• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
physician said:
so that children our ages and younger dont have to be killed around the world such as Iraq. What do u say, to seeing a 12 year old child being shot at for 45 minutes straight, oh wait, the media doesnt show all that stuff...
oh yes it does. i remember a middle eastern child being shot and the father going over to him and being shot as well. disharmony's tolerable as long as its non-violent. other then that why should i be nice?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
see u ask, "why should i be nice" i may say " why should i be nice" he nay say "since no body wishes to be nice why should I" and all of a sudden no one is being nice and we're all living in a place were everyone hates everyone else

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
If you don't live to better your life/the world, then what's the point of living? I'm not saying we have a purpose in life or whatever, but we're alive, so we might as well make the most of it. If you don't, then why bother living at all? We've got our lives, for whatever reason, so what's the point of just squandering them, when we could be making them better for ourselves, the people around us and the people who will come after us?

lengstar

HSC
try telling that to people and they call you a communist or a lefty.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
lengstar said:
exactly. just like religion.
exactly correct, its ur choice, U cannot be forced to believe, u can be guided but no one can put a sword to ur neck and tell u believe, because u will be believing out of fear and not faith

lengstar

HSC
so telling me that if i don't believe then i'm aligned with satan isn't helping your cause.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
lengstar said:
try telling that to people and they call you a communist or a lefty.
I know. It kinda sucks, but people very rarely think of anyone else except themselves.

budj

HSC
I often think that one should not comment (in reference to arguing a point) without knowing sufficient data about the topic. The concept of the cosmological big bang is highly conceptual and largely based upon mathematical theory. The laymen will never beable to understand the true intricacies of the theory.

Physician, you said that the footprint could not be made by chance. What about the face on Mars? Couldnt it of been made by chance? Sheer wind? And wouldn't that apply to the footprint aswell? Do you call natural selection chance. You say to argue with reason and logic. To mee, natural selection is logical. In biology we stardied "life on earth" and how it originated from the tiniest of micro particles. Now that is very hard to beleive that such a diverse thing as life could originate from enzymes, protein molecules. But then again i am totally shut down because of the igorannce I have to topcs such as micro-biology, bio chemistry etc.

AS i have stated before, Christianity, as a whole, is a great faith. do not condem the religion at all, itis philosophically astute, and your reasoing, physician, suggests that by understanding christianity, you are accepting a better and morally higher ground to live on.

One person told me that " I believe in Christianity as i believe that the sun has risen. Not because i see it, but by seeing it, i see everything else" - I say to that person, can you really?

If god created man out of his image, why should their be hatred. He created man equally, but obviously in the equality pertaining human psychology and natural instinct, he mis-substuted, transcription error, etc.

What about the suffering, the circle of life centred upon devious attachment to material objects? I see that attachments of such nature always bring with them a longer lasting pain. Thus to be eternally happy, shouldnt a life devoid of attachment suffice?

Alas, i havewonderde from the confinements of this thread. But still it is an interesting question. Science can nly answer so much.

With reason, I do not beleive in the need for a supreme creator to understand the world, or to create or marale through which i can live in, or a set of values for shich i define myself as. But to those that want an answer to weather od exists, it is not black and white. you will never be able to prove it, or to disprove it.

Can you remember the aether hypothesis. It was never disporved, say, it was rather abolished because their was no need to use it to understand the wrkings of the universe (thanks to einsteins theory of general relativity)

Rather, the question of god must only reside in pure faith. Faith that if you die, you will end up iliving an eternal life, or you will live an eternal death. That is the simple truth. Its a simple matter of faith. THe question of a god cannot be answered simply.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
he may, but i dont think he really is the way that the bible presents him to be. The bible is all about misinterpretations. Unless the Bible has God's signature on it with verification, i'm not listening to a word it says. Some of the things it says are of value to mankind, and contribute to our sense of life... and it may guide those who don't know what to do with their life. I still don't believe in God nor the Bible. I truly the question the existence of him.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
If god created man out of his image, why should their be hatred. He created man equally, but obviously in the equality pertaining human psychology and natural instinct, he mis-substuted, transcription error, etc.

What about the suffering, the circle of life centred upon devious attachment to material objects? I see that attachments of such nature always bring with them a longer lasting pain. Thus to be eternally happy, shouldnt a life devoid of attachment suffice?

who says that god created humans out of his image........ive neva heard that b4 and i think physician has mentioned more than once that hes not christain......and suffering is something that always comes up........"if there was a god then why is there so much suffering and why do little kids die"........this is all because we have free will.......when we choose to go to war and kill innocent children its becasue we chose to do that. there is suffering in the world because this world is a trail....u have to be faced with hardships.......u cant have a perfect world.....in an exam (like the one were living now) u have hard questions and easy questions.....if all the questions were easy it wouldnt be a real test.........u need to have questions that screw u ova so that it can be called a real test..........if everything was perfect it would mean god is making sure its all perfect for us and this would mean we dont have free will........do we want free will or not........make up ur mind.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
God doesn't exist, religion is mass brainwashing. The end.

milad ghasemzad

It is an accepted fact that every creation has a creator, so why can't you clowns accept the fact that God created the universe and everything in it?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
milad_g said:
It is an accepted fact that every creation has a creator, so why can't you clowns accept the fact that God created the universe and everything in it?
Really, I didn't find it to be an accepted fact. Maybe for some of us it is hard to think about more then one action occuring at once.

Maybe it is hard to consider the fundamental forces and how along with irregularities occuring due superpositioning etc and how gravity works.

mack

Banned
HSC
milad_g said:
Please explain why the Bible claims the Earth is only a few thousand years old, yet Carbon 14 dating has proven fossils over 50 000 years old exist.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
milad_g said:
This point has been thoroughly refuted in previous posts :p

budj

HSC
Yes and someone please answer the question posted by mack regarding C-14 dating versus bibles documentation of the age of the earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)