• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
im positive there is a greater power out there. i believe in god but i always feel thankful to something. there has to be someone to be thankful to.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
mr EaZy said:
wow! 150 pages of jam packed action. and only this thread from me?
Reason:

i believe in god. but i have no way of proving it on this thread. How does one prove whats inside of oneself (when others are in cyberspace)?

btw: tashkent is in Uzbekistan
Yeh i know, it's like saying, sydney, Australia, i just forgot the comma

physician

HSC
Keen said:
Firstly I'm familiar with the Q'uran and I have more faith in this book as it is unchanged and there aren't that many 'versions' of it. It also seems more accepting of other faiths, I can tell you with a fair certainty that at least some Christian faiths aren't that kind to non-believers.
Keen
see the original christianity the way it was sent from God in the bible, did offer kindness and fairness toward non-believers, however many people from all religions tend to think "This person dooes not follow the religion that i follow, and is therefor a non-believer and should therefor be killed, or should not be treated equally" . That is a completely ignorant approach....

~Dreamer

HSC
physician said:
see the original christianity the way it was sent from God in the bible, did offer kindness and fairness toward non-believers, however many people from all religions tend to think "This person dooes not follow the religion that i follow, and is therefor a non-believer and should therefor be killed, or should not be treated equally" . That is a completely ignorant approach....
try telling that to some of your fellow muslims physician, before you take a jab at chrisitanity.

the truth is i have muslim friends,ive grown up with them and i repsect their beliefs and they respect mine and we do not want to kill each other. but there are other muslims who think they are better than i am, and when i tried to be friendly to her she just treated me like a dog. those are the kind of people that really upset me and tick me off.

physician

HSC
mr EaZy said:
well, the prophet Muhammad once said: "he who doesnt show gratefulness to others, is not grateful to god". Something like that :)

im sure all religons take up a similar line
when prisoners of war were captured during the time of the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) his soldiers tied up the arms of the prisoners, i mean whats wrong with that, u wouldn't want them to escape, however in reply to that, the prophet orederd them to untie them because it was considered inhumane By Islam. And every prisoners response was that they were treated fairly, they also ate the same food the Muslim army were eating, they were not degraded or descrimnated against. And at the time, the prisoners could speak and read arabic, and so in order to be set free, what they had to do was to teach 10 muslims to read, read the Quran that is. That was what they had to do in order to be set free.

In fact, many prisoners of war, ended up converting to Islam, not by force or by the sword, Islam doesnt want hypocrites who adopted the religion by fear, but rather because of the just treatment they were offered.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
many of them converted after they were released ( to oppose the notion that they converted to get out of captivity :) )

but by gratefulness i meant- to give thanks- involving verbal gratification and perhaps a kind smile like this : :)

physician

HSC
~Dreamer said:
try telling that to some of your fellow muslims physician, before you take a jab at chrisitanity.

the truth is i have muslim friends,ive grown up with them and i repsect their beliefs and they respect mine and we do not want to kill each other. but there are other muslims who think they are better than i am, and when i tried to be friendly to her she just treated me like a dog. those are the kind of people that really upset me and tick me off.
No one is better than anyone else, everyone was created equally, and if that person did treat u like a dog, i give u my sincere apologies on behald of that person who will one day grow up to regret their action. I could say that that person is evil and is stupid or watever, and in some contents it may be correct, however we must not judge someone before God has judged them first. The muslims who think they are better than u, need to be educated. So that we can have more considerate people like you. I wasn't trying to take a jab at christains, this is a common mistake in all humans. We tend to think we're superior to others for one reason or another, however personally, a poor child who lives on a loaf of bread a year, could be better than a wealthy man who spends their wealth on charity... There are many people who infact do treat others with superiority in their hearts, however they are blind I know people like that, however the most we can do, is try to make them realise their mistakes.

Last edited:

physician

HSC
mr EaZy said:
many of them converted after they were released ( to oppose the notion that they converted to get out of captivity :) )

but by gratefulness i meant- to give thanks- involving verbal gratification and perhaps a kind smile like this : :)
they converted after being relesed, and returned by their own free will

And a smile back to u too :)

mugrug

thaoroxy2001 said:
Here's what I mean:
the bible states that God created the universe...he said 'let there be light' and everything appeared out of vast emptiness. Unfortunately one of the fundamental laws of physics states that matter cannot be created out of nothing. Yet isn't it strange that the Big Bang theory is just that... 'something from nothing' (a big explosion, out of nowhere, acting as a catalyst for creating matter and its antimatter.)

It is not "something from nothing." Time and space are one. There was no "before" the big bang. Therefore is no "nothing" for it to come from.

Geeze, is this concept really THAT hard to comprehend?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont know why people find that if science and god conflict that one of them has to be wrong or leaves no room for the other. our thinking in the scheme of things may be so much more basic than we think. the answer could be so simple but we cant comprehend it. our thinking does not leave room for science and God. could it be possible that there is more to the universe than what we call science. at least thats my opinion.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
thaoroxy2001 said:
What I find most strange is the fact that the Big Bang theory accepted by scientists actually supports the theory of creationism (possibly why the Pope supports it too)...it's also funny enough that the guy who suggested the big bang theory in 1927 (the original guy not the scientist that presented it) was a full blown Christian, a member of the catholic church, his name was George Lemaitre...a catholic monk...I know that Xayma (being a physics freak) will probably disagree and say that Edwin Hubble suggested the theory....well that is a common mistake...Hubble only presented the theory to the public...he presented it in 1929...2 years after Lemaitre suggested it (this information is actually a verified fact)

Here's what I mean:
the bible states that God created the universe...he said 'let there be light' and everything appeared out of vast emptiness. Unfortunately one of the fundamental laws of physics states that matter cannot be created out of nothing. Yet isn't it strange that the Big Bang theory is just that... 'something from nothing' (a big explosion, out of nowhere, acting as a catalyst for creating matter and its antimatter.)

But people fail to forget one important thing....God, Buddha, Yahweh, the singularity, the force, the father, mother nature are all the same thing....science and religion support the same truth----> pure energy (whether it is God or an explosion) is the power of creation
skiguy_hsv said:
God does exist. Some people - lots of people either disagree, kind of disagree or kind of agree but choose to ignore it. All it takes is a look around you - the trees, the sky, each other. How could every person on the planet all be different and amazing in a different way, all be unique yet still able to feel the same emotions, be able to experience pain and happiness, and be able to love? Even a single celled organism is so incredibly complex that for it to exist 'just because' is near impossible to accept. Or, take Earth for an example. If our planet was just a tiny bit closer to the sun it would be too hot and we'd all die. A tiny bit further away - too cold, we'd all die.
This isn't even referring to the Bible at all WHICH IS ACCEPTED AS AN ACCURATE HISTORICAL DOCUMENT.
You can deny it all you like but the truth is that God is real and one day we will all have to meet him face to face and he will tell us where we will spend eternity and eternity is a very, very long time. I think I'd want to be absolutely sure that I'm not spending it anywhere else but heaven.
You really should read some of this thread. All of those "points" have been refuted.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
~Dreamer said:
you cannot just create a god from giving a description when this god is the one that created those qualities.
wat??? we dont know how god looks....so how can we describe him....if we dare to give him a description then we are saying god is relative...we are limiting him...god is absolute and and cant be described.....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
lol ur funny, when did i do any of what you said.

- god cannot be described and anyone who tries is a fool (this is clearly stated in my religion)

- i was saying that race, religion does not come into account if you pray to and believe in one god.

- how the hell did i create my own god, and how did i give him human qualities, thats the whole point of my arguement, u cant create god, there is only 1

- if your trying to contradict me, ur doing the shittest job of it

- please read what i have written carefully before u attack any arguements, it makes the process so much easier when you think before u type

- merry Xmas!!!!!!!! (santa is the devil, how else would u explain the red??)

:)
dipshit.....i was adding to ur comment.....i wasnt goin against u.....i was agreein :)

edit: now apologise.....

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
joujou_84 said:
wat??? we dont know how god looks....so how can we describe him....if we dare to give him a description then we are saying god is relative...we are limiting him...god is absolute and and cant be described.....
i understand what you are saying but doesnt the bible give him descriptions such as loving omnipotent and stuff like that? (well atleast the christian bible does)

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
lukebennett said:
i understand what you are saying but doesnt the bible give him descriptions such as loving omnipotent and stuff like that?
i meant physical features.....like when u pray to a statue...this statue looks like something...u can describe its appearence however u cannot describe gods appearence....

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i meant physical features.....like when u pray to a statue...this statue looks like something...u can describe its appearence however u cannot describe gods appearence....
oh yeah i get ya. that aint right cos thats like creating your own god type thing

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
oh yeah i get ya. that aint right cos thats like creating your own god type thing
god doesnt' exist. the concept of God is just some "thing" to explain the unexplainable. The Beatles are bigger than Jesus! :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
§eraphim said:
god doesnt' exist. the concept of God is just some "thing" to explain the unexplainable. The Beatles are bigger than Jesus! :D
you can believe what you want. if oyu were me or lived my life or my families life you may feel different. dont go telling me he doesnt exist. can you prove it for sure? i wont go telling you he does cause theres no way i can prove he exists cause i just know. im also not the type to bother finding explainations for the unexplainable cause i accept theres no point worrying about these things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)