Driver Knowledge Test (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Hey, so I am going to be taking the driver knowledge test in a few weeks and have read all the paper work and practiced online and usually get 100%. however i am starting to get a bit nervous, idk why but i still feel a bit 'un prepared' for the test. so could any1 give me an insight on what the test is like and how hard it is compared to the online sample test?

tashe

HSC
N/A
DKT is 100% identical to the online DKT practice test.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Yea the test is cinch. I remember I did the practice online test at least 30 times so that I saw all the questions in the database that could be used in the real one.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey, so I am going to be taking the driver knowledge test in a few weeks and have read all the paper work and practiced online and usually get 100%. however i am starting to get a bit nervous, idk why but i still feel a bit 'un prepared' for the test. so could any1 give me an insight on what the test is like and how hard it is compared to the online sample test?
A lot of it is common sense, so it should be okay. The questions in the practice test are essentially the same as what you'll get.

But be aware of those "What will happen if you are caught cheating on the DKT" or "What is the maximum blood alcohol limit" questions.

Also, just did the DKT just then for fun (lost a mark because I didn't know what the blood alcohol limit is!) and came across this question.

Laughed so hard.

Capture.JPG

shortnsweet

HSC
The test is exactly the same with all the same questions. I got one question wrong but I passed first go anyway. Don't worry about it, as long as you understand and you have studied and practiced you will pass without a problem. Remember to bring your birth certificate lol first time I went and I forget it so I had to reschedule. And also be prepared for your license photo. >.<

williamdaft

HSC
Dw bro, you got this!

The DKT is completely from a bank of around 600 questions or so, from the online practice one you do.. if you have done it more than 10 times with 100%, you'll easily get 100% in the real thing. If nerves strike and you get 1 wrong, you still pass.
All I did was learn and memorise all the answers to all the possible questions they might ask from the online test.
When I did my test, I have done around 43/45 questions previously online, and got 100%. You just gotta practise pretty much all the questions they can ask online and you're ready.

Goodluck :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Easiest test I took in my life...4 mins for 100%.

It's identical to the practice online one.

HPT is also ridiculously easy, it's just tapping a screen. Haven't had to do the DQT yet, but apparently it's a mix of HPT/DKT.

Doing the driving test is defs the hardest cause it actually requires skill lol.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't get 100% in the real test, you have some serious problems man. Dw about it. it's easy as fk

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
just did the whole 45 questions in under 10mins, fked up 1 question but i wasn't 100% sure on it lol, fml, still a pass though.

DLMisme

HSC
Don't worry, it's the same as the practice test. I was really nervous too, but just practice it as much as you can over the next few weeks and it'll be a breeze. I'm sure you'll pass :)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
General Knowledge 14 / 15
Road Safety Essentials

Fatigue and Defensive Driving 2/2
Intersections 2/2
Negligent Driving 2/2
Pedestrians 2/2
Seat Belts/Restraints 3/3
Speed Limits 3/3
Traffic Lights 1/1
Traffic Lanes 1/1
Alcohol 3/3
Drugs 1/1 20 / 20
Type of Test : CAR TEST
Date : 09/01/2014
Time : 6:48 PM to 7:01 PM
Test Result : Pass

Traffic Signs

Regulatory Signs 5/5
Warning Signs 5/5
10 / 10

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Easiest test I took in my life...4 mins for 100%.

It's identical to the practice online one.

HPT is also ridiculously easy, it's just tapping a screen. Haven't had to do the DQT yet, but apparently it's a mix of HPT/DKT.

Doing the driving test is defs the hardest cause it actually requires skill lol.
DQT is the easiest. It's barely the DKT/HPT.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
There's a pdf on the rta site somewhere with every possible question in it. Much the same as doing the online one, except less fussing around.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
There's a pdf on the rta site somewhere with every possible question in it. Much the same as doing the online one, except less fussing around.
yea been remembering it for the past week. haha

Audranda

HSC
The online demonstration/practice test from the RTA website is identical to the Driver Knowledge Test at the centre (completed by computer, with additional headphones for the question and answer options to be read). It's quite simple and a majority of it is common sense/general knowledge.

I'm more afraid about getting red P's as it requires an immense amount of practical skill. :blink2:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The online demonstration/practice test from the RTA website is identical to the Driver Knowledge Test at the centre (completed by computer, with additional headphones for the question and answer options to be read). It's quite simple and a majority of it is common sense/general knowledge.

I'm more afraid about getting red P's as it requires an immense amount of practical skill. :blink2:
headchecks all the time and go 5km/h under the limit during the test

you should be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)