• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does intellect and the education level of your partner matter to you? (2 Viewers)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I like dumb girls. They're simple and are impressed by my smarts.

Plus they're usually good at the stuff I'm bad at, but is useful to me: fashion etc.

kfnmpah

HSC
i won't date/marry anyone who hasn't received at LEAST a masters or finished a respectable undergrad degree (i.e. not arts)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i won't date/marry anyone who hasn't received at LEAST a masters or finished a respectable undergrad degree (i.e. not arts)
but you'd date/marry someone who has finished B Surfing Studies?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Education Level: No
General Intelligence & Common Sense: Yes

avro

HSC
Hmm, I heard all the pretty girls at Usyd did arts?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Than again the most common social measure of intellect is education level. There just aren't that many geniuses who didn't pass high school, nor are there many complete idiots with PhD's
Then*

Hmm, I heard all the pretty girls at Usyd did arts?
Yeah, but they're dumb, so I'm going to sex all of them.

HSC
N/A
Intellect, yes.

However, the level of education completed isn't that big of a deal if they're smarter than the average person (in other words, they're still super smart even though, say, they didn't go to uni after school, or dropped out [uni]).

But definitely, I don't want to date someone who doesn't match or surpass my level of intelligence, lol.

terminator69

HSC
I don't think level of education would matter per se. More important to me would be their progression towards a career and ability to make a decent amount of money.. whether that was with tafe, uni, or just working hard. I think it all comes down to equality for me, and the freaking hate I have of stay-at-home-mums. ie. my mum hasn't had a job for the last 20 years and has lived off my dad. Like, fuck that. Get a job you lazy ****. Don't even tell me that 1 hour of house work a day is equal to a guy that works 40 hour weeks.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I think personality matters the most. Personality will determine how good a relationship develops. If two partners have a lot in common then sure they're most likely to have studied the same or similar courses, have similar attributes/behaviours and like/dislike similar activities. Less conflicts would occur and a healthy relationship is much more likely to develop, then say if a couple didn't have much in common. (Funny enough, I remember reading how a relationship can be formed from opposite attractions in PDHPE, but imo I find this highly unlikely as too many conflicts would occur daily).

so in saying that I would not date a person that does not give a fk about their education.

Last edited:

I Study Hard

HSC
I don't think education level matters, I'm at uni and my best friend started working straight out of highschool, I keep him around because he's a different kind of smart.
I'll take common sense over academic smarts any day =)
That said my fiance did graduate from Macquarie last year with a Professional Accounting degree..or whatever they call it there (?)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't think education level matters, I'm at uni and my best friend started working straight out of highschool, I keep him around because he's a different kind of smart.
I'll take common sense over academic smarts any day =)
That said my fiance did graduate from Macquarie last year with a Professional Accounting degree..or whatever they call it there (?)
wait, you have a fiancee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)