Dr Du??? (1 Viewer)

wzsmartypants

HSC
yes it’s super tiring (which is why i’m trying to move 😫) and yeah i still do extracurriculars after school but not as many
to u have to transfer from train to bus on ur way to and from school? or is it just train

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster said:
here’s a clearer version
When x = -2
y = -2(-2)
y = 4

∴ width = 4

When y = 4
4 = 0.5x
x = 8

∴ length = 2 + 8 = 10

∴ area = length x width
= 10 x 4
= 40 units²

∴ The answer is (D)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Fees are on the website in the FAQ. I've attached the timetable.

I am currently in Dr Du Ext 1 Year 11 (A1). I only joined this year and tested in and previously used a different coaching school - I am considering quitting Dr Du, not because it is bad but because the order of Dr Du topics is strange and does not correspond well to my school at all.

Many accounts say Dr Du is very fast paced and this is true - a topic that would take up 4 exercises and took a week of teaching in my school was done in 1 lesson in Dr Du - and they added year 12 content as well! To me these groupings make sense but could give some difficulty to other students.

Because of Covid 19 I use video lessons and the son of Dr Du, William Du, does mine - I feel he does not cater well to lower performing students as he tends to talk assuming he is talking to fairly bright students, which is not the case in a video lesson. He often skips subquestions that would normally scaffold a question; I personally can keep up with only minimal difficulty but I can see it can be confusing to people who joined tutoring for the help rather than getting ahead. His explanations of concepts are decent and he is a bright personality so I don't zone off in his lectures.

I don't know if you will get him for a video lesson though - the school hires tutors who are ex-students of the coaching school who also record videos, and usually they get the best tutors for these videos so quality is not a concern in Covid times - although if you get into a ''''lower skill'''' class you might be allocated a worse tutor for face-to-face classes.

It's important to note that although Dr Du has transitioned to the new syllabus, they still use old syllabus methods for some things and include old syllabus content - I know somewhere in year 9-10 you study locus of a parabola which is no longer in the syllabus. This can conflict with what is taught in your school but usually this only affects deriving formulas and theorems, and is a means to an end. If you want a positive take you can think of it as another way of teaching - another way to understand the concept.

The homework has a few questions from the lecture so you can copy the working in. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to your preference. I feel the questions (excluding the repeated ones) do reflect what I've learnt in the lecture and don't extend me too much. However, my school uses the Cambridge textbook and I've found Dr. Du questions matching the exact same HW questions in my textbook, which is annoying as I go to it for resources. If you get into the top class A1 you get 3 pages more homework than everyone else (normal being 9 pages).

Hope this helps
Unlucky bro, I got charles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)