does you wam get reset if you transfer through UAC programs and faculties? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
@4025808 Was it a complete whipe off your transcript?

Last edited:

skyren

HSC
sorry to bring this up again after a month :p

I'm currently having lots of insecurity about my WAM and transfer.
I'm doing CompSci+Media Arts and plan to change to ArchiComp in BE faculty next year. (They don't allow transfer in sem2.)

However, I'm doing pretty badly in this dual degree, and my first year sem1 WAM is 58.
To change into ArchiComp via IPT is wam of 65
But then, I was actually offered this course after HSC, I just didn't accept offer, n took the dual degree instead. My RAW ATAR was 90.2
In sem2, I'll be doing courses that I'm confident will get me a pass, and most likely credit avg. so hopefully this will boost up my wam a lil
Is there still a chance for me to transfer?

The 2nd question - if i transfer from the CSE to BE faculty, will my wam get reset?
do i have to transfer through UAC or IPT for that to happen? or will it be the same outcome?
There is absolutely no courses that are the same in both degrees, I'll be starting as a first year student in the new degree.

D94

HSC
N/A
However, I'm doing pretty badly in this dual degree, and my first year sem1 WAM is 58.
To change into ArchiComp via IPT is wam of 65
But then, I was actually offered this course after HSC, I just didn't accept offer, n took the dual degree instead. My RAW ATAR was 90.2
In sem2, I'll be doing courses that I'm confident will get me a pass, and most likely credit avg. so hopefully this will boost up my wam a lil
Is there still a chance for me to transfer?
You will need 65 in order to be competitive to transfer (via IPT). It is just an indicative WAM; it could actually be higher or lower, depending on how many places are available.

Not 100% sure about whether or not your WAM will be reset. 4025808 internally transferred into a different faculty and he said his WAM was reset.

D94

HSC
N/A
Nah they didn't wipe it off my transcript. My first year marks are still there. However they just reset my WAM.
I don't think that's right. My current transcript has two different WAMs on it (which I know now since last semester's results have been added to it). One for Mech/Sci, and one for Mech. I know it's the same faculty, but that really shouldn't make a difference, especially since you said there are some overlapping courses.

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think that's right. My current transcript has two different WAMs on it (which I know now since last semester's results have been added to it). One for Mech/Sci, and one for Mech. I know it's the same faculty, but that really shouldn't make a difference, especially since you said there are some overlapping courses.
Oh checked my transcript again - yes there's a separate WAM for my previous degree, but it's not included in the existing WAM (which is petroleum engo/sci)

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone know what happens if you go from a combined degree to another with both degrees coming from the same faculties? Ie Actuarial Studies and Adv Maths to Economics / Science (Maths major) or rather to Comm / Adv Maths?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone know what happens if you go from a combined degree to another with both degrees coming from the same faculties? Ie Actuarial Studies and Adv Maths to Economics / Science (Maths major) or rather to Comm / Adv Maths?
I assume its the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)