Dropping a subject now? (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
Im currently doing 13units right now, and im not doing well in chemstry atm as my marks hovering around 50s. Would you recommend me drop the subject as it would just 'look bad' on my report when in future im applying for jobs?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Does it look like it's gonna count for your ATAR atm?

muzeikchun852

HSC
Im currently doing 13units right now, and im not doing well in chemistry atm as my marks hovering around 50s. Would you recommend me drop the subject as it would just 'look bad' on my report when in future im applying for jobs?
you better drop it. getting 50s wont help you in any way.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
drop it, if its really bad comparatively. focus on your other subjects =)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
On the same subject but not really:
I'm pondering dropping Studies Of Religion II down to Studies Of Religion I. Suggestions.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Im currently doing 13units right now, and im not doing well in chemstry atm as my marks hovering around 50s. Would you recommend me drop the subject as it would just 'look bad' on my report when in future im applying for jobs?
If you're doing bad, drop it. Simple.

HSC
N/A
On the same subject but not really:
I'm pondering dropping SORII to SORI. Suggestions.
Dunno if SORII -SORI is a subject but i assume it is , and if your doing relatively bad in the subject you should drop it and focus more on your other subjects but you also have to remember and calculate how many units you will end up with after dropping it and seeing if you still have enough units for an ATAR , assuming you want an ATAR , the total amount of units is 10 min for one , your careers adviser will help you out best

Skyzor

HSC
I'm on 13 units at the moment aswell BUT im dropping extension hisotry mainly because it's the subject i spend the least amount of time one, crappy rank and it's on the same day as legal studies for the externals. So yeah, dont worry, heaps of people drop subjects late.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pondering dropping Studies Of Religion II down to Studies Of Religion I. Suggestions.
Dunno if SORII -SORI is a subject but i assume it is, and if you're doing relatively bad in the subject you should drop it and focus more on your other subjects but you also have to remember and calculate how many units you will end up with after dropping it and seeing if you still have enough units for an ATAR, assuming you want an ATAR, the total amount of units is 10 min for one, your careers adviser will help you out best.
See above.
They are actual subjects, even though I don't view them as such myself. :L
I'm coming =5th and I'm getting better each assessment (First - =6th, Second - =5th, Third - =3rd). So, I'm not sure... :/
Lol. You seriously think I would do MX2 and not be able to count to ten?
My careers adviser is pretty shit... :/ The head of Curriculum is who I usually go to because she loves me and she knows her shit, but she is really biased towards maths being a maths teacher and she has told me to drop SORII down to SORI in the past, but that was because and assignment clashed with MX2 -- as they're on at the same time sometimes -- So, I'm not sure...

I'm on 13 units at the moment aswell BUT im dropping extension hisotry mainly because it's the subject i spend the least amount of time one, crappy rank and it's on the same day as legal studies for the externals. So yeah, dont worry, heaps of people drop subjects late.
But you still have 2 units to back you up. This person may only have one.
But really if they feel confident in their other subjects it shouldn't matter. :p

el_patron

HSC
Uni Grad
drop it

I had English Extension 1 which i did extremely badly for HY (cuz i didn't study at all), didnt want to drop it at the start, but no choice (and it was too much work)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)