Drug tests for dole recipients (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's exactly like slavery. The individual should be given maximum choice and liberty as to how they live their life. If they choose to not seek gainful employment, then we as a society deem it necessary to give them a basic pitance to prevent them from turning too feral. This is civilized.

I think that addicts would sooner drop out of the system than be forced into rehab practically against their will. This is not how we should run things. We should empower the individuals from below.
Clean livin
Respect for life
Respect for private property
Dignity in work

These, THESE are found in the Church. We're good at lifting people outta the gutter
Forcing vulnerable individuals to do stuff through such cold bureaucratic mechanisms will always backfire imo

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's exactly like slavery. The individual should be given maximum choice and liberty as to how they live their life. If they choose to not seek gainful employment, then we as a society deem it necessary to give them a basic pitance to prevent them from turning too feral. This is civilized.
Somebody who makes the choice not to work, and not to search for work, and who does not suffer from a disability, should not be catered for. People aren't 'entitled' to any tax dollars unless they're doing the best they can to become a productive member of society.

If they wish to sponge of families, friends and the like, or live on the streets while maintaining a drug addiction, they're more than welcome to, just so long as they keep their hands the fuck out of the public purse.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol yeah waf. You admitted yourself that the payments are mitigating whatever harm such desporate people would do without some basic money for living.
It's social security - an insurance policy for all you top-hatted industrialists

You cant coerce these people from above to get their shit together. It needs to be grass-roots, individual to individual, preaching to their better angels, persuading their will to Truth. It's about freedom imo

Last edited:

walkorboggit

HSC
i think it is a good idea because there is no point in giving people dole money if they are going to blow it on drugs. the money is supposed to give them a chance to survive not to support their drug habits. if they want to do drugs they should get a job and use their own money not the taxpayers and governments money.

banco55

HSC
I agree, but this is an indirect, ineffective and dishonest way of doing this.

How do u think Government policy usually gets made? Selling it as "people on the dole spending your money on drugs" would put the left on the back foot as far as opposing the move goes. Do u think labor was open and honest about why they were making the disability pension easier to get in the 80's? You've got to be sneaky and underhanded in politics if you want to achieve much.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
More like, there needs to be a sex maximum amount of time you can be on the dole AND the reporting procedures for job seekers need to be more stringent.

As far as I know, all you have to do is say you've applied for job x,y,z but you didn't get the job.

HSC
Only a right wing fascist like waf can think of something ludicrous like this. How about we introduce a system where doll recipients work for their money. Im pretty sure there are plenty of government projects these tools can work on.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
More like, there needs to be a sex maximum amount of time you can be on the dole AND the reporting procedures for job seekers need to be more stringent.

As far as I know, all you have to do is say you've applied for job x,y,z but you didn't get the job.
lol @ freudian slip

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Gvt should coordinate w Church to set sex maximum. Oversexed peoples should submit to therapy or face castration

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Waste of time and money.
More than 1/3 would be drug addicts... We don't even have enough resources to cater for current rehabiliz, imagine an additional 20,000

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Waste of time and money.
More than 1/3 would be drug addicts... We don't even have enough resources to cater for current rehabiliz, imagine an additional 20,000
More than 1/3? [citation needed]

And "rehabiliz"? Learn to spell.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Ahhh suck on some codeine... I've stood in the dole line love, many of times... stinking druggiz
Save the whales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)