Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Christian interpretation of sin:

So we will not be "hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" Hebrews 3:13, we need to understand the levels of sin and how we fall from one level to the other.

- Unintentional Sin (self explanatory): there are three types of this sin expressed in the Bible;

Falling short or making mistakes is inevitable for people in this life. 1 John 1:7-8

Presumptuous sins are when Satan fools us into thinking we are doing what is right, when we are actually sinning. Psalms 19:13

Unknown sin Leviticus 4:2

- Reoccuring sin (expressed in Romans and John): Reoccurring sin is where you realize it is sin, and you don’t want to do it, but in times of emotional stress you can’t help yourself. Example pride, gossip, cursing, back biting (taking out your anger on your spouse or kids.)

- Willful sin (Corinthians, John, James, Romans): Willfully committing sin is when you know you shouldn’t do something but do it anyway. It is God given desires taken out of bounds. It is not fighting against God but simply satisfying you desires in the wrong way.

- Unbelief sin (hebrews, John): A person at this stage either falls into unbelief, doesn’t care any more, or Rebellion, fighting against God’s kingdom.

- Apostasy (in many books): this is the sin that cannot be fogiven and can occur through rejection of God once he is realised and other acts

There are the levels of sin mentions in the Bible

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Mmm hmm.. So... Those Middle Eastern martyrs, dying for Islam.. Does your Christian God consider them the same... When they blow themselves up, do their body parts not decompose?

.. Actually .. thats the most dipshit thing I have seen all day. So dipshit infact, I am going to print it off, so whenever I need a laugh I can remind myself that martyrs dont decompose.
uhhhhhhhhhhhh go look up ur definition of an islamic martyr u idiot. u know nothing bout islam obviously so dont talk. a martyr is a person who dies on their ownland fighting a enemy.....primary example, hezbollah fighters in the south of lebanon. a person who kills the innocent and bombs themself up killing innocent with the is not considered a martyr

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhh go look up ur definition of an islamic martyr u idiot. u know nothing bout islam obviously so dont talk. a martyr is a person who dies on their ownland fighting a enemy.....primary example, hezbollah fighters in the south of lebanon. a person who kills the innocent and bombs themself up killing innocent with the is not considered a martyr
UUUH OOHH A MARTYR IS A PERSON WHO DIES ON THEIR OWN LAND FIGHTING AN ENEMY.......AH AH AH
Wrong.

A martyr is a person who would prefer to die before they renounced their religous affiliation.
A martyr is also a person who dies for causes based on religious affiliation, to further their belief.

YOU IDIOT!

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
acmilan said:
Christian interpretation of sin:

So we will not be "hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" Hebrews 3:13, we need to understand the levels of sin and how we fall from one level to the other.

- Unintentional Sin (self explanatory): there are three types of this sin expressed in the Bible;

Falling short or making mistakes is inevitable for people in this life. 1 John 1:7-8

Presumptuous sins are when Satan fools us into thinking we are doing what is right, when we are actually sinning. Psalms 19:13

Unknown sin Leviticus 4:2

- Reoccuring sin (expressed in Romans and John): Reoccurring sin is where you realize it is sin, and you don’t want to do it, but in times of emotional stress you can’t help yourself. Example pride, gossip, cursing, back biting (taking out your anger on your spouse or kids.)

- Willful sin (Corinthians, John, James, Romans): Willfully committing sin is when you know you shouldn’t do something but do it anyway. It is God given desires taken out of bounds. It is not fighting against God but simply satisfying you desires in the wrong way.

- Unbelief sin (hebrews, John): A person at this stage either falls into unbelief, doesn’t care any more, or Rebellion, fighting against God’s kingdom.

- Apostasy (in many books): this is the sin that cannot be fogiven and can occur through rejection of God once he is realised and other acts

There are the levels of sin mentions in the Bible

if there is a certain heirarchy of sins there must be one that tops it, which i'm thinking is the Apostasy one. If a sin cannot be forgiven, then is that not a sort of fatalism? That individual WILL be doomed, as the sin cannot be forgiven.

So are christians fatalistic? Do u believe that a so-called "path" has been carved out for you? Since God knows all?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
UUUH OOHH A MARTYR IS A PERSON WHO DIES ON THEIR OWN LAND FIGHTING AN ENEMY.......AH AH AH
Wrong.

A martyr is a person who would prefer to die before they renounced their religous affiliation.
A martyr is also a person who dies for causes based on religious affiliation, to further their belief.

YOU IDIOT!
Well according to your definition then those people that bomb themselves and kills innocents in the process is a martyr (because they die for causes based on religious affiliation, to further their belief) and isnt a martyr (because they are not being forced to renounce their religion)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
thats ur MARTYR and not a muslim one. martydom has its rules in islam. its not only for religious belief. there were athiest martyrs who died fighting Israel. are they doing it for religious belief,............. no their patriotic....but since they were under hezbolla (an islamic group) they had to comply by their law.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
katie_tully said:
Wrong.

YOU IDIOT!
hahahahah i like you

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not going to argue with you over your religion because i'm sick of doing it then having a person of faith get into a corner tell me i'm stupid and that they believe because they believe... that's all.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
if there is a certain heirarchy of sins there must be one that tops it, which i'm thinking is the Apostasy one. If a sin cannot be forgiven, then is that not a sort of fatalism? That individual WILL be doomed, as the sin cannot be forgiven.

So are christians fatalistic? Do u believe that a so-called "path" has been carved out for you? Since God knows all?
One must remember that we are not only talking about Christians as Judaism and Islam also are very similar in terms of holy scriptures.

I dont believe as a christian the path has been carved out, Apostasy sin occurs when you acknowledge that God exists but reject him, so if i am a christian and believe in God i am not commiting apostasy sin

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm not going to argue with you over your religion because i'm sick of doing it then having a person of faith get into a corner tell me i'm stupid and that they believe because they believe... that's all.
im not arguin ova religion. ur happy without one. im happy with one. end of story............however im still waiting for that christain guy to explain his statement to me.. so will he hurry along.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you believe a god has such strict guide lines and if you don't cohere to them you will go to hell, then damn i hope you picked the right god and are doing everything in just the right way...

If you beieve that there are some things you can get away with etc, then stop nagging me about not believing in a god because obviously it doesn't matter in the end anyway, i'm sure that a god of this nature would be just as happy with my search for the truth as any person who came to a godly conclusion...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
If you believe a god has such strict guide lines and if you don't cohere to them you will go to hell, then damn i hope you picked the right god and are doing everything in just the right way...

If you beieve that there are some things you can get away with etc, then stop nagging me about not believing in a god because obviously it doesn't matter in the end anyway, i'm sure that a god of this nature would be just as happy with my search for the truth as any person who came to a godly conclusion...
Im willing to end discussions with this quote

GG

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
look ppl. noone is stupid. a believer dosent have the right to feel superior to someone who doesnt believe. everyone has their belief system.............religion............stories(true or not)................way of living their life...................and everyone is entitled to this. this has turned into a religious discussion but at least u can learn abt other religions and debate with them abt their concepts (if that christain guy will bother answering me). anyway if no one has anything to fear and they believe their religion is flawless then they shouldnt have a problem answering questions.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
joujou_84 said:
im not arguin ova religion. ur happy without one. im happy with one. end of story............however im still waiting for that christain guy to explain his statement to me.. so will he hurry along.
I was talking to the christian dude that started quoting from the bible on me, it's obvious that he can't think for himself so he simply has to reference random things from the bible to justify any statement he makes...

but for fun i might do a bit...

How do you know that jesus wasn't the devil and the jews aren't right that he wasn't the messiah? The scriptures say that the devil can disguise himself as an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:14). Why couldn't he dress up like Jesus and try to fool a person like you?"

If i commit the unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31). Then i must have no hope, maybe all christians should just give up on me?

In in Luke 6:30 (also see Matthew 5:42 and Luke 6:35) where Jesus said, "Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again." Please give me all your money.

You like having sex? St. Paul clearly said (I Corinthians 7:29) that Christians should cut it out, because the end of the world is near at hand.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I was talking to the christian dude that started quoting from the bible on me, it's obvious that he can't think for himself so he simply has to reference random things from the bible to justify any statement he makes...

but for fun i might do a bit...

How do you know that jesus wasn't the devil and the jews aren't right that he wasn't the messiah? The scriptures say that the devil can disguise himself as an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:14). Why couldn't he dress up like Jesus and try to fool a person like you?"

If i commit the unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31). Then i must have no hope, maybe all christians should just give up on me?

In in Luke 6:30 (also see Matthew 5:42 and Luke 6:35) where Jesus said, "Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again." Please give me all your money.

You like having sex? St. Paul clearly said (I Corinthians 7:29) that Christians should cut it out, because the end of the world is near at hand.

hahahaha yes thats y i'm not christian (especially the last quote)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
1. I only started quoting because you asked where in the bible did it talk about levels of sin

2. How could Jesus be the devil when it clearly states in the bible that he himself met the devil and was tempted

3. You cant commit unforgivable sin since you dont believe in God and hence you havnt realised him and rejected him

4. If i give you all my money, then you will have to do the same and give it to others that need it. Obviously they are talking about people that actually need help

5. Traditionally sex is designed by God for procreation. If you dont procreate and have not given your life totally to God then you are effectively sinning .: sex is ok if done for procreation, as expressed by most religions, ie. sex outside of marriage and contraceptives are not allowed - none of this is really new, they have been issues for centuries and continue to be

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, but quoting is weak.

Because the devil can decieve everyone? it even states in the bible that sometimes the prophet lied to people to trick them...

check each section i quoted...

No i won't because you're a person of faith not me. How are they 'obviously' talking about people that need help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)