• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dutch Politician Suggests to Ban the Quran (1 Viewer)

Raaaaaachel

HSC
Re: Ban Quran

beentherdunthat said:
First and foremost, It is illegal to have sex if it is not within marriage. Theoretically (and I stress THEORETICALLY) it is even illegal to look upon a woman with lust !!!

LET ALONE A CHILD... imagine the PUNISHMENT of having SEX with a child... NO RELIGION ACCEPTS THIS IN ANY CASE...

The qur'an clearly states this as LAW...
But what about all that stuff about Mohammed marrying and having sex with a 9 year old. Im not saying its true, just wondering since you're muslim.

samuel slack

HSC

I see your crazy point of view. It makes sense, in a sick kind of way. But its just wrong. What happens when we do what you're saying? We evict all muslims and non-european Australians from our country?? Our economy fails, everything goes backwards. Then we have to contend with some pretty pissed muslim bloc countries who really dont like people discriminating against their religion and their religious text. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy, a catch-22. We evict muslims to prevent them from affecting our country, and they have more of an effect than they ever could have had if we didn't institute such a crazy policy.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
People are way too quick to dismiss genocide as a solution to their problems. It is surprisingly effective.
You can never successfully wipe out an entire race, nation, or group. They've been numerous cases of Genocide, and in every single case the aggressors have failed to completely wipe out the people they've set out to destroy. You out of all people should know that.

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
Gosford said:

'Racial criticism is more dislike than hate and is for a real reason - "I don't like black people because they commit so many crimes." '
-imsickofyr12

Yea sure like there is a difference
Stereotypes
U just have problems with anyone not like you
Minorities like u r the problem
that’s where the hatred starts
Maybe stop to think about urself for a moment
U are ignorant and arrogant and should shut ur mouth before u say anything else more stupid
U have had goes at muslims, Asians, black people, aborignals
Get a life!

you're like, the best guy ever. "minorities like u r the problem" should be a slogan or something. I'm going to quote u the next time someone takes a jab at a race

iamsickofyear12

HSC
samuel slack said:
I see your crazy point of view. It makes sense, in a sick kind of way. But its just wrong. What happens when we do what you're saying? We evict all muslims and non-european Australians from our country?? Our economy fails, everything goes backwards. Then we have to contend with some pretty pissed muslim bloc countries who really dont like people discriminating against their religion and their religious text. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy, a catch-22. We evict muslims to prevent them from affecting our country, and they have more of an effect than they ever could have had if we didn't institute such a crazy policy.
I never said evict, and I didn't say all non-Europeans.

The reason I think a high population of muslims in Australia is dangerous is because they would then have the power to influence political decisions... like having different laws applied to them or having special considerations that everyone else doesn't have. This results in one of two things; we end up with a divided society, or everyone else has to have Islamic beliefs forced on them for the sake of maintaining a single community.

So my solution is to...
1 - Make all religion in public illegal. Not just Islam, all religions. No single religion is being discriminated against. This way religion is not allowed to have an impact on government policy by law. Still, this could not be maintained if the Muslim population was large enough.

2 - Stop Muslim immigration. I would think that being unable to display their religion publicly would discourage a fair number from wanting to come in the first place, but even if it doesn't Australia has a right to decide what is best for Australia, not other people.

You may say "well what about the Christian denominations, they have just as much of an impact" but that is not exactly true. I would consider our culture and laws to have evolved from christian beliefs. This means that although I would consider our society in many ways secular, everyone gets along, and accepts what I see as a continued movement towards an even more secular society. Islam just doesn't work this way. The average Muslim seems to be far more religious than the average Christian, meaning there is no acceptance of this secular movement, and that just creates a big gap between Muslims and what they want and everyone else and what they want.

Some Muslims may be angry but the that would just prove that they are unable to accept criticism. It would not be saying Islam is wrong, or that we don't want Islam being followed in other countries (or even in this one as long as it doesn't bother people), just that it doesn't really work here. There may be some negative impacts, but I don't think it would be any worse than what we could expect later on if we continue allowing things to go the way they are.

As for other non-Europeans.... preserving the white race will be a serious issue in the future, and I don't think it is racist to say so. I am not suggesting anything drastic like bringing back the white Australia policy, but surely focusing a bit on European and American immigrants couldn't hurt.

I'm not going to respond to questions/criticisms of this post because there is no way I can prove all my assumptions and observations. If you could just use a little common sense and try and see what I am saying it would be appreciated.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

beentherdunthat said:
First and foremost, It is illegal to have sex if it is not within marriage. Theoretically (and I stress THEORETICALLY) it is even illegal to look upon a woman with lust !!!
PRAISE UNTO ALLAH FOR THESE MOST GLORlOUS LAWS.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

cana white person b a muslim

this is discrimination

they will not let me build my hillsong church at mecca. fkin racealists.

beentherdunthat

HSC

Raaaaaachel said:
But what about all that stuff about Mohammed marrying and having sex with a 9 year old. Im not saying its true, just wondering since you're muslim.
Yes, it is true. He did marry her at the age of 9 and she stayed with him until his death, at which time she was 18. BUT, If somebody were to claim Mohammed and ‘Aisha had sex when she was nine, and they were wrong, that would be a serious slander against Mohammed.

Therefore, I'm sorry to say I don't know much on HOW this came to be, but that he married her at 9, and NOT forcibly. Note that the values at that time were different. Woman were seen to be ready to marry when they had gone through puberty.

Thanks for asking anyway. I'll ask around, and see if I can get back to you.

Raaaaaachel

HSC

beentherdunthat said:
Yes, it is true. He did marry her at the age of 9 and she stayed with him until his death, at which time she was 18. BUT, If somebody were to claim Mohammed and ‘Aisha had sex when she was nine, and they were wrong, that would be a serious slander against Mohammed.

Therefore, I'm sorry to say I don't know much on HOW this came to be, but that he married her at 9, and NOT forcibly. Note that the values at that time were different. Woman were seen to be ready to marry when they had gone through puberty.

Thanks for asking anyway. I'll ask around, and see if I can get back to you.
Okies, thanks. At least your religious text doesn't advocate slavery, rape and murder like the bible.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

beentherdunthat said:
fkin lol

you don't even know your own religion

The best source, the hadith collections of a few Muslim scholars (Bukhari and Muslim b. al-Hajjaj) at the time quote Ai'sha being married at at 7 years of age which was then consummated when she was 9. A majority of scholars accept this view.

lulz.

beentherdunthat

HSC

jb_nc said:
fkin lol

you don't even know your own religion

The best source, the hadith collections of a few Muslim scholars at the time quote Ai'sha being married at at 7 years of age which was then consummated when she was 9. A majority of scholars accept this view.

lulz.
Back at you... She was married at 6, and then the marriage was consummated when she was 9. :p More scholars accept THIS view. However, HOW the relationship came to be is the more important question. So YOU, being the wise, can tell us now right?

beentherdunthat

HSC

Raaaaaachel said:
Okies, thanks. At least your religious text doesn't advocate slavery, rape and murder like the bible.
Sorry, however that is a critical view against the Bible... I don't think the bible 'advocates' slavery, rape and murder... The two religions are similar. However, we all know during the course of history the Bible was tampered with by self-devoted 'priests' and those who called themself such. That is why there are many bibles and only one Qur'an.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Raaaaaachel said:
The institution of slavery had indeed been practiced from time immemorial. It existed in all the ancient civilizations of Asia, Africa, Europe, and pre-Columbian America. It had been accepted and even endorsed by Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as well as other religions of the world.
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/med/lewis1.html

?????? You're insane. You really don't think someone could find a random quote in the Qur'an endorsing rape? It's probably a mistranslation since it can only be read in Arabic though. Allah can only speak Arabic.

lulz again. a woman is to be put to death by stoning if she "commits" adultery. Totally not endorsing murder there.

Both texts draw heavily on the Old Testament which is basically where all of the quotes endorsing where you have come from and each shares the common root of a monothestic religion founded by Abraham.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

beentherdunthat said:
Back at you... She was married at 6, and then the marriage was consummated when she was 9. :p More scholars accept THIS view. However, HOW the relationship came to be is the more important question. So YOU, being the wise, can tell us now right?
BUT, If somebody were to claim Mohammed and ‘Aisha had sex when she was nine, and they were wrong, that would be a serious slander against Mohammed
then the marriage was consummated when she was 9
lol u just slanderised mohammed ure going to bunr in hellz0r

Raaaaaachel

HSC
I guess your right jn_bc. It goes to show how stupid all religion is. I guess my point was that Christians are so righteous about their beliefs in condeming the Quaran but their own religious text is just as bad.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Raaaaaachel said:
I guess your right jn_bc. It goes to show how stupid all religion is. I guess my point was that Christians are so righteous about their beliefs in condeming the Quaran but their own religious text is just as bad.
They don't condemn the Qur'an. The condemn the fundamentalist interpretation of a fringe of people far removed from the mainstream. Only a bigot with ulterior motives would blame the actions of a few on the Qur'an.

Last edited:

Raaaaaachel

HSC
jb_nc said:
They don't condemn the Qur'an. The condemn the fundamentalist interpretation of a fringe of people far removed from the mainstream. Only a bigot with ulterior motives would blame the actions of a few on the Qur'an.
Yeah biggots like half the people on this site.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Raaaaaachel said:
What the Quran and the Bible actually say is irrelevant. It is the current interpretation that is important.

Though the Bible does have many of those things in it, these days it's not interpreted literally. I don't know as much about the Quran, but it seems that there are a lot of Muslims that still do interpret many of its concepts it literally. That is the difference between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)