Downloading games - Enforcement? (1 Viewer)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Try PeerGuardian, it's *meant* to help against these, by blocking anti-p2p ips and stuff you connnect to.
I'm not entirely too sure on its reliability though, but it *could* help.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hot Spot Shield. Simple and no-one will ever be able to tell because it's actually a program that installs itself :)

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Stuff em

They won't dare lose a long lasting customer :). They barely have any with Telstra Bigpond owning most of the internet in Australia.
TPG have 400,000 customers. They aint small, top 5 at least.

Try PeerGuardian, it's *meant* to help against these, by blocking anti-p2p ips and stuff you connnect to.
I'm not entirely too sure on its reliability though, but it *could* help.
+1

Peerguardian is a great method, but it should also be used in conjunction with private trackers (eg, Demonoid.com, PreToMe.net, etc, and no im not giving out invites, they cost me a fortune in PreToMe lol)

I have been inclined to use proxies, however, the free one's aren't decent enough to reach decent speeds. A paid proxy is the only answer here.

I'll be migrating to Usenet over the next month or two. Internode gives free access to Usenet for all its customers. Internode ftw.

EDIT: With Peerguardian, make sure you use GOOD and up to date IP filtering lists.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
TPG have 400,000 customers. They aint small, top 5 at least.

+1

Peerguardian is a great method, but it should also be used in conjunction with private trackers (eg, Demonoid.com, PreToMe.net, etc, and no im not giving out invites, they cost me a fortune in PreToMe lol)

I have been inclined to use proxies, however, the free one's aren't decent enough to reach decent speeds. A paid proxy is the only answer here.

I'll be migrating to Usenet over the next month or two. Internode gives free access to Usenet for all its customers. Internode ftw.

EDIT: With Peerguardian, make sure you use GOOD and up to date IP filtering lists.
Yea, TPG are one of the biggest ISP's in AU.

Demonoid isn't a private tracker :p (Plus it's down anyway)
PTM is pretty good I hear, personally don't use it.

niloony

HSC
Better yet...

Pay for your games :party: (don't buy them in Australia as EB games etc are ripoffs atm with the strong dollar)

HOWEVER MW2 is the ONLY exception to this rule (Though i'll still buy it for PC since i'm egotistical and must pwn noobs even if supporting overpriced console ports makes me feel dirty)!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)