Early studying for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, I'd like to know some of the textbooks and other materials that SGHS uses for Year 11:

-English Ext (compulsory)
-Maths Ext
-Chem
-Econs
-Heritage Chinese

Also for maths, which optional maths courses do they get through? All of them? I'm a new enrolment so I would be really thankful for some advice and help.

Thanks!

HAX0R

HSC
Lol what the heck? Compulsory Ext 1 English? I hope it's not compulsory for Year 12. I wouldn't be able to survive.

I'm pretty sure you use Cambridge for maths, for the rest, ask your teachers.

HSC
Unfortunately yes...I'm not a fan of English AT ALL so I don't know how I'll survive English next year, but nope you can drop down to Advanced so that's not TOO bad.

Thanks!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Extension is way better than advanced! Dw :) (depends if you like thinking though)

I don't believe there's an optional math topic so you will probs be doing all of it.

Not sure about the textbooks for our subs though, sorry :( but good ones for chem are dot point chemistry :) I know my school uses conquering chem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
I meant optional maths topics in Year 10, I believe they're Circle Geometry, Functions and Logarithms, Further Algebra, Further Trigonometry, Surds and a couple others. My current school didn't manage to cover all of these topics so if SGHS has already done them, I'll have to catch up over the holidays.

I will try to enjoy extension! I'm not actually bad at English, I just don't enjoy it...thanks!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I meant optional maths topics in Year 10, I believe they're Circle Geometry, Functions and Logarithms, Further Algebra, Further Trigonometry, Surds and a couple others. My current school didn't manage to cover all of these topics so if SGHS has already done them, I'll have to catch up over the holidays.

I will try to enjoy extension! I'm not actually bad at English, I just don't enjoy it...thanks!
OH right. My bad! Not sure what they did in year 10 at SGHS but I would definitely look at further algebra, trig, surds, functions and logs and circle geo (wow that's all of them AHAH) but I've listed them in order of priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
My current school's done most of those topics except for Circle Geo, Logs, and Functions. I know some Logs so I just need to work a little harder for the other two. Thanks again!

sassy-sloth

HSC
I have a feeling I know who you are if you're coming into SGHS next year. We don't do Cambridge apparently. We haven't done Functions or Log so don't worry about that

Edit : Did you go Matrix LOL

Last edited:

Erinaceous

HSC
lol extention 1 English is also compulsory for all year 11s in my school XD

Last edited:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Functions and logs are easy surprised that they were the final chapters of a yr 10 book, personally find circle geo much harder

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Pshht thinking? So overrated. :p
//lazy
the atar is strong with this one.

what school makes ee1 compulsory! my school was forcing people to move to standard, now we have like 40 advance kids in a 220 cohort gg to our average...

salshel

HSC

what school makes ee1 compulsory! my school was forcing people to move to standard, now we have like 40 advance kids in a 220 cohort gg to our average...
Yush it is. ;) Going to punch that huge mountain called the HSC with my very sleepy face.

Lol my school considered making EE1 compulsory but everyone does EE1 anyways. xD Well, everyone except the aspiring three sciences children which brings the everyone number down roughly 5 places. lewl.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Yush it is. ;) Going to punch that huge mountain called the HSC with my very sleepy face.

Lol my school considered making EE1 compulsory but everyone does EE1 anyways. xD Well, everyone except the aspiring three sciences children which brings the everyone number down roughly 5 places. lewl.
Tbh id rather have a school that makes ee1 compulsory, that way i could smash the bottom 75% quartile and come out with a slightly better mark. Well my school is ranked top 3 in standard english overall in the state (something to be proud of?)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

Out of a 160 cohort at my school a good 120-130 kids are doing advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

moni5281

HSC
advanced is compulsory at our school, i would die if extension 1 was compulsory

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Out of a 160 cohort at my school a good 120-130 kids are doing advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
Ok maybe its just my school that sucks haha

HSC
Ah, I see XD Thanks, hope to see you next year! No I don't haha my mum is just very strict and makes me do a bunch of extra maths, I don't do tutoring :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)