Does God exist? (18 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
actually i competely disagree there is more evidence of the bible been Unaltered then been altered over time
Does this "evidence" happen to come from the Bible?

Last edited:
HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
Does this "evidence" happen to come from the Bible?
no.
They have found Thousands of copies of the bible all are almost identicial, i mean Ancient copies, other then spelling mistakes, they are the same. a few hundred have little bits added, these bits are always in the footnotes e.t.c.

http://ottercomics.taur.net/monastery/sermons/bibleright.htm

is a good site to look at

TacoTerrorist

HSC
a) Implying that something 'supernatural' is at work is not to imply that a God exists.
So that means you're open to the idea of considering something's existence that is outside of what we know, i.e a diety.

c) It is a naturalistic explanation for the origin of our universe as we see it... flowing from our understanding of natural laws and empirical observations.
Yes but it is incomplete, and the only way to complete an understanding of the creation of the universe is to accept something that is irrational based on our current knowledge.

No it isn't, it perfectly follows the 'rules of the universe'... If you think otherwise explain to me which 'rule' of the universe it is in violation of?
The rule of common sense? The (not sure of the proper name) scientific principle and common sense principle that something cannot come from nothing.

Atheist: omg ur dum u beleev in a god ur retarted i dun beleev dat but i r belev that the universe has alwayz ben around even tho that is moar retarted then the beleef in god lololoo.

So which one is it?

1- God created the universe in its entirety (possible but irrational)
2- A god sparked the creation of the universe ( :))
3- The universe as always there (retarded)
4- The universe created itself/was created from nothing (mind-blowingly retarded)

Mojohi

HSC
just a few questions...

Why is there no ascension in the gospel of matthew?

Why does the gospel of mark have two endings. One that mentions the ascension and one that doesnt?

Why is the only line that refers to the ascension in Luke not found in the early bibles?

And why does the gospel of John not even mention the ascension?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
actually i competely disagree there is more evidence of the bible been Unaltered then been altered over time
That's funny since there are many versions of the bible that aren't the same.

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
So that means you're open to the idea of considering something's existence that is outside of what we know, i.e a diety.

Yes but it is incomplete, and the only way to complete an understanding of the creation of the universe is to accept something that is irrational based on our current knowledge.

The rule of common sense? The (not sure of the proper name) scientific principle and common sense principle that something cannot come from nothing.

Atheist: omg ur dum u beleev in a god ur retarted i dun beleev dat but i r belev that the universe has alwayz ben around even tho that is moar retarted then the beleef in god lololoo.

So which one is it?

4- The universe created itself/was created from nothing (mind-blowingly retarded)
Your mentioning lots of scientific rules, the thing is God created the universe he doesnt need to abide by the rules of the world or of science HE MADE SCIENCE he does not need to abide by its rules.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
So which one is it?

1. fail.
2. possible.
3. fail.
4. you're mindblowingly deluded if you think that's retarded.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
why won't you share your views with us?

TacoTerrorist

HSC
4. you're mindblowingly deluded if you think that's retarded.
You think that SOMETHING can come from NOTHING? You are a fucking moron. If I have a jar, filled with nothing, not even oxygen, just nothing. And I leave it for fucking eternity the inside of the jar is not going to grow intelligence, lifeforms, anything. Nothing will happen inside the jar.

why won't you share your views with us?
I have, a bunch of pages back.

Last edited:
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Share your beliefs then, sunshine. Most of the fundie tards here think atheists are into devil worship and paedophilia.
umm no we dont. That just shows that you have no idea about us

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
umm no we dont. That just shows that you have no idea about us
You don't count as a person. Please leave this thread immediately.

HSC
Mojohi said:
just a few questions...

Why is there no ascension in the gospel of matthew?

Why does the gospel of mark have two endings. One that mentions the ascension and one that doesnt?

Why is the only line that refers to the ascension in Luke not found in the early bibles?

And why does the gospel of John not even mention the ascension?
1 the ascention is also in acts.

I am still looking in to all of this.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
You think that SOMETHING can come from NOTHING? You are a fucking moron. If I have a jar, filled with nothing, not even oxygen, just nothing. And I leave it for fucking eternity the inside of the jar is not going to grow intelligence, lifeforms, anything. Nothing will happen inside the jar.
that's not necessarily true, if you leave it there for eternity something could come into existence spontaneously

maybe an entire universe

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
No... I reject everything supernatural. I was merely pointing out that even if you could establish that there is a need for something supernatural, it need not be a god. If you want to define anything supernatural as a God then OK sure call it a God.

Things coming from other things etc are concepts which only make 'common sense' within the world of causation/time. At time=0 to speak of such things is completely irrational.

So which one is it?

2- A god sparked the creation of the universe ( )
There are other options but I'm leaning more towards 3, our universe has always been there in some sense (if not our universe then some universe which spawned ours down the line).

IMO you should stop calling people 'retards' it just makes you look rather foolish... No one is impressed by your ability to lather your weak arguments with childish insults.

The entire concept of "coming" even from "nothing" is rooted in time. At time=0 things do not 'come' into existence, they are.

Last edited:

Mojohi

HSC
Riet said:
That's funny since there are many versions of the bible that aren't the same.
Completely agree. And what about mistranslations

Like the Virgin Mary. Bethulah in hebrew means= Virgin, as in havent had sex yet

Almah was the word mistranslated to bethulah, meaning= young women.

Pretty minor mistranslation but you will agree that although they both mean virgin technically, their differences are major.

HSC
Everyone is saying something can not come from nothing right?

We are talking about God here, he can do anything, he doesnt need something to create something.

HSC
Mojohi said:
Completely agree. And what about mistranslations

Like the Virgin Mary. Bethulah in hebrew means= Virgin, as in havent had sex yet

Almah was the word mistranslated to bethulah, meaning= young women.

Pretty minor mistranslation but you will agree that although they both mean virgin technically, their differences are major.
read the website I posted in the previous page

going to lunch

Mojohi

HSC
want2bdifferent said:
read the website I posted in the previous page

going to lunch
It doesnt mention mistranslations. Stephen Hawking somes up God pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)