Dr Who (1 Viewer)

onur91

HSC
N/A
Just saw the final episode of series 6. It was truly stellar, and I really like the fact that they went back to their roots with the "oldest question in the universe"
Nice touch :)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Lol yeh it was great, as are most ep's written by Steven Moffat. I swear they should just let him do the whole bloody series.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yeah he always makes the grittiest of characters.
Plus, he is the one basically running the whole show, took over reins 2 seasons back.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Way better than Russel T Davies imo.

Lol and to think that the question was staring us in the face the whole time. :p
Can't believe it's over already :(
I guess it's back to watching random dr who vids on youtube now every now and then.

Cya in christmas :p

onur91

HSC
N/A
In some ways I suppose, depends how you look at it.

Yeah i know right, was the most obvious thing and so simple. I was trying to think of complex and intricate questions lol
Sucks right, even after the christmas special its going to be bad....the next series will be 14 episodes...but its going to start in Autumn 2012 (so september-ish) Then its going to continue in 2013. Load of horseshit i say, they're making us wait ages again like they did after series 4.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
True.

I know aye, i guessed when he *spoiler* told River his name. And why the hell did they stop halfway through this season? Why the fuck does it take so long? Though we always manage.

BBC's cancelling confidential. Never really watched it tbh.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I dunno. I was a little disappointed with the last episode of S6
It just sorta seemed like a copout considering the whole season of building up :(

I enjoyed Confidential. It usually has some fun/interesting extra bits, plus the 6.13 confidential had a wonderful complete timeline summary of River

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
It just sorta seemed like a copout considering the whole season of building up :(

I enjoyed Confidential. It usually has some fun/interesting extra bits, plus the 6.13 confidential had a wonderful complete timeline summary of River
Fair enough.
Lol i still remember my first time watching confidential and hearing Tennant's thick Scottish accent. I was like "WTF just happened?!?!?!". And also seeing the actors in real life is good.

onur91

HSC
N/A
True.

I know aye, i guessed when he *spoiler* told River his name. And why the hell did they stop halfway through this season? Why the fuck does it take so long? Though we always manage.

I still have no clue why they did that, they're slowly turning into an American show...in the sense that they take breaks for no apparent reason and make you wait for fuck all.

Yeah I see what you mean, wish something epic could've happened..and that it could have answered more questions. What I don't get it *potential spoiler here, so don't read on* is that when the Doctor FIRST met River in the library, did she actually know his real name? She whispers something into his ear, and that gives him reason to trust her...so was it really his name?
Also, i'm trying to work out what he is running from, and WHO he really is. I'm starting to get the feeling it's someone we've seen....perhaps a form of Rassilon? lol idk.

I haven't watched confidential for Series 6...worth taking a look?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I still have no clue why they did that, they're slowly turning into an American show...in the sense that they take breaks for no apparent reason and make you wait for fuck all.

Yeah I see what you mean, wish something epic could've happened..and that it could have answered more questions. What I don't get it *potential spoiler here, so don't read on* is that when the Doctor FIRST met River in the library, did she actually know his real name? She whispers something into his ear, and that gives him reason to trust her...so was it really his name?
Also, i'm trying to work out what he is running from, and WHO he really is. I'm starting to get the feeling it's someone we've seen....perhaps a form of Rassilon? lol idk.

I haven't watched confidential for Series 6...worth taking a look?
I'm fairly sure she did? :/
I figure we just haven't seen that bit yet?
I am also pretty curious as to why his idenitity is so feared/important

As for Confidential, a lot of it's just Behind the Scenes fun and things, but a few of the episodes have been really good. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvk6RleiDvQ best video ever)

This is the timeline thing I was talking about

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yeah I guess if they're married...she would know.

Can't wait to finally find out, been a long time coming. Doubt they'll reveal it in the next series tbh.

Yeah I know, i used to watch it for the previous seasons, just stopped for 6.

Cool thanks for that :D

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
On the Doctor’s fame: “We’re going to explore that properly next series. The Doctor’s project is to sort of erase himself from history because there’s only so many times you can stand and boast at Stonehenge”
On the heavier story arc: “I don’t think Doctor Who will ever be as arc-driven again”

Due to the increased interest from the title ‘Let’s Kill Hitler’, Moffat has told the writers to really “slut it up” and “write it like a movie poster. Let’s do big, huge, mad ideas”

On Amy, Rory and River: “I do have an end game for all of them”

On River: “You realise you’ve learned nothing. She may or may not be married to the Doctor, depending on whether that was actually a marriage ceremony, or whether it counts if he’s inside a giant robot replica of himself”

On his future as showrunner: “Even though I’m more tired than I’ve ever been, I don’t feel any impulse to leave”
- Moffat on Season 7

Sounds intriguing.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
any truth to the rumours next year will be Matt Smith's last as The Doctor?

Vidhya

HSC
It's true! But on the bright side, it'll be pretty exciting to have a new doctor.

Also, who's excited for Sherlock? :D

onur91

HSC
N/A
That sounds interesting, but I actually enjoy the story arc's they implement. If they get rid of those to a degree, it wouldn't be as deep as it once was.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
any truth to the rumours next year will be Matt Smith's last as The Doctor?
Not confirmed 100%, but very strongly hinted at.
Matt Smith has talked about going off and doing other things for a while now and there is an episode title (can't remember which) called 'The Fall of the Eleventh.'
But we all know not to take anything Moffat says to seriously, so that title could be a red herring.

Also, who's excited for Sherlock? :D
Yes yes yes.

That sounds interesting, but I actually enjoy the story arc's they implement. If they get rid of those to a degree, it wouldn't be as deep as it once was.
Me too! I really liked season 6 where we start off in some random situation and then, as the series progressed we slowly worked it out with the Doctor :(
:(

:(.

And when he says slut it up, I hope it isn't at the cost of good story. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)