Earth and environmental notes...help?!? (1 Viewer)

danielleh

HSC
I was trying to make notes the other day for e&e, but I can't answer the outcomes! Please, can anyone help??? These are the outcomes I need notes for:
~Explain how earthquakes, volcanic activity and new landforms result from interactions at plate boundaries
~some impacts of natural events including cyclones, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes on the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and/or biosphere
~Recall that the law of superposition states that the oldest layers of rocks formed first and use this to explain the relative ages of rock strata.
~Explain the formation of igneous structures such as batholiths, sills and dykes may interrupt the strata of sedimentary rocks
~Describe conditions under which fossils form
~Discuss the fact that fossils are found in sedimentary rocks and be able to explain why
~Relate the fossil record to the age of Earth and the time over which life has been evolving

Thankyou in advance!

occer

HSC
N/A

~Describe conditions under which fossils form

I haven't done this topic in half a year so this is just about the only one I can remember well enough to describe.

Fossils are formed with a rapid burial in an anaerobic environment.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I think the following:

1. Describe conditions under which fossils form
2. Identify that geological history can be interpreted from the formation, by sediments, of horizontal layers in which the oldest are at the base and the youngest at the top<O:p></O:p>
3. Relate the fossil record to the age of Earth and the time over which life has been evolving<O:p></O:p>
4. Revise that the internal layers of the Earth are the Core, Mantle, Crust, and Lithosphere.<O:p></O:p>
5. Relate movements of Earth’s plates to convection currents in the mantle and to gravitational forces.<O:p></O:p>
6. Discuss evidence that suggests crustal plates move over time.<O:p></O:p>
7. Explain how interactions at plate boundaries may result in earthquakes, volcanic activity and new landforms<O:p></O:p>
8. Identify common folds and faults and identify how they form.<O:p></O:p>
9. Interpret the geological history of an area by viewing a cross-section of the land.<O:p></O:p>
10. Explain some impacts of natural events including cyclones, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes on the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and/or biosphere.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)