DONNIE DARKO -- Reviews and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
DONNIE DARKO--- Disscussion

Wow, i just finished watching Donnie Darko (the Directors Cut) and ..... *blinks* ok.... i wont go into much, just incase you haven't seen it...
BUT
have you seen it, would you like to see it..... what do you think of this cult movie.....

Some say its confusing... I really didnt find it confusing.... well a bit but not much lol :p

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
great movie, but yeah this has been done b4...im just waiting for the usual ppl to some in and say they hate it

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
imo nothing, but there is someone who has to be so alternative that they hate it because other ppl like it and they just cant hack it

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
its a good movie i watched it for english last year, and i cant c ne real flaws in it

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I got th Director's Cut DVD...one of the best films ever!

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Donnie Darko

I couldn't figure this one out... do you think this movie is from Donnie Darko's perspective, like the tangent universe actually exists and no one believes him; or is it just showing what it's like to be paranoid schizophrenic?

scoby_2000

HSC
Donnie darko is the coolest freaken film. I think the main reason it has been so successful is coz almost no one understands it! there are so many different interpretations its not funny....and thats y its so great to talk about it..

i think the movie actually shows the story from Donnie Darko's perspective and there really is a "tangent universe" like its all magical and shiat...

i loved the way like there was this underlying "magical current" and yet it was never blatently signified. I dont think donnie darko is a schizo at all, everything he says and does is rational to the audience because we see it through his eyes. Cept he could be a schizo because he sees things like Roberta Sparrow and she seems a bit schiz....there are some seriously interesting sites about the film that try to explain it but i generally find myself more confused than when i started :D

www.donniedarko.com or even just check the boards about the film on www.imdb.com

such an awesome film. If you havent seen it see it! its amazing! and i know coz i work in a video store :D:D

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Its not supposed to be based on the 'mental health' side that is shown in the movie. ( the original didnt go that deeply into it really.. only teh directors cut) Its from Donnies perspective.. in the 'tangent' universe.... and its not really at all focusing on what its like to be a paranoid schizophrenic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)