Does God Exist? (7 Viewers)

Pace Setter

MoonlightSonata said:
Something as opposed to nothing would be a start. Human beings have an amazing faculity called reason. We have refined our thinking into forms of logic upon which we can make the best, most well justified decisions. Additionally we need material facts upon which this logic can work, notwithstanding certain epistemological questions that will get us nowhere.
And most religions have some form of proof, albeit not widely accepted as "proper" proof. With the bible and other religious texts; on what basis is there to dismiss some of the observations taken that supports the case of god? On what basis do you call something a "material fact?"

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Kierkegaard, I don't think physician was implying that now is the end time. He is just stating the obvious, from Islam's perspective, about signs to look out for when judgment day is near. You may believe that it was caused by the shifting of tectonic plates, but we believe that God has caused it. We all have our different views.
yes , correct Kulazzi...

however, we do believe that it was caused by the shifting of tectonic plates, of course it was, however who caused the tectonic plates to shift from their position?....

That is where we beileve it was God...

By the way, thanks for the images kulazzi, greatly appreciated, it's quite amazing,

as soha said "subhan Allah"...

Last edited:

physician

HSC
the prophet mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him)... told us about many signs that indicate judgement day is coming.......

one being... the increase in earthquakes,
2) female singers becoming popular
3) wars and murder becoming more common
4) cheating in weight and scales... as many people do these days (in buisness)
5) the increasing dealing with interest

and there are some major ones, which r yet to occur

1) the destruction of the kabba in macca (saudi arabia)
2) the return of jesus (peace be upon him)

there are many, many, however most of the major ones have not yet occured, although almost all of the minor ones have allready occured

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hahaha I find it hard to believe that the rising star of women within the entertainment industry is a sign of the apocalypse.

physician

HSC
Generator said:
Hahaha I find it hard to believe that the rising star of women within the entertainment industry is a sign of the apocalypse.[/QUOT

well good for u

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Generator said:
Hahaha I find it hard to believe that the rising star of women within the entertainment industry is a sign of the apocalypse.
hahahaha :D:D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Physician: In regards to the arabic station, I received and email from my cousin about this. The waves crashing onto the shore and formed the arabic word Allah. Here is the link form the SMH:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/01/10/1105206024347.html

And here is a shortcut to the photo if anyone wants to see it. If you don't know how Allah is written in Arabic, then just ignore the picture :rolleyes:

bahahahaha :D thats fuckin hillarious! :D

physician

HSC
BreaKing said:

bahahahaha :D thats fuckin hillarious! :D
umm.. he did say 'if u dont know how Allah is written in arabic, then just ignore it"

the image that keeps changing is written with all the grammatical parts of the arabic language, but at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him), they never used to use all the lines and curves on top of the letters (as the may appear to u)
because ppl used to understand the language without all the (lines)

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Generator said:
If the world was going to end because of female stars in entertainment, I thought the world would have already capitulated into the fiery depths of hell when Dannii Minogue made the Aria Top 50.

Kulazzi

HSC
physician said:
umm.. he did say 'if u dont know how Allah is written in arabic, then just ignore it"
<------ Please note, I am a female. :).

And yes BreaKing, that is the word Allah in Arabic. And I also mentioned that if you don't know what it looks like in Arabic then don't bother. I don't find anything amusing about it.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Please note, I am a female. :).

And yes BreaKing, that is the word Allah in Arabic. And I also mentioned that if you don't know what it looks like in Arabic then don't bother. I don't find anything amusing about it.
lol.... the wave looks nothing fucking like it.... :rolleyes:

Kulazzi

HSC
BreaKing said:
lol.... the wave looks nothing fucking like it.... :rolleyes:
oh yes it does, you obviously cannot read. If you really needed to have it spelled out to you, there's an alif, laam and he. And here, I've traced it over for you, can you now finally figure out that it indeed does look like Allah in arabic?

budj

HSC
You all say that faith in a god exists is proof enough (for the individual concerned)...THen faith that a god exists is also...proof enough...

You cannot prove or disprove the existance of a god. But as I have been saying, you can prove that a god does not need to exist.

And to reply to Mr Eazy, um i follow buddhists more philosohphical status than practice the actual religion. Even though im a braught upbuddhist, i want to really examine the truth about it inorder to follow it.

However, like Soha said with Islam, I think personally from my viewpoint that Buddhism gives me the right knowledge to understand many thruths about this world, and gives a great social value system on how to look upon life.

It is, I beleive, one of the main religions, that has not killed inorder for religious conquest or supremecy. I have not as thus heard about any mass killings in the name of this religion.

And without attacking anyone (i truely donot want to offend, but this question has been truely bugging me), can someone please tel me why, especially in the name of islam, terrorists have killed people...There reasoning is that they have been visited by god and are carrying out gods true intention. So if they say that this is a result of divine intervention, and people on this thread speak about god instructing them to do perform certain things, (divine intervention), then arent both equally justified (i dont mean that killing should ever be justified for any means, just speaking in context of this thread) in the name of god? And how can someone say that "god could not of possibly instructed those hideous things", when they can't read that subjects mind, and vice versa...And therefore in essence isn't every action partaken b such religious disciples (whether fundemantalists or not), justifed according to God's "holy" word?

Kulazzi

HSC
budj said:
And without attacking anyone (i truely donot want to offend, but this question has been truely bugging me), can someone please tel me why, especially in the name of islam, terrorists have killed people...There reasoning is that they have been visited by god and are carrying out gods true intention. So if they say that this is a result of divine intervention, and people on this thread speak about god instructing them to do perform certain things, (divine intervention), then arent both equally justified (i dont mean that killing should ever be justified for any means, just speaking in context of this thread) in the name of god? And how can someone say that "god could not of possibly instructed those hideous things", when they can't read that subjects mind, and vice versa...And therefore in essence isn't every action partaken b such religious disciples (whether fundemantalists or not), justifed according to God's "holy" word?
These terrorists are fundementalists. Their reason for killing all these people is not because god told them (as they claim). I don't know what their reason is. But I, and many other Muslims do not follow them. This is what gave the steretypical view of Muslims to everyone worldwide when we are not like that. The Qu'ran has been revealed, all efforts has been done in order to spread the word of Islam. Therefore Allah (SWT) cannot order anyone: "Oh, go and do a suicidal bomb in the USA because I hate them". The only time we are allowed to use violence is when we need to protect ourselves or once the enemy has attacked us first. And when we do use violence, we are not allowed to attack women, andy children or elderly people. Which is exactly what the terrorists did. God knows what will happen to them, but they are not doing it in the name of God, I assure you that.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Kulazzi said:
The only time we are allowed to use violence is when we need to protect ourselves or once the enemy has attacked us first
hmm..... i feel that could be exploited quite easily.....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
It is, I beleive, one of the main religions, that has not killed inorder for religious conquest or supremecy. I have not as thus heard about any mass killings in the name of this religion.

if i come from skool X........skool X has 1000 students......me and 200 girls from skool X declare a war on skool Y and say it is in the name of skool X.....we are fighting for skool X........is this correct?.....no coz there are 800 girls at skool X that do not agree with me and dont want this war......

same thing.......there are fundamentalists that say the war is in the name of islam, well the majority dont agree with them......and god will punish these ppl more than anyone as they have used gods name to kill innocent ppl.......however yes this is a time for islamic jihad....the muslim nations should be doing something to stop the attacks against muslims.....america is slowly moving its way through various muslim coutries killing innocent ppl and destroying lives and countries......there is a war against islam in the world but no one seems to see it coz everything is happening behind the scenes......so muslims have the right to defend themselves however killing the innocent is forbidden in islam......

Kulazzi

HSC
BreaKing said:
hmm..... i feel that could be exploited quite easily.....
how? What do you mean?

Oh, and did you finally realise that the waves did spell out Allah in arabic? I almost forgot to say this :rolleyes:

Kierkegaard

HSC
Physical events have physical causes. The tectonic plates are shifting due to natural forces. Believe what you will, but don't you ever suggest that your beliefs are logical. Your faith does not justify your dogma, it only makes it a personal belief. Physical events have physical causes and you cannot demonstrate otherwise.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Kulazzi said:
<------ Please note, I am a female. :).

I hope everyone remembers that famous Devil In Smoke theory during th World Trade Towers attack, where the face of devil apparently appeared in the smoke.

I wish people would just understand that there is such thing as people reading what they want into things. For as much as I want, I could interpret that outline of the allah writing in those waves as a sign that I should go buy a house on the street which the surround road map resembles the outline of those waves. Can we all say the word 'coincidence' in between coughing and spluttering religious messages.

physician

HSC
Raiks said:
I hope everyone remembers that famous Devil In Smoke theory during th World Trade Towers attack, where the face of devil apparently appeared in the smoke..
with regards to the face of the devil..

umm.. do we even know what the devil looks like?.. the images caught were based on wordly beliefs of what the devil looks like .. such as images found in cartoons... Im sure many people that pointed out those pictures have never actually seen the devil face to face, and neither do they know the exact characteristics of the devil....

with regards to Allah, we know what the word looks like, and living in an area were the surround road map has the shape of the wave is different, because they were man made and would have purpously been placed in the certain area with certain design and construction for all we know it.. the road builders could have been arab....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)