Dota Discussion (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh no, dota has loads of things happening in the background. You just don't see it happen because dummy units are given the properties of invisibility and locust. Meaning you can't see them (even with true sight) and you can't click them.

But you know, aaaaaaaaages ago, Crystal Maiden's ulti used to use wisps as dummy units. That was hilarious, if you were quick enough (the wisp would frost nova and kill itself in like, less than half a second) you could click on it and start using it. Ahahaha you could harvest lumber from the trees :D
wow i never realised that. No wonder why there are explosions like wisps suiciding lol XD

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
dota won't screw your life unless you balance it out like me ^^
You must be some kind of n00b or an extemely disciplined person with an abnormal sense of self-control.

my bet is u r a n00b l0lzzzz:

MrDimple said:
Dammit! First blood against Dirge, Undying again ... time for study I guess.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
dota won't screw your life unless y ou balance it out like me ^^
i really dont get that LOL. so you're saying that balancing it out will screw your life? something is very wrong with that post :haha:

zy

HSC
speaking of dota..

anyone have a ba invite? :D:D

MrDimple

HSC
lol my bad for mistyping you keyboard warriors, i mean just balance it out time for school, and time for dota.

Drewx

HSC
Lol Footmen Frenzy is much more fun then DOTA... The lvl 1000 version is gay though because everyone picks the same hero..
Yea footman frenzy is great fun especially with a 4 way free for all going. It probably just as fun as dota and notd: aftermath.

andyMUFFINS

HSC
Oh youngminii, youknow that square you talked about with CM's ulti ? how far away are the corners ? like, range wise?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
yeh kim is the last boss. he so imba bro

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Oh youngminii, youknow that square you talked about with CM's ulti ? how far away are the corners ? like, range wise?
-s2- said:
it's a circle
I was incorrect before, Icefrog changed the way Freezing Field works in one of the newer versions that was released in February, in the changelog it just said "Reworked Freezing Field". Remember when they changed the animation :) The older one just had a bunch of Frost Novas.

Pre-change - The Freezing Field would just spawn dummy units randomly in a 635x635 square, that would Frost Nova themselves and slow everyone around them + deal damage around them (ie. the explosion). This means that there's the entire length of one side of the square is 1270, and a unit ~898units diagonally away from the CM (in the corner) can still get hit. (Remember the AOE of the Frost Nova itself is around 190)
Also, this dummy unit/Frost Nova'ing itself would happen every 0.1 seconds.
The important thing about this is that the distribution of the Frost Novas were completely random. And that the slow came from the Frost Nova's frost effect.

Post-change - The Freezing Field now spawns a dummy unit for every "enemy nondummy nonstructure alive noncycloned nonancient (except spirit bear) unit" in a 655 AoE and the dummy units cast a 1 second slow (30%ms and 20%attack speed? I think) EVERY 0.1 seconds. Then, using a circle and 4 quadrants (yay maths) the game finds a random angle every 0.1 seconds in alternating quadrants (so the quadrant that it appears in is random at first, but then it follows a process of elimination until all quadrants have been used ie. 0.4 seconds, and then it repeats starting in a random quadrant again). Then the game finds a distance between 125-635 and 'counts' every "enemy nondummy nonstructure alive noncycloned nonancient (except spirit bear) unit" in a 214 AoE, creates a special effect, and makes Rylai (not a dummy unit) deal x amount of fire-type attack-type spell damage to all of them.
This happens every 0.1 seconds so it's kinda confusing lol. The important parts of this is that the damage is "more spread out" I suppose. Since the dummy units are casting slow every 0.1 seconds, if someone has linkins it blocks the first slow but then they get hit by every other slow, so I guess it's a good spell to use up their linkins. Also, if you're standing in one quadrant and you see (within 0.3 seconds) explosions in the other three quadrants, get the fuck out of there or you'll get hit lol.
You might think that being right next to Rylai is better since there are no explosions within a 125 range to her, but since the AoE of the explosion is 214, if you're in a 67 range around her then you're technically susceptible to an explosion in all four quadrants (provided that they're at the minimum distance from Rylai - 125). So no, standing TOO close to Rylai won't help.
Also, the slowing dummy units mean that everyone in the field will be slowed, even if they're not hit by any actual damage.

Cool, I just wasted a shitload of time writing about Dota. FML

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Anyone else think that when they nerfed DP's move speed bonus from Witchcraft they should have at least changed her movespeed from 280 to 300...

Oh and anyone else think that bringing back Batrider was a dumb idea... because no one liked him the first time round...

super.muppy

HSC
if ur still in schhool IMMEDIANATLY QUIT DOTA ull thank me later
i've been addicted to it for like 6 months (getting good 2 :D) but then i looked back at my grades they were GG mannnn so think about it ppls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)