• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Easier for Girls or Guys? (1 Viewer)

ZacG

HSC
There are females I know who flat out refuse to make the first move. I guess it all goes back to old skool chivalry.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Raiks said:
Its easier for anyone who has the confidence to go up and ask. Girls do have an advantage that a lot of single guys are less 'choosy' than their gender counterparts. So girls do have it slightly easier but its the confidence of an individual and who they are which provide the key roles.
I am a single guy and I am significantly less choosy.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ZacG said:
There are females I know who flat out refuse to make the first move. I guess it all goes back to old skool chivalry.
Despite popular belief, asking a girl for sex isn't chivalrous.

ZacG

HSC
Haha, but I was referring to any sorts of first moves (asking the guy out, kissing etc).

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Its always harder for guys coz girls expect them 2 make the 1st move

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
shady_03 said:
Its always harder for guys coz girls expect them 2 make the 1st move
true that...

it's funny when you go out, and you'll have a girl looking at you etc etc, but wont do anything. If the guy isnt desperate (i dont mean that in any bad way, it's just if the guy doesnt worry about missing the possible 'one' of his life...being young helps in that respect too) then she goes without, she thinks guys are all dickheads (she feels rejected, even though she clearly wasnt) and she should turn lesbian. The guy goes 'ohwell, maybe next time :eek:'

girls...have the advantage, use it. If a guy is supposed to eventually propose, then the girl should at least try and pick up the guy to kick things off :rolleyes:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
There should be no "who should make the move?"

When one person is attracted to another and wants to take the friendship further, he or she should just go ahead and do it.

It's understandable if people back out because they're not sure if the feeling is mutual, and don't want to risk losing the friendship. But if the signs are there, and both parties are anxious for each other to make the first move, waiting around is both frustrating and useless. You've got nothing to lose - and don't say pride or dignity, because bits of pride and dignity are lost everyday and you get over it.

It's worse to end up wondering how happy you would have been had you made the move than to be rejected. Rejection feels like crap, but thinking of what could or should have been is a feeling that will stay with you for much longer.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
whatabout out somewhere...when they're not your friend?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
braad said:
whatabout out somewhere...when they're not your friend?
If they're not your friend you have even less to lose. Just ask the damn girl (or guy). If they reject and humiliate you, don't worry - you'll probably never see them again. :rolleyes:

anjo___________

baaaallllerrrrrr
HSC
girls definately.. none of dat equal advantage shit lol...

i mean.. guyz jus want somethin 2 hold nd kiss ADMIT IT.. well.. pre-18s neway

WHILE.. girls actualy usualy want da above PLUS some luvvin nd surprises nd all dat luvey dovey relationship shit =]

also.. i noticed dat if ur a half-decent girl nd has a reputation that isnt FUGLY STUPID SLUT BIATCH nd u tell a guy u like dem.. theyll usualy consider likin u bak.. of coz.. they hafta be single =]

girls however.. luv 2 reject u if ur a lil bit below der expectations =/

jus wat ive noticed ^^ plz dun flame =]

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
anjo___________ said:
of coz.. they hafta be single =]
That's important. Stealing is wrong.

Please spell properly. Every time I read one of your posts, I'm reminded of my friend back when she was in year 9. I don't know why, but it bothers me because you're a guy. :confused:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Please spell properly. Every time I read one of your posts, I'm reminded of my friend back when she was in year 9. I don't know why, but it bothers me because you're a guy. :confused:

ditto to that...please, for your own intelligence

ZacG

HSC
anjo___________ said:
girls definately.. none of dat equal advantage shit lol...

i mean.. guyz jus want somethin 2 hold nd kiss ADMIT IT.. well.. pre-18s neway

WHILE.. girls actualy usualy want da above PLUS some luvvin nd surprises nd all dat luvey dovey relationship shit =]

also.. i noticed dat if ur a half-decent girl nd has a reputation that isnt FUGLY STUPID SLUT BIATCH nd u tell a guy u like dem.. theyll usualy consider likin u bak.. of coz.. they hafta be single =]

girls however.. luv 2 reject u if ur a lil bit below der expectations =/

jus wat ive noticed ^^ plz dun flame =]
Don't want to burst your bubble, but some guys want sex.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
anjo___________ said:
If a half-decent girl told me she liked me I'd giver her a chance even if I didn't like her at all. Cause maybe I would start to like her. Or if not just have a bit of fun anyway.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
braad said:
true that...

it's funny when you go out, and you'll have a girl looking at you etc etc, but wont do anything. If the guy isnt desperate (i dont mean that in any bad way, it's just if the guy doesnt worry about missing the possible 'one' of his life...being young helps in that respect too) then she goes without, she thinks guys are all dickheads (she feels rejected, even though she clearly wasnt) and she should turn lesbian. The guy goes 'ohwell, maybe next time :eek:'

girls...have the advantage, use it. If a guy is supposed to eventually propose, then the girl should at least try and pick up the guy to kick things off :rolleyes:
tru, i dont see nething wrong with a chik going up 2 a guy and making the first move, especially if they have been looking at each other all nite (eg in a club)..... coz the ownus is always on the guy 2 make a move even if the chik is the first one which shows interest. It depends tho coz theres mainly 2 types of guys in clubs - those who are shy and those who are sleazy lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I used to think that it's so easy for girls to pick up guys. Then i realised this is very much not the fact. I, for example, wouldn't just go out/get onto everyone. Guys are also very selective unless they have low expectations.
I've got a fear of rejection which is annoying. It contradicts my high confidence levels. I hardly ever have the guts to ask out a girl/talk to one. It sucks. It doesn't also help when you and your friends are unapproachable at uni - "the donnie darko kids" is what we've been labeled. We never spoke to any girls in lectures and we had that whole aura of mystery around us that according to some girls we spoke to in a party 'no one wanted to break so that you guys would seem really awesome. we even made up names for you'

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
people don’t ask each other out any more 1Time4thePpl , that’s so… passé
nowdays people ask: wanna come out for cofee or wanan come to sexpo with me?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hehehhehe...sexpo.
i know its still asking for coffee. but i get afraid of rejection :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)