• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
E

Empyrean444

As I recall, there was a thing called the Roman empire that brutally attempted to suppress the truth for some time. This only illustrated the power of our love and compassion
And as I recall, once it came to power it started stamping out all other religious "heresies" by force, demonstrating a love of violence and a lack of compassion or tolerance. It even stamped out different sects of itself, the foremost example being Arianism, which was quelled in Italy/Nth Africa during Narses'/Belisarius' campaigns, if I remember correctly.

Tatecress14

HSC
And as I recall, once it came to power it started stamping out all other religious "heresies" by force, demonstrating a love of violence and a lack of compassion or tolerance. It even stamped out different sects of itself, the foremost example being Arianism, which was quelled in Italy/Nth Africa during Narses'/Belisarius' campaigns, if I remember correctly.

mmm...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
How does an attempt to promote universality equate to a "love of violence", you goon? There are NO different sects of the one true Church

Tatecress14

HSC
How does an attempt to promote universality equate to a "love of violence", you goon? There are NO different sects of the one true Church

Why is there a true church?

why not simply all true? is it because if more people follow simply makes it correct or the best one?, what happens when people leave to another faith then that becomes the correct one?

Luke.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because we are the one authorised by Christ.

Tatecress14

HSC
Yes, and no.

Just because Christianity has Jesus Christ, doesnt make other faiths or religions un-real or not correct.

People choose religions because they believe in somthing correct about a certain faith. I knowningly was brought up to be a christian, but it was never my own choice.

Individuals have different opinions.

Luke.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You make some pretty interesting and, I think, valid points Luke.
I'll chew them over for a while mate. It's heavy stuff!

ps Have you thought about entering the priesthood? I think you'd make a good one tbh!

Cisco-Kid

HSC
There is more proof of God not existing than there is of God existing

end thread/

gifted:)

HSC
As i might be cold hearted towards the subject, showing that my opinion makes you angry, and or frustrated by calling me a moron. how is it that i became a moron by not believing?, i certainly do believe jesus came...
i do believe he was born but only as a porphet, like so many people with their beliefs back then.

Acusing me of false teaching?... this is a thread not a teaching seminar, i explain my beliefs and my opinon only. You can think of it like you want.
I respect that your a catholic, but do i criticize you for believing in somthing i dont?

Luke.
im orthodox, not catholic

E

Empyrean444

And what defines which one is the "one true Church"? How is Catholicism any more worthy than all others? I'm not sure Jesus actually sanctioned "it". If anything, Orthodoxy has more of a claim to singular truthfulness than Catholicism. It is not; like every other religion Christianity is merely a loose conglomerate of petty sects. Soon after its genesis, it was thus; and thus it is today.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
so, gifted:), i'm waiting for your response?

not so 'snap'py now are we?

Lukybear

HSC
Yes, and no.

Just because Christianity has Jesus Christ, doesnt make other faiths or religions un-real or not correct.

People choose religions because they believe in somthing correct about a certain faith. I knowningly was brought up to be a christian, but it was never my own choice.

Individuals have different opinions.

Luke.
Iron, how can you falter under such views? If Christ is real, then other Gods does not exists, rendering other faiths unreal and incorrect. It is said in the bible, there is no God but me? no?

And what defines which one is the "one true Church"? How is Catholicism any more worthy than all others? I'm not sure Jesus actually sanctioned "it". If anything, Orthodoxy has more of a claim to singular truthfulness than Catholicism. It is not; like every other religion Christianity is merely a loose conglomerate of petty sects. Soon after its genesis, it was thus; and thus it is today.
Catholicism isnt any more worthy than all others? Christ my saviour is "the only" Church and faith in him leading to salvation is basis of Christinaity. It matters not if catholics, orthordox and anglican all have different views, as long as the basics of it all is trust in Christ.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron, how can you falter under such views? If Christ is real, then other Gods does not exists, rendering other faiths unreal and incorrect. It is said in the bible, there is no God but me? no?
shhh
:uhhuh:

Tatecress14

HSC

If the Bible is correct and there is no other God but Jesus, how come other religions exist?
Religion is based around feelings, individuals have their own feelings and the more good feelings you have for somthing the more you tend to like.

Spirituality brings people together. (Belief in somthing gives hope).

Religions divide. (Giving yourself a title under a certain religion you are seperated from another).

Luke.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
firstly, you know nothing about christianity and how herecies come about, so come to me 20 years later when you ve fucked yourself. secondly, that its people like you who think their smart arses, so go home and fuck yourself and thrdly, christianity is true, why else would AD come in historical dates, after death (christs death) and BC (befor christ) thats a tiny part of proving christs existence hence christianity being a true faith. oo SNAP
lol oh my god

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Bullshit. We always had a tense relationship with the rulers of Europe - with power. We only offered redemption and sanctuary through the body and blood of Christ. We guarded knowledge and saw to the welfare of the least fortunate, with duty and compassion
Bullshit, you guys had your hand in the back pocket of most of the major European rulers, ffs. So much so, they wouldn't sneeze before asking the Church's permission first.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Bullshit, you guys had your hand in the back pocket of most of the major European rulers, ffs. So much so, they wouldn't sneeze before asking the Church's permission first.
Bullshit. We converted a dying empire then had to deal with the hate of barbaric invader-kings. As we struggled to maintain a truely Catholic faith, binding all peoples to the truth, they were claiming more and more powers against the Church, within their petty territories. Consider King Henry! The proud English tyrannt who formed the basis of the break from Rome because...?

Selfish world, sinful power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)