Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

chocorett0

HSC
N/A
My ranks have been horrible, I stand like with the close to last.... I don't know if i even can achieve a decent atar of 65+.... The only subjects that I do okayish is Bio and English.... Physics, chem, and 2 unit maths i've never passed a single test or exam! With having 10 Units I'm screwed. Having studied so hard still its not rewarding at all.. I'm freaking out with the ATAR i'm gonna get.

RishBonjour

HSC
I shall use my dropped ranks as motivation now. (except eng, no hope)

alicekate18

HSC
I just realised I have one more assessment left for 4U and English. Hopefully I can increase my ranks on those and then do really well in externals...I'm just lacking motivation to study after getting my marks back.

Koomsy

HSC
Meh, i reckon i could've done better in 3u. Quite happy with 4u though haha. :D

itsMoeyy

HSC
Ill join this club.

As you can see in my sig, my Eng rank isn't that great. Now im certain that my ranks probs gonna drop to 50+ cause thats what happens when you wing both papers. Also I had my MX1 trial today and I did average, so my rank will probably drop by 5-10. All my other subjects went pretty well. My main goal is to get band 6 for all my subjects and a mid band 5 for eng, but I don't even think thats possible unless I kill the externals :S

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
And the Dr Pepper's club rolls on with "My major worksucks, I'm going to kill my first external mark successfully this week".

Honestly, what is even the cut off for an E3, is it 35? Maybe I'll scrape an E3.

enoilgam

HSC
And the Dr Pepper's club rolls on with "My major worksucks, I'm going to kill my first external mark successfully this week".

Honestly, what is even the cut off for an E3, is it 35? Maybe I'll scrape an E3.
Got to think positive thoughts LHS. I know this is a bit OT, but what do you want to do after high school?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Got to think positive thoughts LHS. I know this is a bit OT, but what do you want to do after high school?
I was really so positive until this point. I really was, wasn't stressed at all. I wasn't even that stressed pre trials, during trials. I only got stressed when I got sick, it was hard doing trials when I was sick. My EE2 major work my mentor said it was fine but I got outside feedback that ripped the things to shreds. Yes it got a good mark at school for internal, but that's not indicative of its merit. I am annoyed because I continually tried to seek feedback from people and it is only now that someone has been honest with me. This is the only place I can vent on these forums, can't talk about it with friends, many are too competitive academically. Family nah, they don't get it. So I probably come of alot more stressed than I am, I tend to save the gloom and doom for here haha (Sorry guys, it's fun to vent here!). Realistically, I set harsh goals for myself, but don't think I'll struggle to get into a uni course I'd like. I wouldn't have any trouble just getting into the standard Bachelor of Science at a decent uni for it. Oh yes, I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I really want to study biological science at uni. I just love science. It's not like I want to get into med/law or anything like that.

I think if this is the only angsty patch of Year 12 I have until I get my major work in, then it's probably the most logical time for it. All in all, it's not too shabby for someone that went away for five weeks of Year 12.

enoilgam

HSC
I was really so positive until this point. I really was, wasn't stressed at all. I wasn't even that stressed pre trials, during trials. I only got stressed when I got sick, it was hard doing trials when I was sick. My EE2 major work my mentor said it was fine but I got outside feedback that ripped the things to shreds. Yes it got a good mark at school for internal, but that's not indicative of its merit. I am annoyed because I continually tried to seek feedback from people and it is only now that someone has been honest with me. This is the only place I can vent on these forums, can't talk about it with friends, many are too competitive academically. Family nah, they don't get it. So I probably come of alot more stressed than I am, I tend to save the gloom and doom for here haha (Sorry guys, it's fun to vent here!). Realistically, I set harsh goals for myself, but don't think I'll struggle to get into a uni course I'd like. I wouldn't have any trouble just getting into the standard Bachelor of Science at a decent uni for it. Oh yes, I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I really want to study biological science at uni. I just love science. It's not like I want to get into med/law or anything like that.

I think if this is the only angsty patch of Year 12 I have until I get my major work in, then it's probably the most logical time for it. All in all, it's not too shabby for someone that went away for five weeks of Year 12.
Most of us have the "rock bottom" point during the HSC year - you just have to sort of rise above it and move on to the next challenge (which in your case is the final exams). The important thing is to not let it consume you - the HSC is almost uniquely stressful (uni may be harder in terms of work, but the stress is less I find) and it can really consume you at some points.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
from first in maths to about third or fourth. so disappointed

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Had physics today and got so damn lucky. Only knew about 80% of the overall content, but in the actual exam there was only about 10 marks of stuff I didn't know, and I managed to BS them, so hopefully that's enough to keep first.

So-joo

HSC
I'm 1st in Studies of Religion and I bombed my trial paper... pretty sure I'm going to end up 14th or something ;_;

shannan94

HSC
Although I have not yet received my trial marks, I didn't really feel the confidence during the exams like I would normally have :(

Oh well, looks like a bachelor of arts for me :chainsaw:

onedaysnotice

HSC
I've only got my English Adv, SDD and Maths marks back so far.

I bombed English but I'm still rank 1 since rank 2 also ceebed during the trials. So both of us kept our ranks but rank 3 literally has a lighter on our asses now since he smashed us in the trial. Thankfully, my overall average prior to the exam was high enough to remain first. Reassuringly, the only thing I prepared for the exams, my belonging creative, got 15/15 :D

I'm so devastated for SDD though. I was expecting at least 80+, but lost it due to many silly mistakes. Still kept my rank 2 position though and closed the gap between me and 1st ranker with my major. :D

Maths...I actually did better than I expected. Got 60% when I was expecting <30% xD Managed to increase a rank to 8/10.

I feel so guilty for not studying until the day before each exam, minus preparing the creative for english.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I just printed off my Major Work, it feels godly. Will be so relieved when I get it in tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Well this morning :p

its_tricky

HSC
That's a good silver lining, they're set we'll make the best of them we can. And hope our cohort makes our assessment marks at least respectable.

Maybe I'll force everyone to group study so we all do better for externals :p
ahh +1 !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)