• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dux of school get prize? (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
physician said:
well my school gives a pritty neat and large trophy... with a certificate..

but theres a school u may have heard of ...(there's a few bos members that go there)... 'Malek Fahd Islamic School'..... and well i don't know about this year but last year he gave any student that got 90 or above in any exam $500... for each individual exam... so for example if u got 5 marks in the 90's then u got $2500... now how's that for a reward.....

What are the fees though, $16K / year ??

Kierkegaard

HSC
I got a trophy, a certificate and a $100 cheque from the local government. I go to a high school of less then 250, so that's not to bad. Still, I did get the best QCS (Queensland Core Skills) mark that anyone at my school has ever gotten; I'd like to be awarded something to relieve me from my impoverished lifestyle. $10,000 is all I'm asking for...

CrashOveride

HSC
Kierkegaard: Do you know where i can find some QLD end of year exams for say math and science subjects online? Apparently, schooling(high and tertiary) is easier up there?

mishka

HSC
N/A
are people really that disappointed they "didn't get much" for getting dux?? shouldn't the emphasis be placed on your actual achievements, rather than "how much/little" you got??

just an observation... :rolleyes:

Kierkegaard

HSC
We don't have "end of year exams," we have exams every term. They're all internal, except for the QCS, which is a general exam (not subject specific). I can give you my final Maths C exam--my teacher got most of those questions from Canadian (University of Toronto, as I later found out) 2nd and 3rd year uni exams and assignments. Trust me, that ain't easy. ;)

Your HSC Physics; now that's easy. My Physics teacher is British. He gave us questions from his A-Level Year 13 English textbook. It all depends on the teacher you get, which is the big problem with internal exams. I must admit, the biology papers towards the end of Grade 12 were a little disappointing.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'd be interested if you posted your maths C exams.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Oh, didn't know you had to do that - sorry. Thanks, BTW.

lexy-kate

at our school in years 10 and 11 if you come first you get $300, 2nd is $200 and 3rd is $100... im hoping in year 12 they get even more generous and boost that $300! We have to attend the year 7 orientation dinner to recieve our cheque's but... thats hell in itself

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
at my school (and i know this cause i am the dux) we get dux based on school assessments ie. first in the most subjects in class, and we get a $25 dymmocks voucher for each subject we come first in, and $50 for being dux (I ended up with $250)....plus we get a massive trophy cup that we get to keep. We award the highest uai seperately, at next year's speech night where we get another gift voucher or something...so looks like im putting in an appearance at speech night again next year.....damn, i thought this was the last one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)