drop to gen or keep maths? (1 Viewer)

jackko

HSC
so all my past exams so far for prelims are all around 40-50 % in 2u maths :(
thoughts on whether to keep it and work harder for hsc or consider drop to gen ?
my school rank is currently around 45 - 50
and the years avg for most of these exams are around 60 %

Gigacube

HSC
NEVER drop to general. Work on your 2 unit.
Why? It's not like dropping from Advanced English to Standard English.

It's a bit risky to go into HSC Mathematics without a good knowledge and understanding of the preliminary course as it builds on it.
A mark of 40 in Mathematics is worst than a mark of 85 in General Maths.

jackko

HSC
i think my rank is around 40- 50 out of 62 people. they only give according to grades, so around there

kfnmpah

HSC
If you found year 10 maths boring, you will find general boring because it is pretty much the same as 10.3 stream maths (top level in yr 10).
Don't drop to general. Just study harder, it's only 2 years of your life, and you're not 18 so it's not like you're missing out on much.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Drop it. 40-50% in 2 unit is not good (sorry but I'm just being honest) and you'll probably be far more comnfortable in general maths (yes it scales far worse but as someone above said 85 in general>>>40-50 in 2 unit

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You will be bored in General Maths because it's just the same thing in Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 pretty much. Frankly, you should probably take heed to the notion of not doing any maths at all - and consider that.

Cazzameline

HSC
If you found the yr 11 course content hard, then drop maths. Just do general and rank well. It will remove a lot of unnecessary stress next year. If you don't need maths for the uni course you want, then it doesn't really matter what level you do.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
so all my past exams so far for prelims are all around 40-50 % in 2u maths :(
thoughts on whether to keep it and work harder for hsc or consider drop to gen ?
my school rank is currently around 45 - 50
and the years avg for most of these exams are around 60 %
Don't drop!! Your school rank is decent so they probably set tests a harder than the state (please everyone take this statement generally). Also, another thing is that you aren't too far below the average. Dropping could be one of the worst things you do.

smartalec

HSC
DONT DROP. most think: 'oh ill drop to general and will automatically get a band 6' WRONG. without a doubt, 90% of mathematics students dropping laugh at the 'ease' of general math, don't study, dont get their band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)