Does your school buy trial papers? (1 Viewer)

Arithela

HSC
If so, CSSA, independent, NEAP or what? How do we know which ones the school buys and will it be different across different faculties?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
yes, but only as an extra resource, they prefer to write their own trials - CSSA and NEAP are bought, for the record.

JSBboag

HSC
I come from a private school (Knox Grammar) and they buy their trial papers.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Most schools do.
However, they don't buy the whole paper. They buy a couple, and use a few questions out of each.

bawd

HSC
Our school buys the trial papers, but I don't know what company.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Some of my teachers buy them. Others choose to write their own. I prefer tests to be written by teacher.

conics2008

HSC
our school buys the exam paper... i think its called indepedent. or some thing..

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
risole91 said:
What do you mean?
You get to see your test?
Yep. It's more about seeing who will prepare for the test, rather than actually testing our smarts. It's about showing initiative.

Meh. I'm happy.

HSC guy

HSC
We get ours from CSSA. And the only thing our teachers change is they cross out the stuff we haven't got upto yet because we're so slow.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
HSC guy said:
We get ours from CSSA. And the only thing our teachers change is they cross out the stuff we haven't got upto yet because we're so slow.
same here

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
we need to get hold of these trial papers before the trial somehow...:uhhuh:

I dont know if my school buys them or not, im clueless in that area

hashi

HSC
all skools buy test papars...if they dont buy the whole test paper then they buy different questions and cut and paste the questions on paper then put the skool logo on the front...no teachers can be bothered or payed well enuff to make their own papers with questions!!hahaha...

JSBboag

HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
Yep. It's more about seeing who will prepare for the test, rather than actually testing our smarts. It's about showing initiative.

Meh. I'm happy.
Your joking right?

What school do you go to?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hashi said:
all skools buy test papars...if they dont buy the whole test paper then they buy different questions and cut and paste the questions on paper then put the skool logo on the front...no teachers can be bothered or payed well enuff to make their own papers with questions!!hahaha...

I know with the CSSA, Independent and ARC trials you have to buy the whole paper, not just some questions. CSSA even state that you have to follow their timetable, or if you need to change it you can't set the exam earlier than their schedule time. CSSA also state that you have to use the entire paper unless you haven't finished a section of the paper.

Some years ago one school decided to ignore these instructions and run one exam the day earlier than scheduled and was penalised by not being able to buy the CSSA papers for 5 or so years.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
cem said:
I know with the CSSA, Independent and ARC trials you have to buy the whole paper, not just some questions. CSSA even state that you have to follow their timetable, or if you need to change it you can't set the exam earlier than their schedule time. CSSA also state that you have to use the entire paper unless you haven't finished a section of the paper.

Some years ago one school decided to ignore these instructions and run one exam the day earlier than scheduled and was penalised by not being able to buy the CSSA papers for 5 or so years.
I see that as a loss to SCCA in terms of profits rather than a loss to the school.

eliseliselise

HSC
we get "neap" or "western region" papers, well that's what's on the top of the past ones anyway. according to my maths teacher, the trial papers arrived at school in the form of compact disc on the 4th of july... i am kicking myself for not waiting by the letter box, going home, burning the cds and then returning them. yeah, our school cuts out all the questions that we havent done... like binomial theorem, mechanics, series which is probably really really hard and wont be examined till the HSC. aah!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)