Does Physics need tutoring? (1 Viewer)

canleyvale

HSC
Hey guys, Started year 11 on friday, and my subjects are as follows: 3U maths, standard english, physics, chemistry, biology and 1unit SLR. Im currently attending tutoring for maths, english, and chemistry, and im also planning to attend tutoring for physics. But im really confused on whether i should attend tutoring for physics, because that would be even more difficult with my 3 other subjects that are being tutored. So if you think whether i should attend tutoring for physics because it gets quite challenging in year 12, or its an easy subject but requires study? can you please share your thoughts, advise or any other information that may help, it would really be appreciated. Thanks alot :D

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I don't think you need tutoring but it really depnds on your aim. What kind of mark do you want in Physics?

daesol

HSC
haha i was asking people the EXACT SAME QUESTION when i was about to start yr11. (i just finished the HSC btw)

personally i don't think there is any need to get tutoring for physics. but throughout year11 you should be putting in 100% effort - and by the end of prelim - you should know how to 'study' for physics. just get your hands on some good resources (past papers, textbooks etc) and study consistently throughout the year.

more importantly, dont feel behind if all of your classmates are doing physics tutoring. as long as you put in effort, you can beat them all :)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I didn't get any Physics tutoring and still got Band 6.

HSC
N/A
When I did it, I had a physics teacher who was very smart, but didn't teach much.

So I enjoyed learning about physics myself and just asking hard questions here and there to my teacher.

But I think the key is to actually want to learn physics and understand the beauty of the theories and not just to get good marks.

It is probably one of the most interesting courses in the HSC. Though it has been dumbed down a bit. It is a bit annoying when you get really interested in a topic and then say that is enough next topic. It never really goes deep enough.

So tutors are only required if you are really struggling or not disciplined.

Cowbell

HSC
no, you don't need a tutor. every subject you do, except 3u maths, is pretty easy.
(and fuck, you have a good combination of subjects for minimum workload, maximum marks)
all you'd need is 20 mins on every subject a night of solid work and maybe 45 mins- an hour on maths.

canleyvale

HSC
Hahaha yeh, i wanted advanced english so bad though. Anything over 85 for physics will do good for me, not too sure about it though. I think i will have to put alot of effort into my other subjects inorder to get an ATAR of 98+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)