• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

drug testing and criminal law (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
why is wendell sailor not in jail?
why is that cowboys guy who tested positive for cocaine not in jail?
WHY havent they been punished by the law at all?

the guys tested positive for an illegal A grade drug and yet they walk around having only copped a 2 year ban from their sport? WHAT THE FUCK???

it seems strange to me that sportsman can be tested for illegal drugs and yet when they are found positive these results arnt turned over to the police

what are your opinions on this

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The same thing happens with a lot of teenagers who experiment with heroin or whatever then go into rehab.

Specifically I'd say that the game's drug authorities have no obligation to turn stuff over to the cops, and see a 2 year ban as sufficient punishment.

xxshatteredxx

HSC
well if they're not actually caught with any substance's i dont think they can actually charge them.

they only tested positive, doesnt mean thaat they have pockets full of stuff and should be charged

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
brogan77 said:
I'm fairly sure that the loss of two year's of significantly lucrative income, is more than adequate punishment for a drugs charge.
yes id agree with you there but i just find it strange that the police dont enforce a legal obligation on the sporting bodies to hand over their findings... i mean if sailor only did it that once then fine, but if he is doing it over and over..... surely an investigation is warrented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)