Dr Who (1 Viewer)

onur91

HSC
N/A
I don't know how much Classic Who and shit you're into, but certain timelords, like the Master IIRC were granted extra regenerations.
And in one of the Sarah Jane Adventure episodes, he said he could regenerate like, 500 times, but rule 1, so I dunno.

Point is, they've backed themselves up enough to cover extra cycles if they wanted to.
iirc it was 507? but it's been speculated that was just a random thing he said. Would be retarded if they actually follow on that.

Freddici

HSC
Same here. Torchwood has it's own unique qualities, much darker and grittier.
The Children of Earth miniseries imo, was much better than the first 2 seasons themselves. That's what I'm afraid what would happen to Doctor Who, if they follow the format of the 1st and 2nd season of Torchwood, where there is a minimal story arc.
From the perspective of the major audience of Dr who, season 6/7 have been extremely heavy on the story arcs and people are getting sick of it. e.g. "River's story has gone on for too long".

I really can't find the story arc in seasons 1 - 4... What was it?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Same here. Torchwood has it's own unique qualities, much darker and grittier.
The Children of Earth miniseries imo, was much better than the first 2 seasons themselves. That's what I'm afraid what would happen to Doctor Who, if they follow the format of the 1st and 2nd season of Torchwood, where there is a minimal story arc.
Yessssss! :(
I know exactly what you mean.
The first 2 series are good, but I agree. The 3rd was brilliant and I don't care what anyone else says.

iirc it was 507? but it's been speculated that was just a random thing he said. Would be retarded if they actually follow on that.
Rule 1: The Doctor lies :)
I doubt it's true haha :p

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
From the perspective of the major audience of Dr who, season 6/7 have been extremely heavy on the story arcs and people are getting sick of it. e.g. "River's story has gone on for too long".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_arcs_in_Doctor_Who
There you go poppit.

Also, in response to River Song, I like her. I think she's interesting and fun :(.
I can't speak for the whole audience when I say I like the longer story lines, but I really do.
As I mentioned before, I love solving it along side the TARDIS team and cluing it all together as more information is released each week. I like all the speculation and wild mass guessing that goes on :( I like being able to sit down, re-watching episodes and picking up more information, or seeing how small seemingly unimportant details were actually hints.

I like the story arcs because they are generally deeper and leave a lot more to think about. If each episode/2 episodes were resolved, there would be a lot less to speculate and discuss during the breaks. Essentially, we wouldn't be talking about what may happen in season 7 right now if we didn't have story arcs, mysteries or clues to go off.

tl;dr I fangirl over Moffat.

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A
Well yeah they can end THAT story arc. But it sucks they don't want to create a major one again.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yessssss! :(
I know exactly what you mean.
The first 2 series are good, but I agree. The 3rd was brilliant and I don't care what anyone else says.
Exactly. The 3rd was my favourite. Have to admit, the 4th was actually better than I expected.

Rule 1: The Doctor lies :)
I doubt it's true haha :p
hahaha oh yes, you make a very fair point :)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC

yes, that's what i've been thinking.
with RTD era, the arc clues were sly and mysterious in the lead up to the finale
while moffat's arcs have been pretty obvious and in your face ie. the crack been shown at the end of every episode/eyepatch lady popping up every episode

story arcs in seasons 1-4 are:
bad wolf
torchwood
mr saxon
bad wolf again - at first slyly throughout the series (CAL has a picture of rose and a wolf) and then more heavily near the end
and also the planets disappearing

Last edited:

Freddici

HSC
yes, that's what i've been thinking.
with RTD era, the arc clues were sly and mysterious in the lead up to the finale
while moffat's arcs have been pretty obvious and in your face ie. the crack been shown at the end of every episode/eyepatch lady popping up every episode
This.

Visually and Spoken story arcs.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

:)

Love how he says WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC

because Sue's too busy drumming (4 times ;D) to make some food

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)