Droppin 4U (1 Viewer)

cyko

HSC
just did my 4u exam recently based on complex numbers and curve sketching ..
howeva .. i came in all nervous .. and i feel that i only got perhaps 50-70% no idea ..

was continuously shaking for the first 30 mins of the exam .. however thigns got better ..

but the pressure that i experienced caused me not to think straight, resulting in my bad marks as this was my first 4U exam ..

and i'm wondering what the 4U HSC exam will be like..
cause i now that i have done my first 4U exam, i think i have a grasp of preparing for a 4U exam and confident that i will do well for the following exams coming up nxt yr.

but question is ..
even if i have my opinion of being able to do it .. looking at the situation that i was in .. should i decide to continue with 4U maths or drop it?

Ogden_Nash

HSC
Before you make any decision, I think you should wait to see what result you get and compare it with the people in your class.

I remember feeling the same way you did during my first 4u test, but I ended up doing pretty well.

Also, try and put things into perspective - it's not the end of the world if you do poorly in one test, maybe your exam preparation was a bit poor. Try a bit harder with that next time and see how you go. If I were you, I wouldn't drop now - wait until your next test atleast. Remember, the longer you stay with 4u, the better you will do (generally) in 3u.

Anyway hope that helps, good luck with your decision.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well i got hammered in 3u...58%...at least grade average was 49% that merely means im above average for 3u which doesnt mean much. my 4u exam on thursday, and i still suck at complex numbers but i own graphs...wish me luck!

cyko

HSC
yeh good luck .. thanks guys for the advice

i had my exam today .. stuffed up mainly in complex numbers
especially geometrial application of complex numbers ..
graphs were alright .. stuffed up on one question concerning implicit differentiation .. but oh well

the exam i did goes 10% report . if i do stick with it .. hopefulyl will improve .. if not then i probably drop the subject ..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Keep it, man.

You can improve.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
woo! i owned the 4u exam! couldnt believe it was so easy. i think i suffered classic 4u syndrome...i completely neglected 3u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)