• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (3 Viewers)

*Barbie*

HSC
somechick said:
Hello Keen,

Would you please expand/explain?
Are you saying that aliens would prove that the bible is man made, and how so?
like does it say in christianity that there are nothing else except for us?
Im just curious cos I dont know a whole deal about Christianity....like not a lot but in general because Christianity is united in some general concepts with Islam.

thanks mate
Heya :D
i'm not really well versed with Islam, but the word of God doesn't address life on other planets... so it's not confirmed or denied...but we do know that according to the Bible, Christ will return for the final judgement...after which everything in the present world, stars and planets will be destroyed

* the whole act of salvation happened on earth.
The implication of Scripture is that there are no other intelligent beings besides man, animals, and the angels... it wouldn't seem fair if due to man's sin on earth, all other life forms would suffer for our mistakes through the whole destruction of the earth and planets etc (2 Peter) ... i personally believe that God would've mentioned the subject if it was true.
"But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 2 Peter3:7 & 10.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Rev. 21:1

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pace Setter said:
Would it be fair to say that you subscribe to radical empiricism?
I am more attuned to moderate empiricism (though I have also been significantly influenced by logical positivism).

Keen

MD
HSC
somechick said:
Hello Keen,

Would you please expand/explain?
Are you saying that aliens would prove that the bible is man made, and how so?
like does it say in christianity that there are nothing else except for us?
Im just curious cos I dont know a whole deal about Christianity....like not a lot but in general because Christianity is united in some general concepts with Islam.

thanks mate
No I don't think there's anything that says life does or does not exist outside our planet, BUT it does appear and the church presumes, that we are very special in the universe. I mean even the pharase you hear so often "God gave his only child for you and your sins etc" gives a meaning that we as human kind should be very greatful that he sent his only son, he doesn't have 1,000 of them but he gave him up for us etc. If he kept doing this all over it and had heaps of sons to do this it wouldn't really be a big deal.
The Bible makes no mention of other worlds, our world is given great importance as like the only place where life was created and the home of Adam and Eve etc.
I mean if you believe Moses, Noah, Jesus, etc lived on Earth then it seems very strange that if we are the only lifeform here this book would ONLY apply to us. How much meaning would it be to (very crazy example) to little green men on Mars reading about Moses, and the bible also loses more credibility if God kept on making different editions for different races and a whole new set of stories (as the ones specific to Earth wouldn't be really as meaningful as they are for us).

That's just my further explanation of my answer, I might post up more if I think up some more or if there's any questions.

Keen

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah also what Barbie said seems fair enough, but I don't really know enough about what emphasis Islam bases on similar issues to comment.

Keen

leathaface

God was created by man, and it is slowly being destroyed by man

He exists to guide me and give me faith.

somechick

HSC
N/A
Keen said:
Yeah also what Barbie said seems fair enough, but I don't really know enough about what emphasis Islam bases on similar issues to comment.

Keen

Well, in Islam it is believed that Jesus was not the son of God but a prophet who spread the word of God. It would seem much more logical according to your theory? Because as you say, there can't be more than one Jesus in each race of planets (if there are any), because in christianity, like you and barbie said, Christ died for the sins mankind. He cant then do the same for the other races (if there were any).
But if Jesus was a prophet born of a miraculous birth, then it is possible that what the scientists are discovering go hand to hand with religion, something that is normally seen in binary oppositions. I can give you another example if you like.

Kulazzi

HSC
somechick said:
Christ died for the sins mankind
Not exactly. In Islam, the person who was against Jesus (PBUH) [cannot remember his name] he somehow had the disguise of Jesus. i.e. He had the face of Jesus, so those who wanted to kill the real Jesus (PBUH) had in fact killed one of their own people because they thought that he was Jesus. The real Jesus (PBUH) however, managed to run away although I'm not sure how he specifically passed away.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Not exactly. In Islam, the person who was against Jesus (PBUH) [cannot remember his name] he somehow had the disguise of Jesus. i.e. He had the face of Jesus, so those who wanted to kill the real Jesus (PBUH) had in fact killed one of their own people because they thought that he was Jesus. The real Jesus (PBUH) however, managed to run away although I'm not sure how he specifically passed away.
huh......disguise and real jesus raw away only to then die....which islam is that?? its really not too great to say something if ur not sure abt it coz someone may actually say that is part of islam.......muslims do not believe that jesus died...they believe he is in heaven and was saved by god from death and will return to earth one day...it is said however that god changed the appearence of one really evil man and made him look like jesus and so the ppl killed him instead....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Keen said:

Keen
it does say in the koran that god is the lord of the "worlds" meaning there is more than one world out there....

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
huh......disguise and real jesus raw away only to then die....which islam is that?? its really not too great to say something if ur not sure abt it coz someone may actually say that is part of islam.......muslims do not believe that jesus died...they believe he is in heaven and was saved by god from death and will return to earth one day...it is said however that god changed the appearence of one really evil man and made him look like jesus and so the ppl killed him instead....
that's what I just said. Sorry if you misinterpreted it, that's what I meant. But I did not mean he ran away and died, what I meant was he did run away but I wasn't sure how he died in the end. He did not die on the cross. Period. And yes, it is believed he will come down on the Day of Judgment.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
that's what I just said. Sorry if you misinterpreted it, that's what I meant. But I did not mean he ran away and died, what I meant was he did run away but I wasn't sure how he died in the end. He did not die on the cross. Period. And yes, it is believed he will come down on the Day of Judgment.
well the story goes god raised him to heaven and he never died....

sorry if i understood ur post wrong...:)

Keen

MD
HSC
joujou_84 said:
it does say in the koran that god is the lord of the "worlds" meaning there is more than one world out there....
Yes and we know there are more "worlds" out there. Mars is another world, so is the moon.
This says nothing about other life out there. Can you guys learn how to understand your own religious text?!?

Keen

Pace Setter

MoonlightSonata said:
I am more attuned to moderate empiricism (though I have also been significantly influenced by logical positivism).
Granted the truth of that idea (m.empiric), I've got no proof. But then again, I have yet to explicitly state whether I believe in god or not. My whole point was that you should have made clear the temporary assumption of moderate empiricism being "correct," as the starting point for this whole argument/thread.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Keen said:
Yes and we know there are more "worlds" out there. Mars is another world, so is the moon.
This says nothing about other life out there. Can you guys learn how to understand your own religious text?!?

Keen

if u really want to go into it, then yes islam believes there are other life forms living in different worlds to the ones humans live in....and some evn share our world yet we can not see them...

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
joujou_84 said:
it wasnt one evil man that god changed the appearance of
it was on of the 12 apostles that he was sitting with
he asked for one to take his palce
and the youngest said he would..so he did

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Kulazzi said:
prophet jesus pbuh will return 40 years prior to the day of judgement
he will break the cross
slaughetr the pigs
get married and lead the muslims...whats left of them
he returns after the dajehl(anti christ)..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)