see that the skies (space) and the earth (matter) were joined together (as one unit of creation) and we ripped them apart?" The Quran, 21:30

"Then He took hold of the sky when it was smoke." 41:11

"The sun and the moon follow courses precisely computed" 55:5

"And the sky He raised and set the balance" 55:7 (balance between what? once again refer to previous paragraph).

The orbits of the heavenly bodies are mentioned in the verse:

"and the sun and the moon, all travelling in orbits." 21:33

there's more on the creation of the universe and solar system along the same lines as that

and also

"He creates you in your mothers bellies in stages,

creation after creation, in three veils of darkness."

39:6

"Then We placed him as a 'notfah' (tiny drop) in a

'qarar makeen' (well protected place of rest)."

23:13

"Then We made the drop into a 'alaqah' (leech-like structure)."

23:14

"Then We made out of the chewed lump, bones,

and clothed the bones in flesh."

So this is talking about the development of the human embryo

And there's more detail than I'm willing to copypaste at

http://www.quran-islam.org/112.html

oswald

HSC
N/A
how do i post my own thread, i think it would be more useful to have some more defining questions.

I'm wondering about this faith buisness, is it all faith, or do christians really talk to god as they claim so carelessly?

oswald

HSC
N/A
I like this standpoint, i can piss the religious and the scientific off.

Well gravitational theory tends to be about something that sticks us to the ground oh so strangely.

Evolution is about something we haven't witnessed. We are merely trying to find answers for our existence. Why do we have to stop questioning when we come up with one pheasable hypothesis?

and to you ali, i'd say its all psycho somatic, god answers in strange ways doesn't he?
but that means you could answer your own prayer in any way.

Last edited:

oswald

HSC
N/A
wow i didnt think we had much to back us up on that one, is natural selection different to evolution though or are they sorta two in the one?

so the white one died out cause its environment darkened, leaving the darker moth to flourish, wouldn't the white one have turned darker? can't we make stranger coloured humans by breading ourselves out? like black dude with white woman gets caremal kid? did the moths bread together having had a loss in white moths?

still at what point does a human come from an ape and change species?

HalcyonSky

HSC
oswald said:
still at what point does a human come from an ape and change species?
havn't you watched 2001: a space odyssey? this concept is really easymode to understand

oswald

HSC
N/A
well i didnt really read any of that, i saw that ape man picture that was pretty cool.

but yeah, so thas how it all happened.

so we're all alone eh? just us, oh wait do you guys beleive in aliens? well anything out there?

do you think they would have religions of their own?

do you think the clash of them would rule out our own as well as theirs?

oswald

HSC
N/A
Infact, don't you agree it would have been nice if god with all his knowledge cleared up a few things in that bible of his? I mean c'mon, way to beat around the bush eh?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hmm. I'll take that question seriously.

I do believe in aliens. Not anywhere near here, obviously, but I do believe that SOMEWHERE in this BIG ARSE universe, there are other races. Whether they'd have religion?

Depends on how their brains and societies develop, I suppose. No one can really guess, although it's been the subject of man sci-fi novels :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
oswald said:
Infact, don't you agree it would have been nice if god with all his knowledge cleared up a few things in that bible of his? I mean c'mon, way to beat around the bush eh?
Well that's because "God" didn't write the Bible (divine inspiration my arse). Humans did, and that long ago they didn't really know any better.

oswald

HSC
N/A
yeah i really dont know much about evolution i sorta jumped the gun and went straight to all that hypothetical shit that tends to rule it out like time and all that shit.

keep it to yourself, but i think we're on the truman show.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Actually a lot of perfectly sane and rational scientists believe that it's perfectly plasuible that we're all in a giant virtual simulation. We'd never be able to tell the difference.

oswald

HSC
N/A
THANKYOU!

so even if everything was as we know it, we could die and put 2 bucks back in the machine!

doo ya think you'd go again if it was?

Last edited:

jessyy

HSC
i suggest all watch this..

part one is about religion, basically it goes through how religion is based upon the sun and its movements etc.. and is a made up myth due to the sun.

then theres part two which is about 9/11, its quite good. and i havnt watched part three yet. but part one made me laugh at how ignorant religious people can be.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
In that most Abrahamic religions stole shit from Egyptian sun-worship? No shit. Most of it is a pastiche of a whole heap of religions.

oswald

HSC
N/A
The future scares me.

Observers can look at the world and formualte ideas about it, make nice videos opening peoples eyes to all the shit that goes on, but nothing ever changes.

humans are still mental, sick in the head.

the clock keeps ticking and we're all still here on this thing we call a planet in the middle of what we call nowhere.

so why am i doing this assignment, why do i care if i end up on the street, why do i do anything.

"oh boo hoo you loser"

"fuck you"

then we fight about it and fuel the whole thing we're trying to understand.

maybe im somewhere else. is anyone with me atall?

oswald

HSC
N/A
jessyy said:
i suggest all watch this..

part one is about religion, basically it goes through how religion is based upon the sun and its movements etc.. and is a made up myth due to the sun.

then theres part two which is about 9/11, its quite good. and i havnt watched part three yet. but part one made me laugh at how ignorant religious people can be.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/
And yeah its a good movie, though just as everyone else does, they use the same manipulative techniques to make you beleive one thing over another.

There is a whole subculture devoted to making you think that all the big movie labels try and control you or something, yet the video they use uses those exact techniques. I hate bias.

I would only agree that the only way you can free yourself is by seeking the truth for yourself, which i've already said in this thread.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
3unitz said:
e^ip + 1 = 0
how is this possible without an incredable god?
It's a bit less awesome when you realise e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0 but so does e^(i*3pi)+1 or e^(-i*101pi)+1. You start to realise it's 'elegant' only because it's a product of choices in the number system which were made based on a human conception of elegance.

E.g. try writing it in another base, or with an alternate definition of pi (e.g. one which is twice/half the value we normally attach - diameter vs radius), or with the negative root of i, or with the actual definition of 'e' instead of a place-holder letter, or with the addition of 2kpi to the angle to account for all values, etc.

"Oh look, a bunch of important symbols in maths have been used in the same equation. That's never happened before."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)