easiest way to learn hsc verbs? (1 Viewer)

nailafun

HSC
All the ppl who know that stuff by heart, how did u do it? Thanks :)

Bobbo1

HSC
It's just a matter of practicing with questions, maybe for the first few of them you can have the verbs handy. After a while you should be able to remember most of them. You should notice some of them come up more than others and these are the ones you should be focusing on, i.e. identify, list, discuss, evaluate, explain, analyse etc..

HSC
N/A
The key word is exposure. You probably won't learn off by heart what the definition of each verb is - the easiest way to learn them is to understand each one, and practice. It will be much more helpful to have sample answers the first few times around, so that you know exactly what kind of response is expected.

Magical Kebab

HSC
It's not that u should know them by heart, but how u actually answer questions using them.

HSC
Uni Grad
Just learn how to use them, and thus being able to incorporate them that way.

In terms of having more of knowledge and/or application, i'd say:

Application > Knowledge :)

Bobbo1

HSC
Just learn how to use them, and thus being able to incorporate them that way.

In terms of having more of knowledge and/or application, i'd say:

Application > Knowledge :)
Very true!, the HSC is more about HOW you express your ideas rather than WHAT you say.

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I find the best way to know what verbs mean is to pretend for a moment you're not at school, you're perhaps just at home and you get asked to, for example, discuss something. That sort of thing. Then you apply what that means to the question at hand. Discuss is generally just talk about something and then come to a conclusion. For example if in economics you get the question,' Discuss the effectiveness of government policies in achieving economic objectives', you think for a moment what if you got asked to discuss something, then you know what it means and you apply it to the question. And the question is asking you to talk about how effectiveness the policies of the government have been in achieving economic objectives such as economic growth, stable inflation, low unemployment, external stability etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)