• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Don't drink coke! (2 Viewers)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
watatank said:
My maths teacher used to positively freak when she saw anyone drink coke.

"Dont drink that poison!"
haha yeah i remember. In year 7 i was pretty poor[before i got a job and all, no pocket money] but for some reason or other i had a bottle of coke which was like liquid gold to me, considering how often i would get to drink soft drink. She made me pour it in the garden and appolgise to the plants :(

maybe thats the reason i never really liked math?

edit: there was a certain girl in my year who created a petiton and got heaps of people to sign it, to try and ban the use of "dihydrogen monoxide"
saying that its the cause of over a hundred deaths per year, its used as a cleaning agent in schools etc etc.

dihydrogen monoxide is the chemical name for water for those of you playing at home.

So next time you hear a scary chemical name, dont get flustered, its probably something completely harmless.

unless ofcourse its:
2-hydroxypropane- 1,2,3-tricarboxylic acid, otherwise known as Hydrogen citrate is a chemical that is found in genetically modifed mandarins. It has been known to cause severe pain and swelling when coming into contact with the eyes and damage can occur if it is not washed out immedietly. Due to its tendancy to vapourise when released, health officials warn that one should keep the GM fruit at arms length distance when peeling to avoid contact. If there are any cuts on the hands, hydrogen citrate can enter the blood stream and cause medical complications, so one should strive to use gloves.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
The thing that the creator of this thread forgot to add is:

[From the link:]
"While all care was taken in the research for this page, we make no warranty as to the accuracy of anything at this site."

ALLLICE

HSC
CieL said:
The thing that the creator of this thread forgot to add is:

[From the link:]
"While all care was taken in the research for this page, we make no warranty as to the accuracy of anything at this site."
bahahaha

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
pete_mate said:
that's bs. don't believe everything your parents tell you. I believe you're referencing a study (but probably not, you must be a catholic, such that if coffee feels good then it must be bad for you) in the 70's where samples of coffee drinkers were taken, that were smoking at the same time. Most findings are dubious and contradictory, however, it has been recently found that coffee has numerous antioxidents:

"Recently, coffee was found to reduce the chances of developing cirrhosis of the liver: the consumption of 1 cup a day was found to reduce the chances by 20%, and 4 cups a day reduced the chances by 80%."
(Klatsky, Arthur L.; Morton, Cynthia, Udaltsova, Natalia, Friedman, Gary D. (12 June 2006). "Coffee, Cirrhosis, and Transaminase Enzymes". Archives of Internal Medicine 166 (11): 1190–1195.)
Note that I said INGREDIENTS, much in the same way that the INGREDIENTS in Coke Zero are harmful.
And my parents pretty much thrive on coffee

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Exphate said:
Coke is a good cleaning agent.

THus it cleans ones insides.

[/life]
coke has also been reputed to be a spermicide in some countries too..

it does work.. but then i have never heard any one die or get pregnant drinking sperm... unless someone can prove otherwise..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ALLLICE said:
it's the mild acid in coke that makes it good at removing stains
have you tried?
and what kind of stains?..

.. cos it left a brown patch on my clothes on friday...
im just hoping that there was a stain underneath it..
perhaps it changes when u mix it with whisky

ALLLICE

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
have you tried?
and what kind of stains?..

.. cos it left a brown patch on my clothes on friday...
im just hoping that there was a stain underneath it..
perhaps it changes when u mix it with whisky
apparently it works on grease stains...but then again maybe that's just mere conjecture *shrug*...and yeah the whisky'd probably do something else to it eh

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ALLLICE said:
apparently it works on grease stains...but then again maybe that's just mere conjecture *shrug*...and yeah the whisky'd probably do something else to it eh
yeah makes me smell lik an alcoholic...

tho i did notice that the sweetner makes the drink less sticky.. and also the fizz is different.. the conc of surcose is one way u can tell the difference between pepsi and coke.. and diet vs regular

ALLLICE

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yeah makes me smell lik an alcoholic...

tho i did notice that the sweetner makes the drink less sticky.. and also the fizz is different.. the conc of surcose is one way u can tell the difference between pepsi and coke.. and diet vs regular
hah! i knew i could taste the difference between coke and pepsi

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Theres also Dihydrogen monoxide in there as well which they use in alot of cleaning agents. It could poison, burn, scar, and kill you.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
pepsi has more sugar per 100mL..
its ~11g compared with coke's ~9g

yeah of course u can tell.. geez 1st yrs..

ALLLICE

HSC
z600 said:
Theres also Dihydrogen monoxide in there as well which they use in alot of cleaning agents. It could poison, burn, scar, and kill you.
but they're in such small quantities that it doesn't matter!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Dihydrogen monoxide can poison u.. and it can kill u... and burn you..

scarring isnt associated with consumption

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
ALLLICE said:
haha mythbusters style?
just remember, it wont get rid of engine grease. lol that wouldve sucked to clean up.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Can this thread die yet? Until someone's willing to explain why exactly we should ignore the usual bodies which decide what is safe for us to eat/drink (in the US, EU, Aus & NZ) then maybe we should just accept that it's safe?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
honestly.. where would i start?.. the US FDA is renown for being retarded medically.. id cite cases but we would be here all night and just fuel a dumb thread further.. the Aust and NZ eqv for food standards is alot better tho..

of course frankly based on the current evidence of coke zero i wouldnt be concerned.. tho i have psych patients with less delusions than the thread starter

and for those playing at home..
Dihydrogen monoxide can kill u @ 10L... and 3rd degree burns occur @ 45C for 30-45 mins.. faster at higher temps

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
scarring can be associated with consumption, if its hot enough. For the 45C temp, did you get that from a textbook? it seems kind of high, i would have thought more like around 42C

and how come no1 picked up my citric acid parody? i thought you people were smart!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
scarring tends to be with the chronic inflammation.. and poor healing..

the scarring with consumption would be either ..u having no pain receptors in ure throat or being a fucktard.. i have never read it as a cause of oesophagael strictures..

yes i have read 42 too and it takes about a similar time.. i keep 45 in my head as its the usual temp of "hot water" in the showers.. the burns are due to the fluid high heat capacity... and the time.. i have seen ppl have seizures in the shower then get these 3rd degree burns... I only know this from burns seminars..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)