• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (5 Viewers)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well..muslims believe jesus was a prophet and messenger of god
and he didnt die on the cross
so when he returns he will break the cross..because its symbol is false
to sho people that he never died on it and their beliefs are false(this is form a muslim perspective..)
also..he will also destroy stautues..like idol statues..
in churches for example..statues of himself..

muslims also do not eat pig
and christians arent supposed to either..like jews..
but many do..
so when he returns he will kill the pigs..because they are filthy animals that have been prohibited in religon but people ignore it
it may not make sense to you because u need to understand it from the very beginning

*Barbie*

HSC
soha said:
muslims also do not eat pig
and christians arent supposed to either..like jews..

but many do..
heya, sorri why arent christians supposed 2 eat pig???

and just for curiosities sake, where did the qur'an come from? and i dont mean that in any disrespectful way, lol i mean to ask how long has the qur'an been around??? i know that it is the writings of Muhammad who is believed to have written relevaltions from God??? but yeah i was just wondering how long ago that happened etc.... thankx

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
As the verses reveal, they plotted and moved to kill Jesus. However, their plot failed and they ended up killing a look-alike. During this event, God raised Jesus up to His presence:

And [on account of] their saying: "We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Messenger of God." They did not kill him and they did not crucify him, but it was made to seem so to them. Those who argue about him are in doubt about it. They have no real knowledge of it, just conjecture. But they certainly did not kill him. God raised him to Himself. God is Almighty, All-Wise. (Surat An-Nisa', 4:157-158)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
the koran was revealed 1424 years ago
its a book of Gods words revealed to prophet mohammed
he was the the last prophet and the last messenger who was to spread the word of islam

ok..christians arent supposed to eat swine
my very christian friend doenst eat swine..or pig meat
i dont know exactly why christians cant?
probably the same reasons the muslims and jews cant eat it
its prohibited in the 3 main religons..yet people ignore that

all i know is that my christian friend says its also against traditional christian teachings..and you cant make a religon modern..or change it to suit ur lifestyle

physician

HSC
*Barbie* said:
heya, sorri why arent christians supposed 2 eat pig???

and just for curiosities sake, where did the qur'an come from? and i dont mean that in any disrespectful way, lol i mean to ask how long has the qur'an been around??? i know that it is the writings of Muhammad who is believed to have written relevaltions from God??? but yeah i was just wondering how long ago that happened etc.... thankx
Mohommad (peace be upon him did not write the Quran.. he was illiterate...
God revelaed the Quran to Mohommad (pecae be upon him).. through the angel Gbariel..

Gabriel would recite and Mohommad (peace be upon him) would learn off by heart.. up until today there are kids as young as 5 that know the whole Quran off by heart.. the whole 600 + pages....

it happend during the prophet Mohommad's (peace be upon him) life ... which was over 1400 years ago...

physician

HSC
Examining the words used in the narratives relating how the Prophets died and the verses dealing with Jesus' ascent to God's presence reveals an important fact: Jesus did not die like the other prophets did, nor was he murdered by the unbelievers. Rather, our Lord took him up to His presence. Let us examine the Arabic words used to express how the Prophets died and how Jesus was raised up to God's presence, and investigate how the Qur'an uses them.

The Qur'an uses qataloohu (to kill), maata (to die), halaka (to perish), salaboohu (they crucified him), or some other special expressions to describe the death or murder of the Prophets. In the case of Jesus, the Qur'an clearly states that he was not killed in any of those ways, for: "They did not kill him [wa ma qataloohu] and did not crucify him [wa ma salaboohu]." God reveals that people were shown a look-alike and that Jesus was raised up to His presence, as follows:

When God said: "Jesus, I will take you back [mutawaffeeka] and raise you up [wa raafi`uka] to Me and purify you of those who are unbelievers. And I will place the people who follow you above those who are unbelievers until the Day of Rising..." (Surah Al 'Imran, 3: 55)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
soha said:
it wasnt one evil man that god changed the appearance of
it was on of the 12 apostles that he was sitting with
he asked for one to take his palce
and the youngest said he would..so he did
hmmm..... i heard it another way...

Kulazzi

HSC
physician, are you planning on becoming an Islamic Scholar or Imam (or are you a Qur'an lecturer)? Cos, no offence, you sound just like my grandfather :)

*Barbie*

HSC
soha said:
the koran was revealed 1424 years ago
its a book of Gods words revealed to prophet mohammed
he was the the last prophet and the last messenger who was to spread the word of islam

ok..christians arent supposed to eat swine
my very christian friend doenst eat swine..or pig meat
i dont know exactly why christians cant?
probably the same reasons the muslims and jews cant eat it
its prohibited in the 3 main religons..yet people ignore that

all i know is that my christian friend says its also against traditional christian teachings..and you cant make a religon modern..or change it to suit ur lifestyle

so you are waiting for the real Jesus 2 come???
sorry if that's worded wrong, feel free 2 correct me...

and on the pigs/swine topic...

under the law of Moses (the o.t.)..there were rules of clean and unclean beats...

in the new testament these rules are not applied... we see in [/B]Acts 10 [/B] through a vision to Simon (who would be sent to preach 2 Cornelius(a Gentile)) In the vision God told Simon to kill and eat...because he had been fasting and was hungry...Simon said he had never eaten any unclean thing b4...
God replied that what He has cleansed shall not b called common or unclean...

The rule for the clean and unclean beasts can be debated at length about all the benefits it offered the Jews, but a major part of all the laws given to the Jews was to separate them from the rest of the world...to make them a people separate unto God...After Jesus did His deal on earth, the door was open to all who were called. Jew or Gentile. So the rule for unclean beasts (for food) no longer applied because being separate unto God was accomplished by the Holy Spirit, not mere ceremonial laws... Jesus condemned the Pharasies saying that God could raise children of Abraham from mere stones if He wished. Confronting their vanity and conceit...

Jesus also told the Pharasies that it isn't what goes into a man's mouth that makes him unclean but the things that come out of a man's mouth.

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
he wasnt illiterate......
yes he was. He could not read nor write. Hence why Angel Gabriel recited the Qur'an for him and how he had scribes to write down each verse each time it was revealed to him.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i was really suprised when i read what you said
never heard of that
im pretty sure it was one of the 12
i will look into it..
its interesting that there are various "ways"

your version i heard is something the jews say
im not sure

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
soha said:
prophet jesus pbuh will return 40 years prior to the day of judgement
he will break the cross
slaughetr the pigs
get married and lead the muslims...whats left of them
he returns after the dajehl(anti christ)..
u believe only jesus will return and no one else??

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
*Barbie* said:

so you are waiting for the real Jesus 2 come???
sorry if that's worded wrong, feel free 2 correct me...
no we believe jesus will RETURN
he has come..and gone..he is in paradise and will return
the jews are waiting for him to come
they dont believe he has come yet

well..with the swine im not christian so i dont know
thats what ive heard
we dont eat it..for many reasons
that i will state
firstly the pig is a filthy animal
it lives in mud
eats its own shit
its the only animal that has sex with its mother
it has a bacteria in it that you cannot kill
its scientificlaly prooven
and otehr things that i cant think of

but thats not the point

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
does it make sense to u that ur prophet was illiterate??
re-read my post. He was chosen because of his humbleness and kindness to others. Yet he could not read or write. When the Qur'an was revealed to him, angel Gabriel commanded: "Read", and the Prophet said "But I cannot read", angel Gabriel proceeded to say this I think at least three times, then he (Gabriel)said "Read, in the name of Thy Lord.....". And, each time a verse was revealed, the Prophet would have scribes to write it down for him. Please look it up if you find it confusing.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
physician said:
illiterate as in he couldnt read or write... but he spoke the arabic language very fkuently even as a kid
ohhh.......u know...i think shia and sunni have a different view on this...i can now see why were not agreeing....but well the shia believe that the prophet could read and write but if u think he couldnt then ur entitled to ur opinion.......

Kulazzi

HSC
I think joujou has been mislead a bit about Islam :)

edit: ahh, maybe that is the reason: shia, sunni and hanifi.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)