Easiest Arts subjects to boost marks? (1 Viewer)

Morbo

HSC
I would suggest WRIT1001. It basically teaches you how to write academic essays and its fairly breezy if you complete all your work on time.
Also if you've done basic HTML or programming in the past, INFO1003 is a fairly easy subject. You'll have to complete a group project over the semester so if you can make friends quickly and form a decent group you should be fine.

It really all comes down to you though. If you choose not to do any work you won't get a very good grade.

allira92

HSC
I would suggest WRIT1001. It basically teaches you how to write academic essays and its fairly breezy if you complete all your work on time.
Also if you've done basic HTML or programming in the past, INFO1003 is a fairly easy subject. You'll have to complete a group project over the semester so if you can make friends quickly and form a decent group you should be fine.

It really all comes down to you though. If you choose not to do any work you won't get a very good grade.
WRIT1001 is the biggest joke of a subject.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
WRIT1001 is the biggest joke of a subject.
Really? I've heard that the writing subjects are great, I was thinking of doing one this year. Do you know what WRIT1002 is like?

ohmyjosh

HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest WRIT1001.
Hey is WRIT1001 called Writing and Rhetoric 1: Academic Essays?
Everyone that I've spoken to who did WRIT1001 has referred to it as academic writing.
I'm thinking of doing it but I'm not sure if the subject has completely changed for this year.

allira92

HSC
Really? I've heard that the writing subjects are great, I was thinking of doing one this year. Do you know what WRIT1002 is like?
I've always known it as Academic Writing and no I've only ever done WRIT1001, I was forced to do it as part of my BLAS degree. It's mildly interesting if you are interested in how to write essays correctly and the theory behind all the essays and persuasion and what not but I found it taught me mostly things that I didn't realise that I already knew like how to structure an introduction and how your personal context influences how you perceive things. The final essay you are theoretically supposed to put to practice everything you've learnt over the semester about how to word sentences etc but I just wrote my essay as I would any other essay and i got a distinction. The tutes are ok. The lectures however consist mostly of the lecturer talking about his thesis and how he was quoted for the SMH and was supposed to be on the 7pm project but they canceled at the last minute.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Probably the WRIT units are the easiest.

I'm a first year Arts/Law student and funnily enough, I'm enrolled in WRIT1002 - Argumentation in Semester 1 and then WRIT1001 - Academic essays in Semester 2. Hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)