Dream Careers (3 Viewers)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
So... What are peoples dream careers after they finish school/uni.

I would LOVE to become a Veterinarian, but the UAI is stopping me. I can do a science course then go through the re-application etc. etc. bridging etc. but I'm not THAT passionate about saving animals.

Therefore, My job is to become a Chief Design Civil Engineer!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
So... What are peoples dream careers after they finish school/uni.

I would LOVE to become a Veterinarian, but the UAI is stopping me. I can do a science course then go through the re-application etc. etc. bridging etc. but I'm not THAT passionate about saving animals.

Therefore, My job is to become a Chief Design Civil Engineer!
You don't know yet. Back in Year 8 & 9, all I wanted to get was over 90. In Year 10 my dream got bigger as my results got better.

Now, I want to get over 99. (even though it looks extremely bleak :( )

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
What are you aiming to do with a UAI over 99?
Nothing in particular. I just want to get the top UAI at my school. :D

L

lsam

lyounamu said:
You don't know yet. Back in Year 8 & 9, all I wanted to get was over 90. In Year 10 my dream got bigger as my results got better.

lol

you are joking, right?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Is that such an accomplishment to be the best at your school. I'd rather do it for personal benefit over bragging rites. Sure it's nice to be Dux once in a while (some people all the time) but being 'the smartest' can also make people's heads swell...

Is there any real benefit simply being the smartest at your school?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lyounamu said:

You see I have heard of not setting yourself up for a fall but dude I would so not be surprised to see a post next to your name saying. "I got a 100UAI"

I want to get over 99. Now that is looking extremely bleak

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I know how stupid it sounds, but i would really love to teach history, despite the shit pay and crap conditions, its just something i really want to do.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
-may-cat- said:
I know how stupid it sounds, but i would really love to teach history, despite the shit pay and crap conditions, its just something i really want to do.
I don't know anything about teachers salaries. But teachers have good working conditions they get 12 weeks holiday and 6 hour day jobs. That is significantly less than most jobs.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kaz1 said:
I don't know anything about teachers salaries. But teachers have good working conditions they get 12 weeks holiday and 6 hour day jobs. That is significantly less than most jobs.
im talking about the shit you got to put up with from the students

HSC
qantas chief pilot...*drools*

if not, senior capt. onto senior check&training cpt. then perhaps onto instructor..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Depending on how long and where you are teaching in the world. The salaries can range anywhere between $30,000-$200,000. In a state school 1st year you are most likely to make about $33,000. This is the current estimate. In a private/selective, which would be hard to get into the be teaching since they choose their teachers.... would be much higher.

After about 10 years of teaching your salary will definitely reach $45,000 at least. The more subjects you teach at the school will result in more pay because you have a higher workload and are doing much more.

If you got into a Year Co-ordinator or Principal position. You are looking at anything between $70,000-$120,000. But managing a school or a year requires a lot of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)