Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

trickx

HSC
You guy's should hire out/watch a movie called "Religulous" by Bill Maher. He questions most of the major religions today. As well as being a comedy, its actually quite informative and makes you question your current religious beliefs.

IMDB: Religulous (2008)

Official: RELIGULOUS
Bill Maher is a shitcunt. If you're going to watch a movie on religion watch the most recent one.

"Collision" with Christopher Hitchens and Wilson Douglas. One of the best documentaries ive ever seen.

Lukybear

HSC
In some cases, although not as apparent in 1st word countries, religion completely takes over peoples beliefs, morals and ethics.

You can use a plethora of different extremist religions to back this.

Just take Islam for example. Some people are willing to take their own lives in the name of someone they haven't seen nor heard. They can live with the fact that there isn't any proof of their god existing.

Religion changes the way people think and feel, it can create cultures and destroy civilizations.

If Christianity has been proven wrong (which is has), then I'm willing to say that there is no god.
... completely unwarranted and biased arguements.

1st off Christianity has not been proven wrong. Idiotic arguement, does not make sense. Quote me, stats me w/e.

And secondly, wth is your point? That religion is bad? What are you using to prove this? Nothing but the typical, extremist examples, the cliched "terror bombings".

Have you not heard of religious based charities that valiantly feed the poor, not just in their home countries and in Africa, Asia etc... Obviously you were completely misinformed about organisations such as Anglicare, about Youthworks, Red Cresent etc... and various other wonderful organisations.

Please, i mean no offence saying this, get informed properly. Do your own research. Do not leech the arguements of equally mis-informed atheiests who understand not the notion of religion.

ademayd

HSC
In some cases, although not as apparent in 1st word countries, religion completely takes over peoples beliefs, morals and ethics.

You can use a plethora of different extremist religions to back this.

Just take Islam for example. Some people are willing to take their own lives in the name of someone they haven't seen nor heard. They can live with the fact that there isn't any proof of their god existing.

Religion changes the way people think and feel, it can create cultures and destroy civilizations.

If Christianity has been proven wrong (which is has), then I'm willing to say that there is no god.
wow i honestly think this guy is a believer in disguise in order to make non-believers sound shit

that is the worst argument ever

PEOPLE PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE WRITING YOUR CRAP UP HERE

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
warning!!! rant/vent ahead proceed with caution.

my number one reason in not believing in a god would be that a "god","entity" or any "omni-anything".In my opinion is to subjective and untangible(if that is a word).
The word you are looking for is 'intangible'. It can certainly be argued that god (of the 'omni' variety) exceeds our conceptual limitations and therefore can only be encountered as a feeling, or else through some kind of intangible, perhaps transcendental, experience.

If we can't speak adequately about god then what becomes of the kind of discourse which goes on in this thread? Can we then only speak the 'limits' of god? For example, we might engage in purely negative theology and try to enunciate what god is not (that is, if god is at all).

An interesting question which opens up when you take this path (of positioning god outside of the conceptual) is whether other corners of common discourse end up dealing with the unspeakable, the unknowable, the paradoxical, or similar. In particular, does this extend to any parts of scientific or to common sense discourse? A brilliant exploration of ideas in this general direction can be found in Graham Priest's Beyond the Limits of Thought.

ademayd

HSC
Well no one can deny the big bang theory stating that the whole universe started from a single point,

however the questions of 'who put that point there', 'who placed these physics formulas that allowed such development,' 'who triggered the explosion', 'how did a single point become so many species and creatures and formations with so much variety' and such other arise

2 alternatives: God or very lucky Coincidences...

Some deny the existence of a God saying can't you see there is evidence of evolution- well accepting a God doesn't mean rejecting evolution. But the extent of evolution such that from a single point we came to such a state? without a divine intervention? plausible?

Some deny because they can't see or hear God- well if there is a God he is obviously outside of time and thus outside of our dimension, so such an accusition is like the drawings in a 2D picture denying their artist because they can't see the 3D hand

And others deny god cause they see him to be evil- well before stating he's good or bad they should actually decide wheter they believe in his existence. Because they may find that he is infact more just according to different religions.

For examples the death of babies were questioned; most religions promise of a direct heaven. Or floods and natural disasters; a reason for death with the innocent going paradise and bla bla...

And the pascals wager doesnt cover the bet between those who believe in the existence of god and those who don't. Belief doesn't take any sacrifice from lifestyle, but most religions promise of an heaven eventually as long as he/she doesn't deny the existence of a god.

Last edited:

Unsatisfied

HSC
Well no one can deny the big bang theory stating that the whole universe started from a single point,

however the questions of 'who put that point there', 'who placed these physics formulas that allowed such development,' 'who triggered the explosion', 'how did a single point become so many species and creatures and formations with so much variety' and such other arise

2 alternatives: God or very lucky Coincidences...

Some deny the existence of a God saying can't you see there is evidence of evolution- well accepting a God doesn't mean rejecting evolution. But the extent of evolution such that from a single point we came to such a state? without a divine intervention? plausible?

Some deny because they can't see or hear God- well if there is a God he is obviously outside of time and thus outside of our dimension, so such an accusition is like the drawings in a 2D picture denying their artist because they can't see the 3D hand

And others deny god cause they see him to be evil- well before stating he's good or bad they should actually decide wheter they believe in his existence. Because they may find that he is infact more just according to different religions.

For examples the death of babies were questioned; most religions promise of a direct heaven. Or floods and natural disasters; a reason for death with the innocent going paradise and bla bla...

And the pascals wager doesnt cover the bet between those who believe in the existence of god and those who don't. Belief doesn't take any sacrifice from lifestyle, but most religions promise of an heaven eventually as long as he/she doesn't deny the existence of a god.

man how the SHIT did this internet thing come up on my screen thing where even is the light coming from like holy fuck that is amazing instead of looking for some kind of logical explanation backed by evidence i think ill just conclude that GOD PUT THESE INTERNETS IN MY MONITORS

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
of course you're going to have to accept that some people have beliefs with no solid reason (i.e. blind faith). if you dont accept it, what could u do about it? teach them? lecture them? i'd like to see u try and change someone's view when they were brought up from birth to believe in something. my belief in no existence of god comes with reasons, so no, i am not admiting to blind ignorance.
these reasons being?

ademayd

HSC
man how the SHIT did this internet thing come up on my screen thing where even is the light coming from like holy fuck that is amazing instead of looking for some kind of logical explanation backed by evidence i think ill just conclude that GOD PUT THESE INTERNETS IN MY MONITORS
hmmm... yer your a nut...

big difference between that and infinite number of mutations happening on an ape such that it learns to talk, and be civilized and this mutation happening so much that it is passed on to future generations, such that an whole species now knows how to talk

ademayd

HSC
and your saying evidence....

so evolution has evidence? wheres the missing link?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'm agnostic but i'll play the devils advocate and gie you one liner responses

1. god always existed, hes god. duh. u can't create god cause hes all powerful and mighty and has always existed

2. god doesnt create homosexuals because homosexuality is a CHOICE because we have FREE WILLLLLL

3. ITS A METAPHOR MANNNN, ITS NOT A LITERAL STORYYYYY. STOP TAKING IT OUT OF CONTEXTTTTT

4. UR NOT WORTHY BEACUSE UR HEART DOESNT SEEK HIM. etc. etc. HES ALL LOVING AND HENCE DOESNT PUNISH YOU FOR NOT BELIE-.....oh wait.

Linxthesontaran

HSC
the concept of chioce can lead to evil therefore by "god" creating choice he also created evil. therefore either there is more than one god or god is not omnibenevolent or there is no god

people are afraid of the 'unkown' and 'change', because death is a change into an unkown environment, since humans have been able to communicate, they have invented a way to explain the unknown of death and make themselves feel more comfortable with the enevitable end of their life by inventing a superior being which will take care of them after they die. As humanity evolved these beleifs were used for other things like control like the catholic church does.

in my opinion people should stop continuing these achaic beleifs of religion.

atheisism: dont beleive in god, beleive in yourself

atheisism: there is no god so go on and enjoy live for yourself

jesus: all about (after) life aka death

ademayd

HSC
1. you cannot say something has always existed. theres cause and and theres effect. your parents fucked and you poped out. simple.

2. you are completely stupid and narrowminded. homosexuality is NOT a free will, as is heterosexuality. if a girl starts stripping in front of you, is it your choice to be sexually aroused or does it happen naturally? if a gay man cannot be sexually aroused by that sight, no matter how hard he tries, is that because of his free will? free will is it, that caused homosexuals to be oppressed for god knows how long?

3. i dont understand what u mean? the bible states clearly that god created one man, adam, and used one of his ribs to create a woman. how am i taking that out of context? where does it say in the bible about anything being a metaphor? is god a metaphor then? an idea used to teach small children right from wrong? good from bad? if so, then i'll accept that idea of god.

4. my heart does not seek him for the reasons stated. if there is any reason to believe in him, then i will of course, seek him. otherwise, god, to me, is no more than a make-believe. also, if he doesnt punish, why, would there be hell?
1. ok so whats your reason and explanation for that tiny particle that expanded to be the universe. the cause of that appearing?

2.3.4. arent necessary if u reject the existence of god

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ad - just because an explanation is lacking, does not point it to a God.
just because X isn't true doesn't make Y true, ESPECIALLY if it's not a boolean position being tested.

jmakowiak

HSC
SeCKSiiMiNh said:
2. you are completely stupid and narrowminded. homosexuality is NOT a free will, as is heterosexuality. if a girl starts stripping in front of you, is it your choice to be sexually aroused or does it happen naturally? if a gay man cannot be sexually aroused by that sight, no matter how hard he tries, is that because of his free will? free will is it, that caused homosexuals to be oppressed for god knows how long?
Agree completely. Homosexuals are born Homosexuals; there's no way for free will to change that. Another contributing factor as to why there is no god - homosexuals exist, contradicting the so-called 'good book' in their existence. In short, why would god have created a type of human being that defies his rulings?

SeCKSiiMiNh said:
3. i dont understand what u mean? the bible states clearly that god created one man, adam, and used one of his ribs to create a woman. how am i taking that out of context? where does it say in the bible about anything being a metaphor? is god a metaphor then? an idea used to teach small children right from wrong? good from bad? if so, then i'll accept that idea of god.
Totally. It's like those dumbass historians - my opinionated fuckstick of an Ancient History teacher being one of them - who say "the bible isn't really being literal when it says god created the world in six days, then rested. The 'days' probably mean hundreds of thousands of years." Fine then, dumbass christian historians. Continue to take things figuratively - and while you're at it, maybe work up a theory about how Jesus is actually a metaphor for the good that exists in the world.

Fuckhead defenders of christianity.

Last edited:

ademayd

HSC
Im not very religous but just trying to think dat the whole universe came from a single atom and mutations happened in such a way that a few elements evolved into two genders that can reproduce with each other....

aetheism? flawed much?

Last edited:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Im not very religous but just trying to think dat the whole universe came from a single atom and mutations happened in such a way that a few elements evolved into two genders that can reproduce with each other....

aetheism? flawed much?
I suggest you leave the thinking to others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)