• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (6 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
I have come to the understanding that our great poster Iron just recycles his same old argument every few pages. There is nothing against you believing in whatever prophecy or god you want to, but please have the humility to claim that your faith is blind.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Bullshit. We converted a dying empire then had to deal with the hate of barbaric invader-kings. As we struggled to maintain a truely Catholic faith, binding all peoples to the truth, they were claiming more and more powers against the Church, within their petty territories. Consider King Henry! The proud English tyrannt who formed the basis of the break from Rome because...?

Selfish world, sinful power
Ys.

Burning books and banning science and burning women at the stake was the mark of a truly remarkable organisation.

It's not the Church's fault they set us back 500 years, THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO SAVE US FROM THE FIRE.

And tbh, King Henry's break from the Church didn't really have any dramatic consequences of demise, did it?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
m
MORAL demise!?":

The Church did far from hold us back - it's the only reason we were thrust forward!

Tatecress14

HSC
Hi,
First off - My original post on page '911' had people confused because they didn’t understand they returned with violence, being called obnoxious and creative names all for one I centred, and they did not believe what I believe. I was simply explaining my point of view and my opinions only.
Second – most of what I had talked about in my first post came up over the next few pages.
Thirdly – I had copied and fixed into one post whereby you could understand.
I know my post was unclear at first, and I centred.
‘Call me a fool once, if I do again, ill call myself a fool.’

Luke.

It’s Ridiculous!
In today’s society, yes it might be.
Everybody has their different point of view, some more influenced by others, but!
It’s still different; No one tells us what to think. We all think no matter what age, little toddlers might not acknowledge what they are thinking but it shows in their feelings. Ever wonder why a toddler stamps and screams for a toy or a desired event? It’s not because they want it, it’s because they want you to feel the need for why they want it, which leads to the reason of why we need to explain ourselves.

Some chapter in JOB shows that why God doesn’t explain himself, God doesn’t care for all the different views and opinions that the common human being does or doesn’t say or do. They say God is greater for this. My opinion is no God is not greater than human beings for one simple reason, The Bible, we created it, now your thinking the bible is just a book, The bible is much more than a book, The Bible explains hope, fear, knowledge, wisdom and imagination.

Every few years the bible changes, like the New Testament. But for the one fact that everything revolves around the bible, religion, heaven, hell, all types of different religions that we decide if this is the best view of how you as a individual would like it, we gives ourselves titles. Don’t blame them for changing the bible, all the laws revolve around the bible, do not commit adultery and do not steal, Etc, all these are in place to have the feeling that something is greater than us.

I believe that we as human beings are our own God.

“Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.”

The Bible is our way of life, as we evolve the bible evolves, and it’s not likely to change.

Katie Tully said:
Question: how are we our own god?
Our own god, does at first sound stupid. Think of it this way;
Jesus came, then Jesus was crucified, but left his marks, miracles, feelings and way of thinking behind for us to take down and cherish, the way we remember Jesus is through the Bible.

We created the Bible in memory of Jesus.
Thus creating the bible as a god, in order to feel satisfaction of something greater than us, to strike us down when we do harm, to cherish us when we do great, and above all to enforce our way of ethical feelings. E.g. justice and forgiveness to and for a person.

They realised the Bible was a powerful source, so the laws and rights evolved around the meaning of the Bible, something greater than us.
I do believe that we created the Bible for this one reason.

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Jesus fed you for a day, The Bible will teach you for a lifetime.”

moll. said:
So basically the Bible is our God now? Make up your mind.
"If we created the Bible, then we are our own Gods."

moll. said:
We didn't create the Bible, God did!
The Scriptures are inspired by God... as demonstrated on How Was the Bible Written and Created? | About Catholics

could you honestly tell me that the bible hasn't changed in the last 2 thousand years to co-inside with today’s social and democratic beliefs?
We do change, and we did create.

Kwayera said:
The Bible has changed slightly from what we assume to be the original text, due to contemporary additions and conspicuous removals. However, the core text is the same. What's your point?
We created the bible.

Iron said:
There are NO different sects of the one true Church
Why is there a true church?

Why not simply all true? Is it because if more people follow simply makes it correct or the best one? What happens when people leave to another faith then that becomes the correct one?

Iron said:
Because we are the one authorized by Christ.
Yes and no.

Just because Christianity has Jesus Christ, doesn’t make and other faiths or religions un-real or not correct.

People choose religions because they believe in something correct about a certain faith. I knowingly was brought up to be a Christian, but it was never my own choice.

Individuals have different opinions.

Lukybear said:
If Christ is real, then other Gods do not exists, rendering other faiths unreal and incorrect. It is said in the bible, there is no God but me? No?
If the Bible is correct and there is no other God but Jesus, how come other religions exist?
Religion is based around feelings, individuals have their own feelings and the more good feelings you have for something the more you tend to like.

Spirituality brings people together.

Religions divide. (Giving yourself a title under a certain religion you are separated from another).

Exphate said:
One god, different messiah.
Spirituality is God, bringing hope to people.

Religion is Messiah, different deliverers separate you.

Schroedinger said:
The Bible has changed over 9,000 times.

------------------------------------------------------------
(If its unclear or you cant read please tell, ill fix.)

Last edited:

gifted:)

HSC
First off - My original post on page '911' had people confused because they didn’t understand they returned with violence, being called obnoxious and creative names all for one I centred, and they did not believe what I believe. I was simply explaining my point of view and my opinions only.
one thing that really confuses me luke, is that if we had created the bible in memory of jesus, what is the point of the Old testament, which ocupies 65 chapte of the bible?????im waiting on what you think ....

Tatecress14

HSC
Last edited:

gifted:)

HSC
The Bible was from "Scriptures that are inspired by God" so from back to when jesus was born people wrote about him from certain events, on what he stood for and felt for.
(How Was the Bible Written and Created? | About Catholics)

Luke.
Ok, i respect your opinion, but what about Genesis, Exodus, Samuel all of them till we hear prophesies about jesus. wat was their purpose, there was no mention of Jesus in any of thse books. please explain...

E

Empyrean444

Bullshit. We converted a dying empire then had to deal with the hate of barbaric invader-kings. As we struggled to maintain a truely Catholic faith, binding all peoples to the truth, they were claiming more and more powers against the Church, within their petty territories. Consider King Henry! The proud English tyrannt who formed the basis of the break from Rome because...?

Selfish world, sinful power
Wrong, you converted an Empire that was still thriving agriculturally, economically and militarily, and then had to deal with barbarian kings in the fallen half who were mostly already Christian (and, if not, soon changed). Then the Church became a materialistic organisation with its own bids for power throughout most of European history, and was indeed among the most petty of the quarrelling lords, nation-states etc. Even Dante - and one could not find a more devout Catholic - not only acknowledged, but indeed stressed the avaricious, power hungry and simoniacal nature of the Church.

E

Empyrean444

m
MORAL demise!?":

The Church did far from hold us back - it's the only reason we were thrust forward!
The Church merely held mankind's scientific progress and potential back with mysterious and ridiculous myths about how things ought to be (ie pay us a tithe, fight our crusades, pay us money so that "we" may secure your place in Heaven and don't claim that the universe is not geocentric).

I will own that the Church did make one important contribution to European cultural, literary, historical and even military development: it played a key role in preserving Latin culture and works (which, ironically, were mostly by Pagan authors) so that the new European power holders - and their successors - might experience it.

alyssae

HSC
Just wondering (because i couldn't be bothered to read 501 pages...), has anyone actually said yet that essentially it's a matter of faith?
I've have heard that many arguments fro the existance of God, the reality of Chirst and that many fromt he secularists. I think...honestly, a thread like this is just going to become what it has and not convince anyone.
That said, I do believe if you look at a lot fo the facts, there's enough proof of God's existance for me, but I fully recognize where the other side is coming from. Christians, we can't just expect people to accept arguments based on our beliefs, same goes for the other side. As my physics teacher ahs said many a time "everyone has a world view through which they see the world that affects the way they see and interperet facts."
I don't think what i menat came through as clearly as i'd hoped...

Tatecress14

HSC
Ok, i respect your opinion, but what about Genesis, Exodus, Samuel all of them till we hear prophesies about jesus. wat was their purpose, there was no mention of Jesus in any of thse books. please explain...
There is alot of hiden detail in Genesis, Exodus, Samuel

Mostly of what i understand:
Genesis is explaining what a god means. (The Book of Genesis)
Exodus is like genesis but explaining what a god has to do become one. (The Book of Exodus)
Samuel is explaining what god means to him and all that he stands for. (Book of Samuel)

I hope that helps you.

Luke.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh i'm not saying that the Church's history is without blemish or regret. But I do take offense at you biting the hand that fed you

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just wondering (because i couldn't be bothered to read 501 pages...), has anyone actually said yet that essentially it's a matter of faith?
I've have heard that many arguments fro the existance of God, the reality of Chirst and that many fromt he secularists. I think...honestly, a thread like this is just going to become what it has and not convince anyone.
That said, I do believe if you look at a lot fo the facts, there's enough proof of God's existance for me, but I fully recognize where the other side is coming from. Christians, we can't just expect people to accept arguments based on our beliefs, same goes for the other side. As my physics teacher ahs said many a time "everyone has a world view through which they see the world that affects the way they see and interperet facts."
I don't think what i menat came through as clearly as i'd hoped...
Hahahahaha you think that of the nearly 14,000 posts in this thread, no-one else has said "it's a matter of faith, let people have their own opinions."
If you're going to bother writing something, please make it worthwhile or profound.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The inquisition gave us the current court system, rules of evidence, trial by juries, jurisprudence, etc.

Doesn't make it any less of a horrible occurence.

Hell, mengele's testing on Jews gave medical knowledge a massive advance. Doesn't mitigate the horror.
I thought the Roman and Greek justice systems gave us all of them.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The inquisition gave us the current court system, rules of evidence, trial by juries, jurisprudence, etc.

Doesn't make it any less of a horrible occurence.

Hell, mengele's testing on Jews gave medical knowledge a massive advance. Doesn't mitigate the horror.
Not until the later years though.

It managed to go a few hundred years with the 'innocent people will sink to the bottom of a lake'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)