dumb things you've done on L's (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
when i was on my L's probably the worst thing i did was start to drive off before my sister had closed the door. :eek:

i was dropping her off at dancing and i was eager to practice getting back onto the road from the gutter and i kind of thought too far ahead. :D

but i'm on my greens now so all that has just formed part of my learning experience!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
maybe it's like a deposit to book the place... is this over the net?? i didn't have to pay any extra for booking over the net. that was a year ago.

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
my sister ran into a brick wall in a carpark...it was her first time in a car..she got out virtually unharmed but the guy who was teaching her (my dads best mate) shattered his wrist joint and needed 3 operations...his commodore was also a write off

littleman

HSC
iambored said:
that has to be bs, when did they bring that in?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/licensingfees.html
i rang 13 22 13

rta person on the phone said:
"ok, so that will be $14 to book for a test on the 13th of April at 11am. Do you have your credit card with you?
i promtply told them what i thought and hung up...stupid revenue raising dickheads

gem_max said:
Why drive a manual when you can drive an auto an concentrate more on the road and the joy of driving? :p
after driving both a manual and auto for some time i find a manual better as you have a better "feel" of the car and when i drive an auto i can concentrate more for a while then i start day dreaming sort of.

gem_max said:
5th! Argh thats scary... is it because they just get really nervou or do they REALLY need more practise?
i think it has a lot to do with his attitude, like if you were a driving instructor would you be really picky on a guy who rocks up over confident and thinks he is king of the road, its people like him who screw up the whole image of P platers (when he finally gets them), i f u know what i mean

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
One of the stupid thigns i have done on my L's. I once stoped in the middle of a round about to give way to my left.

monique66

Comrade nathan said:
One of the stupid thigns i have done on my L's. I once stoped in the middle of a round about to give way to my left.
i once stopped to give EVERYBODY way..haha

gem_max

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
ahahah thanks for that... fine holiday entertainment and made me feel better about all the dumb things I still do hehe.

klh

HSC
Manual is fun!!!! plus i lke the look of it when im looking in the mirror, changing gears and stuff. of course i do that when im stationary, not driving-that would be dangerous.
um, ive been to coffs harbour recently and up that way, there has been alot of road fixing etc. pacific highway to be exact. if oyu want the rta to fix roads, tell them when you get your licence, i think, or complain or petition.
and the costs are bloody awful. i mean it will cost me about a semsters worth of textbooks adn student fees whihc sucks, and thats not incuding if i fail amd have to repeat.

gem_max

HSC
a8o said:
no booking fee for the red Ps and i booked about 2 weeks ago.
Really? I had to pay something like 40 bucks I think. Its to pay for the actual test not a seperate booking fee but it had to be paid at the booking. Did you have this?

um, ive been to coffs harbour recently and up that way, there has been alot of road fixing etc. pacific highway to be exact. if oyu want the rta to fix roads, tell them when you get your licence, i think, or complain or petition.
and the costs are bloody awful. i mean it will cost me about a semsters worth of textbooks adn student fees whihc sucks, and thats not incuding if i fail amd have to repeat.
nah Im not going to complain about that lot of roadwork as it needs doing. Just a couple of days ago a girl my age was killed because of the shonky roads. Back home though where I'll be doing the test in the country theres just big patches of mud and the council workers just keep spraying the road with water right when I come along... my poor little white car...

Hmm lets see getting this back on track yesterday I had my very last lesson with an instructor and for the first time ever I tried to drive off with my hand and park brake still on...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
littleman said:
i rang 13 22 13

i promtply told them what i thought and hung up...stupid revenue raising dickheads
damn

people above didn't have a booking fee, if there is it's too much, (40 + 14 everytime you want to take the test, 40 if you pass - we're students! that can be a weeks wage if you're lucky enough to pass first time, or half a weeks wage everytime you go for the test) maybe he wanted to scam money off you

Last edited:

littleman

HSC
iambored said:
damn

people above didn't have a booking fee, if there is it's too much, (40 + 14 everytime you want to take the test, 40 if you pass - we're students! that can be a weeks wage if you're lucky enough to pass first time, or half a weeks wage everytime you go for the test) maybe he wanted to scam money off you
found out if i go there in person its free, but there is a booking fee if done over the phone.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
littleman said:
found out if i go there in person its free, but there is a booking fee if done over the phone.
but u still have to pay the fee for being tested right
and also the licence fee if you pass

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
A month back I was in the car with my mum at the traffic lights. The L plated car on the other side were filled with these young poofs who thought they were cool and they revved up their cars and pumped some gay Britney Spears music to max or something. When it was green light for them, the tyres screeched and the car pretty much flung itself forward and it flew into a pole.

I had the biggest grin for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
- Nearly reversed into another car
- Had a microsleep and hit a kerb
- Broke the speed limit, frequently
- Nearly ran over a pedestrian
- Nearly hit another car while merging lanes

Lots of dumb things. I don't reckon your skills really go up that much till ya get your Ps (where your hours start to rack up alot quicker).

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
ouch... I honestly pity those who actually think they're cool when they're inside a car trying to impress their mates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)