so that rules out creationism

and i guess by proxy also god

mystery solved niggas

praise be to science

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
If I do both good and bad things does that make me both dead and alive?

Schrodinger's cat must be a moral dilemma rather than a quantum one

HSC
I am a Christian.

However, considering things logically, you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God.

Neither is definitive.
you can't really prove or disprove the existence of gravity

but you can make a theory based on observations

and then test the theory with avaliable data.

Consequently, we have a fairly good idea of how the universe began

and it does not include god.

anywhere

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
You cannot prove the existence or otherwise of God.

If you can prove He exists, then the question of believing in God does not arise. You have been shown He exists, so you know He exists. So no belief is required. It in only when you cannot prove He exists or not that belief is involved.

Magical Kebab

HSC
You cannot prove the existence or otherwise of God.

If you can prove He exists, then the question of believing in God does not arise. You have been shown He exists, so you know He exists. So no belief is required. It in only when you cannot prove He exists or not that belief is involved.
The computer I type in exists, and I also believe it exists.

matsing

HSC
That's pretty idiotic. Disbelieving in god because you hate religion is really not an argument at all.
I am not just an atheist, but an anti-theist, however I must agree with this guy, your argument is moronic and dumbfounded. You make all of us look like idiots.

matsing

HSC
I am a Christian.

However, considering things logically, you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God.

Neither is definitive.
True, but two things to be said about your statement. Firstly we cant disprove the orbiting teapot around Andromina galaxy does that mean we should consider it a possibility. Secondly, for you personally, if you agree that it is logical that you can neither prove or disprove god then isn't is ILLOGICAL for you to be a christian.

Jimmy2064

HSC
Never have, never will. It's just too inconceivable, and I'm not relying blindly on 'faith'. Tbh I think Jesus was a real man who did great things, however it is hard not to believe that over the last 2000 years the story has not been taken out of context. Who knows? No one does. But until proven otherwise, science is the only legitimate option (for me) with actual evidence in support, not meaning to offend any 'believers'.

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
Religion only works to conform people into a social sub-group in which they can feel belonging, and are socially stable(unless another religion comes along).

yasminee96

HSC
personally believe there is a God, allahu akbar, and i respect what ever else others believe, but anyone who's studied any sort of science - whether it be astronomy or microbiology - must've at least questioned the divine harmony of all these processes. I won't say it's illogical to believe or not believe in a God, but it is illogical to turn a blind eye to every other idea out there besides the one you've been told of your whole life, because that's just arrogance at it's finest. As a child i went to a christian school, although my family is muslim, but when i moved to my current school, i was able to compare the religions, and even the idea of evolution, and came to my best personal conclusion. The world currently lacks people who have a desire to disagree with media and actually ask around first-hand the truth about everything.
And to those who say "we have not seen God so how can he exist", i beg of you to show me first hand the process of evolution and the big-bang, and then i'll reconsider everything i've ever said to anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)