EAS bonus points (1 Viewer)

abcd223

HSC
N/A
The atar released this morning, has the EAS points already been added on ?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nope, bonus points are NOT part of your ATAR in any shape or form - they just get tacked on at the end by UAC when processing offers. Don't be one of those people who add on their EAS when telling people your atar either...

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Bonus points are a scam. Unis are competing for enrolment, apart from those keenly-sought ones like Medicine, Dentistry, Law (Usyd & NSW). This applies especially to the lower-ranked institutions.

nifkeh

HSC
Bonus points are a scam. Unis are competing for enrolment, apart from those keenly-sought ones like Medicine, Dentistry, Law (Usyd & NSW). This applies especially to the lower-ranked institutions.
please explain, people get disadvantages in their ATAR, getting EAS bonus points gives them some hope to get into uni. also you can get bonus points for doing relevant subjects and doing well and if english dragged you down that would be of help. I am confused

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
please explain, people get disadvantages in their ATAR, getting EAS bonus points gives them some hope to get into uni. also you can get bonus points for doing relevant subjects and doing well and if english dragged you down that would be of help. I am confused
Please see Catherine Armitage's piece "University entry score devalued by use of bonus point schemes" (P12, today's SMH). She explains it far better than I can.

Demise

HSC
Please see Catherine Armitage's piece "University entry score devalued by use of bonus point schemes" (P12, today's SMH). She explains it far better than I can.
No explanation can neutralise or even argue (to a negative extent) the logic of granting someone who went through significant hardship / disadvantages in their final years of schooling.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
No, the EAS points only get considered in the offers stage in Jan.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Can it just be emphasised before other keep making new thread that your atar given by UAC is pretty much just your results nothing more, nothing less (think of an unarmed knight). EAS and any other bonuses you pick up are ONLY used by the uni's when considering to give offers (giving knight a weapon/ handicap advantage)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)