Does uws let students use free mobile wifi from the university? (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
:O THAT'S HARSH DUDE! I'm a massive android fan. I love ice cream sandwich, too bad my phone doesn't have it. I wasn't keen on buying the galaxy nexus once I saw it irl, so plastic-y

Yallaby1

HSC
lool yeah i'm an anndroid here too and it didn't work which sux...but thanks for heads up

HcNguyen111

HSC
How did you connect?
I connected to "AirUWS-Lite" just like any other wireless network, by going into Wireless Settings on my phone and selecting it. It then comes up with an Authentification thing where I enter my Student Number and Password, then it connects.

Note: As I said before only the Facebook and Gmail apps work and most of the UWS related sites and apps, ie. Blackboard Mobile Learn.

This is at Parramatta btw so it could just be on this campus or I could be one of the exceptions of Android being able to connect to AirUWS as stated here:

"Update: Informal testing with Android 2.3.6 on a Google Nexus 1 smartphone has shown users may be able to access Gmail and Facebook apps, UWS staff email and Calendar (via built in apps), and UWS' Outlook Web App via the built in browser. Web sites hosted outside of UWS (including the UWS web site) were not accessible. Users of other versions of Android or other devices may not achieve the same results."
- http://www.uws.edu.au/information_technology_services/its/airuws_lite#5

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
:O THAT'S HARSH DUDE! I'm a massive android fan. I love ice cream sandwich, too bad my phone doesn't have it. I wasn't keen on buying the galaxy nexus once I saw it irl, so plastic-y
we will discuss this later

I Study Hard

HSC
Lol, why bag Android =P
I have an iPhone4 and a HTC Desire, I actually prefer my Desire most of the time..it has a menu button and a back button =)

But yeah, I've found that wi-fi is so slow on my iPhone I normally don't bother to connect unless I want to download apps using it.

The wi-fi works ALOT better on laptops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)